i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

85 Troll Shaman
07/06/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Elnia
4) In between seasons, the previous high tier of items become available for purchase with Honor Points, allowing anyone who could not previously afford them with CP one last chance to buy them using the excess Honor Points.

What I don't understand is why this option exists, at all. Why not remove the old tier at the end of each season? It's this step which is at the heart of the problem and I just don't understand who would spend honor points on gear that would be outdated in a week. Are their gear collectors who benefit? I honestly just don't get it.

What you're supposed to do if you're capped at 4k honor points is wait until the season ends, get your CP converted to HP that you're allowed to have over the cap, spend a bit more to get that last piece you were trying to get, then grind back up to 4k honor (which should only be like 600 or 700 at most, else you'd be wasting points). The problem was that this was not communicated, as Big Z said. With the amount of changes in big patches like this, it's easy to forget to make the mandatory blue post to make people aware of it. The Honor transfer also didn't go over as expected, which, as Z said, made it even worse. Hope that clears things up a bit.
85 Human Priest

Before getting into it, I want you all to know that we've maintained an open dialog with our developers over the past 24 hours regarding the way in which the PvP season transition went down since patch 4.2 (this includes relaying a lot of the feedback we've seen on the forums to them). We agree that the mistakes made were very unfortunate and unfair to a lot of players. We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

This part interested me the most.

I spent a lot of time farming the s9 gear. I DO NOT want to start farming again for the 371 gear if we will be receiving a major compensation in the form of gear exchanging or something similar.

So can you please let us know A.S.A.P. If we will be wasting our time farming again for the 371 gear.

Serious post.
85 Orc Shaman
i dont understand why they cant just look at the logs and bump ump any gear purchased in this time frame to 371.

i also dont understand the amount of people slamming those of us that bought gear, on AV weekend no less, with no knowledge of 371 gear at all.
68 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, at least it is incompetence that caused all of this, which is slightly better than knowingly ripping costumers off.

I hope you people have a good long talk with whomever is responsible for all this mess though.

But just one more question, why reuse the same skin again? Are we low life rbg'ers not worthy of a visual upgrade? Does my money stink in comparison to say a raider or an arena player?
You didn't even pull it trough photoshop to change colors for crying out loud.
Edited by Tasman on 7/6/2011 6:36 PM PDT
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/06/2011 06:31 PMPosted by Tikaru
Giving us 4k honor is really all they could do.

If possible, I really think they should make Chest, Helm, and maybe even Legs available for a 365-->371 trade in. I think that'd be the best solution, the most expensive pieces take the longest to get, so taking that bit out of the grind would be nice.

Two of those pieces would cost 4400 HP, so that's similar to just giving us 4000 HP. The third piece thrown in to be nice.

The reason I don't agree with giving away HP is because I assume they'd just have to give it away to everyone, including people who never PvP, meaning they'd just get some free trade goods, or extra JP for PvE gear.
90 Night Elf Druid

What you're supposed to do if you're capped at 4k honor points is wait until the season ends, get your CP converted to HP that you're allowed to have over the cap, spend a bit more to get that last piece you were trying to get, then grind back up to 4k honor (which should only be like 600 or 700 at most, else you'd be wasting points). <snip> Hope that clears things up a bit.

Thanks for the response but doesn't clear things up. It explains how the system was supposed to work not why it was supposed to work that way. I don't understand why anyone would, one week before the new season started, bother to collect that last piece. If this strategy is targeted towards hardcore gear collectors it seems to me a whole lot of complexity for very little gain over the long haul. My two cents.

94 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the blue post, but it still doesn't explain whats sort of compensation is going to happen to all the people who are now angry and disappointed by your lack of notification on the stuff up in the first place.

You posted about the 4k cap stuff up, why not post about the gear changes at the same time? Sounds like a true scam to me.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
07/06/2011 06:37 PMPosted by Shädøw

If possible, I really think they should make Chest, Helm, and maybe even Legs available for a 365-->371 trade in. I think that'd be the best solution, the most expensive pieces take the longest to get, so taking that bit out of the grind would be nice.

Two of those pieces would cost 4400 HP, so that's similar to just giving us 4000 HP. The third piece thrown in to be nice.

The reason I don't agree with giving away HP is because I assume they'd just have to give it away to everyone, including people who never PvP, meaning they'd just get some free trade goods, or extra JP for PvE gear.

I fully agree. Chest, Helm, Legs.. The legs as a bonus since regemming and enchanting for a pvper is not cheap.
10 Human Paladin
offering the ability to refund that gear for honor points for a brief period of time (say, one week)

I'll take this option thanks.

It's fair and just and will allow players to avoid being over the honor cap in one fell swoop.

We still lose a shedload of gold on the enchants/gems etc, but it's better than being left out in the cold.

Make it so.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important bit, there is one piece of compensation that should cause no issue whatsoever:

Make the Vicious 371 look like Vicious, not Bloodthirsty. Please.
90 Human Paladin
07/06/2011 06:37 PMPosted by Shädøw

That would work too.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]