i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

90 Human Mage
For some reason I got OCD about this change and felt like I had to grind all my 371 gear this week to make up for lost whatever. In any event, I can't see myself doing it again, ever.

85 Undead Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2795121175?page=1#0

^ thread discussing changes to season transitions.
90 Human Death Knight
To be fair, gear has never really been a "make it or break it" factor for higher end PvPers. While the gear is nice, individual skill and teamwork have always trumped gear level when it comes to PvP (usually). The difference in stats between ilevel365 and ilevel371 stats may be somewhat steep, but I doubt most players will bother farming it because it's unnecessary when it really comes down to it.

That being said, I have to agree that the introduction of a "Brand new Honor Tier" for each season is a blatant slap in the face for all PvPers. Making the previous season's Conquest gear subpar to the next season's honor gear seems a tad backward, considering Conquest gear is harder to obtain than honor gear.

It's essentially like telling a Raider that the next tier of content will have superior gear than the previous tier, but Heroic Dungeons have been implemented with a another tier of gear that isn't quite as good as the new Raid content's, but is still better than the raider's current gear.

It just seems unfair that PvPers work all season to achieve gear and ratings, presumably first from Honor then from Conquest, but have all that work diminished and have to go back to farming Honor again next season.

I understand Blizzard wants us to PvP, even going so far as to force serious Arena players into Rated BGs, even if they don't have the time or resources, but going back and telling us that "Yes, your S9 Rated gear is outdated to S10 Rated gear. But guess what? It's also outdated to S10 honor gear!" seems unwarranted.
100 Night Elf Druid
They will never upgrade the gear.

You would never have been able to obtain the full 371 set if they had announced it. If they had announced it, you would have avoided grinding for the 365 set, but you would still be limited by the honor cap, 4000 points. Therefore, upgrading all of your 365 gear to 371 gear wouldn't make sense.

The only argument you have at all is a reimbursement. They aren't going to give you 15k honor, that's absurd. They aren't going to give you monetary value because there's no way to calculate it for everyone. For all you know, they might just give out 4k honor to everybody who bought even just one piece of PVP gear. That's a lot easier to manage than calculating how many gems, mats, enchants, and reforges for each item for each individual. A sweeping 4k reward is much easier and actually reasonable.

Most of you won't be happy unless you get a full 371 set, bonus honor, bonus gold, and a formal written apology (just kidding about the last part). While I am sure Blizzard is sorry for the inconvenience, they have apologized and are doing what they think is fair to compensate. You are not entitled to a complete reimbursement. You're punching a gift horse in the mouth.

But of course, I'm not surprised, most people here believe there is no way that they are wrong in any way. No matter what I say or what anybody else says will matter unless they get what they want. Threatening to quit obviously isn't going to work, but you're free to quit if you want to make a mountain out of a molehill. You won't be missed. Most players will accept the free honor, continue grinding out the gear (if not already), stockpile their gold, and move on. I expect a majority of players have already moved on since this whole thing started, but a few stubborn people still feel the need to make immature rants on the WoW forums.

Maybe next week you'll finally face the realization that this is all you're going to get and no one really cares if you quit or not. It's your choice. Most people still enjoy the game and just get over it, but there are a few of you that can't grasp that idea and continue to whine.

That's all I have to say, so good luck with your future endeavors and think about it before you quit because you're raging.
100 Night Elf Druid
They can.

They can do anything they want. They won't, because it doesn't make sense.

No, it isn't absurd. People wasted time and money grinding for and enchanting/gemming/arcanums/threads on gear that was good for one week. An absolute outrage that must be remedied in full. Period.

WOOPTY DOO. ONE WEEK. GET OVER IT.

We don't care about "easy." We want what is right, and that is what we pay for.

No, you don't pay for that at all. You pay for monthly access to the servers.

Plainly, poster has no idea what a "gift horse" even means, since Blizzard has already admitted they made a major mistake. Ergo, not a gift horse. Dolt.

It is a GIFT that you get ANYTHING at all. They have NO obligation to give you anything at all. You're lucky that you're getting honor.

We're not wrong. Because even as you say, Blizzard has admitted they are. Now it needs to be rectified. In full. Period.

It's impossible to rectify it. In full. Period.

You may be right. Maybe nobody at all will care if I leave the game. Though with my tank and healer gone, I'm sure the players sitting in the continually increasing queues will care. And by the look of the vast amount of complaints, I know there's more than me out there. If this isn't fixed, it will have an impact.

Actually, it won't. It could make a difference of one second if you're not in the queue, as many of the people aren't going to quit anyways. You have no idea how many people are in the queue.

Maybe you still don't care. That's fine. But it's our time and money, and we'll do as we see fit -- including talking about it.

You're wasting your time.

I'm sure some will. But this has nothing at all to do with whether Blizzard does what is right and, guess what, 4k honor is grossly insufficient.

BP caused an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. How much did they compensate everybody?

I expect a majority of players have already moved on since this whole thing started, but a few stubborn people still feel the need to make immature rants on the WoW forums.

Thousands of forum posts is more than a few people.

"Thousands" of forum posts? Really? Hundreds, at most. Also, people post multiple times, which drastically reduces the number of people.

If you don't care about us or whether we quit, then good. Get out of the thread then -- since, as you say, you don't care.

Ok, I lied. I do care. I enjoy reading about your sorrow. I enjoy drinking your tears. I know that Blizzard is never going to be able to fully compensate everyone in every way imaginable because it is virtually impossible. The value of an hour varies greatly from person to person. To you, it may feel like it was a lifetime of grinding, to someone else, not so much. The same goes for the gold, enchants, etc. I just find it odd that you are so upset about your wasted time, but you waste MORE time on a worthless cause. You don't know when to cut your losses short.
Edited by Warpuras on 7/9/2011 12:53 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
They could just restore the 2 hour refund timer on the gear and let us refund it for honor and buy the new set. We'd still lose money on the enchants and gems, but at least then we wouldnt have to grind another 25-30k honor just to get the new set.

I wish they wouldve done this to the PvE people so I could feed off the tears of Warpuras. I'm sure theyre tastey.

I don't even PVE.

You don't deserve the new set. What don't you get?

If you were warned, like they had intended but made the mistake, you never would have grinded. Your honor would be maxxed out at 4000. On Tuesday, when they introduced the 371 gear, you wouldn't be able to buy the entire set. They are giving you the honor to make it seem like you were at the cap when Tuesday came around, which was intended.

Yes, you wasted your time. It must suck to feel that way, but you have to suck it up. You're wasting more time whining about it. They aren't going to compensate you any more than they have already stated.
100 Night Elf Druid
We'll see fanboy.

Fanboy? That's your only response?

I'm not a fanboy. I just hate whiners.

Wrong. We pay for more than mere access to servers. We also pay for a fair game. If our expecations aren't met, we're gone.

Wrong. Read the TOS. You agreed to it.

You still have no idea what "gift horse" means, and you got the phrase wrong. Fail.

You're given some sort of compensation and you cast it aside. You're like a little child who wants a Playstation 3, but your parents get you an XBOX 360 instead. You cry and cry about how you didn't get what you want, even though your parents were generous enough to get you an XBOX 360. You just aren't happy unless you get exactly what you want, and you'll ridicule anything else.

Fully possible to rectify it. And we are demanding it. Your opinion is irrelevant on the matter.

Prove it. And by demanding it, all you're doing is digging your feet in the ground and throwing a tantrum.

Pretty good idea, when you can queue as tank, dps and healer, and look at the wait times.

Average wait time is an average.

Blizzard wasted our time.

Wait, so Blizzard went to your house and forced you to farm honor to get the 365 gear?

You're playing a game which has the SOLE purpose of replacing your gear. You're just upset that it happened sooner than expected, but it happens all the time. You get one item that you worked so hard to get, and the next day you get an easy upgrade.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME IS WASTING YOUR TIME.

BP set up a $20 billion compensation fund. http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle800.do?categoryId=9036584&contentId=7067605

Anything else fanboy?

And Blizzard will give you 4000 honor.

Wrong. Totally wrong on the number. Do some research.

You made the claim. You back it up. Give me proof that there are thousands of people crying on the forums.

It is not impossible. Now you hedge and say it is "virtually" impossible. No idea what you are babbling about. In any event, Blizzard can fully and completely rectify the problem -- a problem of their own making. We demand nothing less. End.

Your demands will never be met. Your efforts are futile.

Keep trying though, it's funny.
Edited by Warpuras on 7/9/2011 1:17 AM PDT
31 Gnome Mage
They could just restore the 2 hour refund timer on the gear and let us refund it for honor and buy the new set. We'd still lose money on the enchants and gems, but at least then we wouldnt have to grind another 25-30k honor just to get the new set.

I wish they wouldve done this to the PvE people so I could feed off the tears of Warpuras. I'm sure theyre tastey.

I don't even PVE.

If you were warned, like they had intended but made the mistake, you never would have grinded. Your honor would be maxxed out at 4000. On Tuesday, when they introduced the 371 gear, you wouldn't be able to buy the entire set. They are giving you the honor to make it seem like you were at the cap when Tuesday came around, which was intended.

Yes, you wasted your time. It must suck to feel that way, but you have to suck it up. You're wasting more time whining about it. They aren't going to compensate you any more than they have already stated.
You do realize what your saying right.

You have just fully admitted that the only thing blizzards "plan" does is make it like none of this ever happened.

That is the only thing they are doing

"See this never even happened." *jedi mind trick hand wave*

This is not a gift at all its at best a reset.

Their plan sets us up in a pretend world were they told us and we just capped and waited. This does nothing about compensation.
Edited by Baillus on 7/9/2011 1:18 AM PDT
10 Dwarf Warrior
This thread is depressing, people take this game way too seriously.
100 Night Elf Druid

I don't even PVE.

You do realize what your saying right.

You have just fully admitted that the only thing blizzards "plan" does is make it like none of this ever happened.

That is the only thing they are doing

"See this never even happened." *jedi mind trick hand wave*

This is not a gift at all its at best a reset.

Their plan sets us up in a pretend world were they told us and we just capped and waited. This does nothing about compensation.

This is entirely about compensation. You are receiving 4000 honor.

Clearly they have addressed this multiple times since the beginning. They have apologized. They told you their resolution.

If what you are saying is true, then they would have never posted anything about it and they wouldn't be giving you any honor at all.
1 Human Priest
07/09/2011 01:20 AMPosted by Vanndar

Why?

With the current itemization in firelands, the seven boss tier that took too long to come out, and the pvp fiasco the forums are more interesting than the actual game.
31 Gnome Mage
07/09/2011 01:20 AMPosted by Vanndar
Lol weren't you the "work for your pixels like a good money bag" guy a few pages back?
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 01:22 AMPosted by Baillus
Lol weren't you the "work for your pixels like a good money bag" guy a few pages back?

Indeed. I still think you should.

As far as gemming/enchanting/etc. of the gear, no one should really be having any sort of issue with a gold shortage with the new dailies and numerous professions. This doesn't effect the real high-end PvP community, just the people who try and game the system.

PvP is 10% gear and 90% skill.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]