i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

100 Gnome Warlock
I should have the new gear this weekend, I was just hoping to be done this weekend. Ah well such is WoW. Still mad I didn't get my green hood, I mean come on really a blue hood with my awesome green shoulders and robes.

Not cool at all. (still angry with myself for sleeping on Monday night)
85 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Frøze
Don't let this die down. It's not fair what happened. It should be made right.

And exactly how would you expect it to be made right?
85 Tauren Warrior
The argument going on in regards to being entitled or not is getting off topic from what this thread is trying to accomplish. Compensation or not, the community just wants to know if Blizzard is even going to do anything at all which has not been clearly stated yet.

We originally received this in the first blue post:
" We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week."

Then this in the second blue post:
"We don't want to promise something we can't deliver on and exacerbate the current situation."

And finally this in the last blue post:
"It just means that if we decide we can do something to help, we will. We just aren't in a position currently to tell you anything more at this point in time. This isn't from any lack of desire. Again, it's about finding a way to do something that makes sense in a way that's fair to as many people as possible. If we find that solution, we will let you all know."

Right now, this is what people are waiting to see come from Blizzard. Any kind of update in regards to their own posts.
85 Human Warrior
07/08/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Hetelle
What I would like is for Greg Street to man up and come on the forums and tell us ALL, EXACTLY what his mindset was in allowing "his" team to make the 371 change and NOT DOCUMENT IT ANYWHERE instead of hiding behind the CMs. Way to have control over your team, Tom Chilton was a horrible but at least he quit.

Agreed. There is no reason whatsoever for them to put in 371 gear.

Blizzard promised that we don't have to grind honor gear if we have conquest gear from last season but now they're backing out at the last second and screwing us over in the process.
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/08/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Frøze
Of course I'm talking about people who EARNED their honor between end of season 9 and beginning of season 10.

I can get behind this idea more than people just wanting the gear no matter when they got the honor/gear.
Edited by Vanndar on 7/8/2011 5:18 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue
Of course. I spent about 20 hours in AV getting the honor to buy this gear. I shouldn't have to grind that again. Arena players were told the wouldn't have to grind honor between seasons (i can not site source, read from others).

Not saying "give every toon full vicious." Let me exchange my 365 for 371, or better yet, hotfix to patch my gear up.
Edited by Chith on 7/8/2011 5:22 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
You can't take away the 371 gear now, it's beyond too late. To make everything fair, you would have to make all the current 365 gear, 371. After that, we can all just forget they screwed up.
85 Human Warrior
07/08/2011 05:15 PMPosted by Hetelle

Agreed. There is no reason whatsoever for them to put in 371 gear.

Blizzard promised that we don't have to grind honor gear if we have conquest gear from last season but now they're backing out at the last second and screwing us over in the process.

Not to get off-topic but does Windwalk STACK with Earthen Vitality at all or does Windwalk override it?

STACK
85 Human Paladin
Wait - I just thought of a solution.

FRESH STAAAAAART!!!

Just drop the cost of the 371 gear to 0 honor.

The goods will be good, the bads will be bad and have good gear.

No.

That is all.
85 Tauren Druid
replacement is as simple as a database change. the item-ids are held in a field for everything you have. search for one item-id... change to another. it's that simple.

and since it's that simple... and they've admitted they made a mistake... you have to ask why they haven't just fixed it

when you start pondering that question is when your blood pressure goes up

easily changed via a database call. it may not be an in-game change, but a rolling restart would cover it.

While the part about the database is partly true, a "find and replace" isn't so simple. What do you do about gems and enchants? Just copy those over? There's a bit more complexity now. What about reforging?

Either way, do you really think the solution is to take every character everywhere that has those items and upgrade them to the next tier? The people who were affected bought items during a specific period. Plus, if the players had known what was going to happen, they'd have probably not even purchased items for the slots in question but something else.

Now you're trying to link in an audit system (that we don't have any clue about the structure of) to rewind what happened and then make decisions about what the player would have purchased if they knew what was going to happen? It gets a lot more complex now.

Whatever the solution, if it were simple, Blizzard would have done it. They're not in the business of pissing off customers no matter how much it might happen via human error. They had a plan for how to deal with the season transition. They screwed up and admitted it. They couldn't warn you ahead of time...it was a mistake.

Trust me, the Blizzard campus is crawling with a lot of very smart people some of whom are likely doing one of two things right now. Either they're trying to come up with the most equitable solution possible to the problem or they have realized there is no equitable solution and they've apologized and they're doing their damnedest not to let it happen again.

I'm not saying that we should be silent and complacent about it. However, an oversimplification of the solution isn't going to help either. It would be better to just say what outcome you want instead of presuming what the mechanics behind that outcome would be.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]