i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

85 Tauren Warrior
3265
Odds are they won't be watching this thread much any more. Compensation arguments are better placed into the Sticky post created by Bashiok:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794770941

EDIT: I guess I won't be getting my Mechano-hog

Edited by Tauranewone on 7/8/2011 6:50 PM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
1620
4k is simply not enough, just put out the exchange.
53 Human Rogue
600
I still don't get why we have to grind honor in between every season. I think it was Zarhym who specifically said we wouldn't have to do that anymore? Its pretty lame that the old season's Conquest gear doesn't just become the new season's Honor gear.

I don't see PvE players having to farm entirely new sets of gear in between tiers.
100 Dwarf Paladin
10080
All PvP items should be iLvL 1 and cost 40000 honor each and requires you to know your class. k thx bye.
15 Human Rogue
70
Working as intended.
85 Night Elf Druid
3035
Thanks for explanation Zarhym, but it sure takes the wind out of one's sales after focusing effort to upgrade two complete gear sets (for resto and feral) and spending gold on gems only to discover (didn't even notice until today) that I now need to rinse and repeat.

very sad kitty :(
85 Tauren Warrior
3265
Sticky post created by Bashiok:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794770941

Final comment from me in this thread:

Am I surprised by what was put into the sticky? Not really. I had a pretty good feeling there wouldn't be a gear related option but just didn't want to say it out loud.

First, I'm glad they actually responded and put up a sticky for people to discuss this further. Is the compensation fair or what people wanted... well that's something to argue in there because I honestly don't care anymore.

Personally, I geared up two characters in the week transition period. Total honor... approximately 30,000 which went towards most of the gear on this character and a 5pc main set on my Mage. It is still better gear than I had before and the difference between this set and the i371 isn't that huge a jump. I'm ok with that and will just move on.

If you see me in a BG, toss me a /wave. If you are Alliance, I may actually leave you alone but odds are... I'll wave back and then attack you anyway (don't take it personal)
85 Troll Mage
7175
Anything less than converting 365s into the 371s is patently insufficient.
85 Tauren Warrior
7980
07/08/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Leafgobbler
You'd have to be a pretty huge idiot to just sit down and re-farm your PvP gear a second time in a row, minus two items. And then gem / enchant it again


More of an idiot if you where to just wait and expect any compensation that exceeds 4k honor xD
85 Tauren Warrior
3265
07/08/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Leafgobbler
You'd have to be a pretty huge idiot to just sit down and re-farm your PvP gear a second time in a row, minus two items. And then gem / enchant it again


Some will do that because they feel they have to. I'm not going to sit and farm i371 because I don't see any point in doing so. Any gear changes from here on will be just because I have honor to spend from my usual gameplay.
85 Tauren Warrior
7980
Well...hopefully you guys get some fast honor from just doing your normal BGing for fun and not solely for honor grinding :(

I'm just saying players shouldn't get their hopes up over this. Despite it being a drastic situation in change, Blizz seemed not notice that, there have been other drastic changes like this, and these insanely large threads come up about them. Even then, with how the player base that was being effected felt about the situation, nothing was done about it. CtA was the first thing that came to mind personally, and this reminded me of it. (although it's not as bad because no one is losing out).

In this situation however, players lost time and in-game money. And in this situation, nothing is being done about it. 4k honor is not considered compensation whatsoever.
So do you appease the top 5% of the PAYING CUSTOMER BASE? Or do you appease the other 95%? Smart business would say that the OP's business model is flawed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]