i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Rogue
I spent all my honor on S9 gear. Not a problem for me. I'll PvP, earn more honor, and upgrade. It's fun, so...who cares? Not me.
90 Night Elf Druid
They could boost the ilevels of the honor weapons, it feels a bit weird that they are 359 while the new conquest ones are 378 / 391 - so where exactly will PvPers find weapons that are competitive while waiting? PvE ? Auction House?

I could see 371 weapons not being a problem at all since it would further help even the playing field.
85 Goblin Hunter
I appreciate the fact that they admit to some errors. At this point it makes me think of those ads you hear from attourneys who are seeking to find those who were wronged by some drug company 3 years ago. I'm very interested to see how they can make this right, without me having to call some 1-800 number or something.

lol had to edit cause the number came up as on you could call on skype lol
Edited by Spyderjon on 7/6/2011 6:24 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
We appreciate the responses, Zarhym! Despite this whole scenario being an unfortunate mishap, many of us know you don't shy away and are looking into it.

One idea to compensate:

Why not hotfix into the game vendor who buys the 365 honor tier many mistakenly bought? It could even be an extended window of an already existing NPC-vendor, with him wanting to buy 365 pvp gear on his last window.

I realize that would be bulky with so many class combinations, but it could be temporary too! There already exist npcs that buy tier for upgrades, like the upgrade vendors from ICC I believe.

I realize this wouldn't cover Gems and Enchants, but at the same time players are currently earning gold from the dailies you provided in fair amounts. So it would cover most of the damage control.
76 Gnome Mage
07/06/2011 06:16 PMPosted by Channel
The emphasis on the 4000 honor points as being the major extent of the harm has me a bit concerned, but lets wait and see what the remediation might be.

this is a very valid point, imo, and i found the wording of this point to be quite ominous...focusing on the banked 4k honor discounts the tens of thousands of honor most folks in the "newly obsolete 365 suit" ground out last week...it's a gross minimization of the time spent...

i hate to say it, but it doesn't look very positive for the player base, if this is the early response...
87 Draenei Paladin
07/06/2011 06:08 PMPosted by Robertzep
They said the will try to alleviate SOME of the misfortune. Anyways, my original point was that you're not ENTITLED to anything.

If this were a free game, I might be inclined to agree with you. However, WoW is not free, it costs money. Changes as large as this should be effectively communicated, which they were not. So, people spent valuable time grinding for gear under the assumption it was business as usual. Therefore, in this instance, people are entitled to some compensation. Blizzard is a business, they understand this. And that is all I have to say on this topic.
90 Tauren Shaman
I at least feel better knowing they know they screwed up big time. Hopefully they do something to help us out.
90 Night Elf Druid
4) In between seasons, the previous high tier of items become available for purchase with Honor Points, allowing anyone who could not previously afford them with CP one last chance to buy them using the excess Honor Points.

What I don't understand is why this option exists, at all. Why not remove the old tier at the end of each season? It's this step which is at the heart of the problem and I just don't understand who would spend honor points on gear that would be outdated in a week. Are their gear collectors who benefit? I honestly just don't get what players this option is targeted at/who benefits from it. It seems like needless complexity.
Edited by Elnia on 7/6/2011 6:28 PM PDT
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
We agree that the mistakes made were very unfortunate and unfair to a lot of players. We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

We know most want all Vicious 365 to become Vicious 371, either by update or trade in. However, after your response, I personally think that much is unreasonable to ask for. However, seeing as most players would have saved 4000 HP for the season's start, two pieces of Vicious 371 should be made purchasable with their Vicious 365 counterparts.

My suggestion would be the Chest and Helm pieces. If you really wanted to give players some extra for their troubles, I'd say make the Leg pieces available.

At least it'll take a chunk out of this unexpected grind.
86 Dwarf Hunter
I assume that it may not be possible for them to programatically determine who bought 365 gear last week and would have wanted to get the 371 gear this week, so I see only a few alternatives:

1) Save the new system for the next season. Stop selling the 371 gear. Anyone who bought it, gets their gear removed and honor refunded with a soft cap at 4000. They have a week or two to spend the over-capped honor, and then it gets converted to gold as per the usual rules. This is a moderately complicated solution, but might work.
2) All of the existing 365 gear gets upgraded to 371 gear. This is a fantastically simplistic idea, and will probably result in a bunch of "but they didn't earn it" QQ from some quarters, but really has little downside.
3) Create an upgrade vendor where anyone with the 365 gear can pay (gold or honor?) to upgrade it to 371. This is probably more difficult that it sounds, and comes with the same QQ potential as option 2.

I'll note that this has no effect on me. I'd just like to see people satisfied :)
29 Human Mage
07/06/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Elnia
4) In between seasons, the previous high tier of items become available for purchase with Honor Points, allowing anyone who could not previously afford them with CP one last chance to buy them using the excess Honor Points.

What I don't understand is why this option exists, at all. Why not remove the old tier at the end of each season? It's this step which is at the heart of the problem and I just don't understand who would spend honor points on gear that would be outdated in a week. Are their gear collectors who benefit? I honestly just don't get what players this option is targeted at/who benefits from it. It seems like needless complexity.

Oh there's some serious Collectors/RPers out there.
90 Human Paladin
Don't you dare just give us 4,000 HP and say "That's the most you could have saved anyways for S10 honor gear". Many, many of us decided to spend our time that week to grind out ALL of the gear.

Yes I wouldn't have gone over my 4k cap if that was the deal, but I also wouldn't have spent 15-20 hours this weekend grinding honor.

Giving us 4k honor is really all they could do.

I mean, come on, do you really expect them to be able to come up with 1.21 gigawatts for each player?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]