i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

31 Gnome Mage
This is entirely about compensation. You are receiving 4000 honor.

Clearly they have addressed this multiple times since the beginning. They have apologized. They told you their resolution.

If what you are saying is true, then they would have never posted anything about it and they wouldn't be giving you any honor at all.

1 minute ago
/faceplam

They are resetting the situation so that is resembles what would of happened if they had proceeded with the change in the correct fashion.

Thats what i said and its exactly what you said in the post i quoted. What you described just now is ignoring it completely.

Never said it was a bad solution either of course. Many are making it out to far to little than it is and some are making it out to be far greater than it is.

They neither punched us in the private parts or handed us the sky.

They gave us a average solution and a apology which i can accept for this being first time something of this nature has occurred.
100 Night Elf Druid
I need to make a correction: I said "Don't punch a gift horse in the mouth" but the correct phrase is "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I like the way "punch" sound since it sounds more appropriate for a thread like this, since it's exactly what you're doing, but the meaning of the proverb is "when given a present, be grateful for your good fortune and don't look for more by examining it to assess its value."

I expect your responses to be along the lines of "This isn't a present, we DESERVE it. We DEMAND it." However, my response is that when you agreed to the TOS, you gave away any right to be entitled to anything. You may feel like your time is all important and worth a lot of money so whenever it is wasted you feel personally offended, but the reality is that you're wasting time anytime you log in. That's the point of the game.. you waste time for entertainment. I suppose you can say anything is wasting time, but I digress.

My original point is that Blizzard is offering compensation and you're ridiculing it. If they give you 4000 honor, a free 371 piece, one gem, and one maelstrom crystal, you would probably still feel "offended" and demand even more.

If you browse through the forums, it becomes pretty apparent very quickly that there is no way to please everybody. Life isn't fair, either. The most sensible thing to do is get over it. After all, the more time you spend posting on the forums, the more time you're wasting. If Blizzard never gives you any more compensation, then you will start whining that you spent all that time whining in the first place, when you could have just accepted it and moved on days ago. As every day passes, more and more people are accepting it and moving on, as I predicted when this all started, but the stubborn lot of you just don't get it and will never stop. You want to go down with the sinking ship, how noble of you. Everybody else is swimming to shore though.

They are resetting the situation so that is resembles what would of happened if they had proceeded with the change in the correct fashion.

Thats what i said and its exactly what you said in the post i quoted. What you described just now is ignoring it completely.

Never said it was a bad solution either of course. Many are making it out to far to little than it is and some are making it out to be far greater than it is.

They neither punched us in the private parts or handed us the sky.

They gave us a average solution and a apology which i can accept for this being first time something of this nature has occurred.

They gave you the appropriate solution. You will receive what you would have received if they had let you know. They are not responsible for how much time you spent farming the honor. After all, everyone spent different amounts of time. It may have taken longer for those who did it by themselves, and others may have done it in arranged groups to get it done quicker, but there's no way to gauge that. The best solution is to offer you compensation relevant to how it would have been had they not make the mistake. You can see it as resetting, but it's fair.

At least it's better than not giving you anything at all, which they are completely within their rights to do so if they wanted to.
Edited by Warpuras on 7/9/2011 1:36 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2795121175
In many battles, especially agains rogues in that new 371 gear, I end up losing at 3000/138000 to them. Gear like this is a make it or break it, sorry.
100 Night Elf Druid
07/09/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Valreon
In many battles, especially agains rogues in that new 371 gear, I end up losing at 3000/138000 to them. Gear like this is a make it or break it, sorry.

They farmed the gear, then so should you, sorry.
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 01:37 AMPosted by Warpuras

Quoted for truth.
54 Draenei Warrior

Warpuras - your trolling -- To be polite, stop antagonizing people who farmed for a whole set of gear/enchants/gems and are now being told it was all for nothing in the same week.

kk thx
31 Gnome Mage
07/09/2011 01:45 AMPosted by Missbetty

Warpuras - your trolling -- To be polite, stop antagonizing people who farmed for a whole set of gear/enchants/gems and are now being told it was all for nothing in the same week.

kk thx
10 bucks says you get an angry full of spite comment for this post.
10 Dwarf Warrior

kk thx

He's not trolling.

People farmed for a whole week for the four thousand honor cap, that's what they're receiving back. I personally feel they shouldn't even be handed that.
100 Night Elf Druid
Let's talk about fairness.

You want complete compensation.

How is it fair for you to get automatic upgrades to 371, but those who have already grinded again to get the 371 get nothing? What compensation do they get? That's not fair.

The same can be said for the gems, enchants, etc.

How about those who had 365 previously? Will their gear be upgraded? Or are you only going to compensate those who grinded all of it within a week? I feel bad for those who spent so much time getting it previously because it took them weeks to do so. Sure, they were aware of what was going on, but they still spent much, much more time collecting the same exact gear. Perhaps they have already gotten their 371 gear as well, so this compensation would be pointless.

I know what you're going to say though. "Well, we should still get compensation. They may have grinded all their gear, but those of us who haven't still get virtually nothing, that's not fair!"

You guys are putting all of your eggs in one basket. You're waging everything on this. You're really putting your feet deep in the ground and you refuse to move, even though Blizzard said you will get 4000 honor and that would be it. You want more. Nay, you DEMAND more. You really believe you are entitled to everything in this game because you spent 15 dollars this month.

However, you are simply selfish and only think about yourself. You don't care about those who already grinded out the 371 gear. You don't care if it isn't fair for them. After all, if they allow you to do it, then all those who grinded to 371 wasted their time too. We'll have even more QQ on the forums. But hey, as long as it's fair FOR YOU, right? Go ahead and continue using that "This is the right thing for all of us affected. Unite!" when in reality you are only using everyone else to get what you want for yourself.

Luckily, there are mature players who accepted the reality and moved on. Rather than fall further behind and complain on the forums, they got in the game and grinded out the gear again. Yeah, it sucks, but at least they didn't waste more time on the forums. The 4000 honor they get could help them get the last piece or they can get a maelstrom crystal. At least it's something.

It really wouldn't be fair to them if you all get 371 gear after complaining for days and days when they actually worked hard to get their gear.

I'm not farming it because they farmed it. Blizzard is too lazy to even reskin or recolor the set at least so I don't look like something I spent all last season trying to get out of.

Green + Angry Squid Guild Tabard > Reused Bloodthirsty set.

I'd farm it if they made it look good.
The obvious fix to this situation is to make the armor have a look different from a lazily re-used set from last season.
100 Night Elf Druid
07/09/2011 01:45 AMPosted by Missbetty

kk thx

Maybe I'm sticking up for all those who spent the past few days farming up 371 because they were adult enough to accept reality and move on?

If you give full compensation to those lazy people who are still complaining on the forums, you're effectively spitting in all those people's faces too, you know.
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 01:49 AMPosted by Valreon
I'm not farming it because they farmed it. Blizzard is too lazy to even reskin or recolor the set at least so I don't look like something I spent all last season trying to get out of.

Is this guy for real?
100 Night Elf Druid
07/09/2011 01:49 AMPosted by Valreon

I'm confused. Your original post was about how the rogue beat you because he had slightly better gear, but your response is based purely on aesthetics, which contradicts your original post.
07/09/2011 01:52 AMPosted by Vanndar

Is this guy for real?

Hell yeah I'm for real. I'm not going to waste my time with that set because it looks no different from my old one. I'm patiently sitting here to arena with my friends and get my Conquest set.
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 01:53 AMPosted by Warpuras
I'm confused. Your original post was about how the rogue beat you because he had slightly better gear, but your response is based purely on aesthetics, which contradicts your original post.

It's also worth mentioning that if you can't break one thousand rating in 365 gear, 371 isn't really going to help you either.
Edited by Vanndar on 7/9/2011 1:55 AM PDT

What I'm saying is yes I'm angry, but I'm not going to grind for something that I was just wearing the other day just for some stats. So until they change the looks to something new, I'm going to be dying whenever that situation comes up.
100 Night Elf Druid

What I'm saying is yes I'm angry, but I'm not going to grind for something that I was just wearing the other day just for some stats. So until they change the looks to something new, I'm going to be dying whenever that situation comes up.

So you are AGAINST the people who are complaining that the difference loot is game breaking, since it doesn't matter?
Edited by Warpuras on 7/9/2011 1:57 AM PDT
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Valreon

You would be dying regardless, just saying.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]