i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

10 Dwarf Warrior
Okay, so you're two separate self-righteous unguilded Dragonslayers who presume to speak for the PvP community. Got it. So this thread shouldn't even be relevant to you. So maybe you should just stop posting.

I've never said that I speak for the PvP community, I am giving my opinion. It's relevant to me because you're cluttering up the forums with whining/begging for hand-outs/threatening posts and honestly, at times I just wish they would do away with the forums so people will stop feeling so entitled.
90 Human Mage
@ Warpuras

You're the only one arguing. You injected yourself into the debate because you probably are a contrary type of person. I don't care about compensation, never did, never expected any. What I care about is having fun in the game, and this is just one more change that makes it more grindy and less fun. For me.
Edited by Crym on 7/9/2011 2:17 AM PDT
90 Human Mage

I've never said that I speak for the PvP community, I am giving my opinion. It's relevant to me because you're cluttering up the forums with whining/begging for hand-outs/threatening posts and honestly, at times I just wish they would do away with the forums so people will stop feeling so entitled.

Oh come on, you love the forums. That's why you're posting on them at 5:17 AM eastern time. If it really bothered you, you would just avoid it instead of sticking your nose where it doesn't provide any value.
100 Night Elf Druid
07/09/2011 02:16 AMPosted by Vanndar
Okay, so you're two separate self-righteous unguilded Dragonslayers who presume to speak for the PvP community. Got it. So this thread shouldn't even be relevant to you. So maybe you should just stop posting.

That's the problem though. Everyone has a sense of entitlement.

They think that because they spend the 15 dollars a month that they are right. They think that they have the right to tell Blizzard what to do and how to do things. They think they are entitled to experience everything available in the game, no questions asked. It's the terrible idea that "the customer is always right."

The entitlement will never, ever be cleansed from the forums. And anytime you try to argue against it, you're called a fanboy. Ironically, they still play the game just as much.

@ Warpuras

You're the only one arguing. You injected yourself into the debate because you probably are a contrary type of person. I don't care about compensation, never did, never expected any. What I care about is having fun in the game, and this is just one more change that makes it more grindy and less fun. For me.

Are you upset about the compensation or the actual change in the PVP system?

I don't care about the change in how the loot is handled.

I only care about how people are acting in regards to the compensation for time spent farming 365. It really bothers me to read all the posts of people demanding and demanding when they can just suck it up and get over it.

I just hate whining. I hate demanding. I hate people who don't think about their ideas for more than 5 minutes.
Edited by Warpuras on 7/9/2011 2:20 AM PDT
10 Dwarf Warrior

My dear friend, if you can't tolerate a grind, you're playing the wrong game. As far as it not being fun, since when do you have to be in the best possible gear to have fun playing a game?
10 Dwarf Warrior
Oh come on, you love the forums. That's why you're posting on them at 5:17 AM eastern time. If it really bothered you, you would just avoid it instead of sticking your nose where it doesn't provide any value.

You're right, I do adore that the forum is given to us free-of-charge. I don't however like the fact that people seem to think it's a soap box to complain about the game or cry out that they're entitled to something they didn't earn.

My opinion is as valuable as yours, but with your sense of entitlement, I can see how you would disagree.
90 Human Mage

Are you upset about the compensation or the actual change in the PVP system?

I don't care about the change in how the loot is handled.

I only care about how people are acting in regards to the compensation for time spent farming 365. It really bothers me to read all the posts of people demanding and demanding when they can just suck it up and get over it.

Yeah I'm not happy about the changes to the system. The whining about compensation is kind of silly but I can sympathize with people who feel like they got rolled over on the change. I farmed all of my 371 gear already but I just can't see myself doing it for every toon, every season, only in order to be on even footing with other PvP'ers in Arena etc.
31 Gnome Mage
He is one of those people grinding the gear. All he said is that no one should just lie down and take it. Let Blizzard know they have made a mistake.

I find it funny that you cherry pick the people who asked they be given way to much in this thread and then copy/paste that line of thinking on EVERY SINGLE PERSON who responses to you. You attack every single one of them.

I also find it "funny" that you think the reason more people arent responding to you is because they will come off bad due to your infallible opinions ... I mean facts. No its because they get more results at yelling at a mountain to move.

Why cause your this is you line of thinking: "I'm right because I'm me."

We should be grateful you blessed us with your enlightenment. Next time Blizzard makes a error that effects us negatively we will lie down and take it. Less we be called whiners by our new wolf goddess.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go vomit.
Edited by Baillus on 7/9/2011 2:27 AM PDT
90 Human Mage

My dear friend, if you can't tolerate a grind, you're playing the wrong game. As far as it not being fun, since when do you have to be in the best possible gear to have fun playing a game?

PvP often comes down to differences of less than 10k hp. Therefore, gear is important for balance. PvP is also competitive, so with a lot of competitive players, 'fun' equates with 'winning' to some extent.

You are probably right though as for me playing the wrong game. I love the fantasy setting of WoW and a lot of aspects but it just seems to be getting grindier for no valid reason that I see. I will probably just play this toon which is my main, but yeah, I don't know, it's starting to feel more like work and less like fun.
90 Human Mage
Ok I'm going to bed, good luck with the thread y'all.
10 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2011 02:24 AMPosted by Baillus
Why cause your this is you line of thinking: "I'm right because I'm me."

So you're saying that you're right because you're you instead?

They're called opinions.
Edited by Vanndar on 7/9/2011 2:30 AM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
They will never upgrade the gear.

You would never have been able to obtain the full 371 set if they had announced it. If they had announced it, you would have avoided grinding for the 365 set, but you would still be limited by the honor cap, 4000 points. Therefore, upgrading all of your 365 gear to 371 gear wouldn't make sense.

The only argument you have at all is a reimbursement. They aren't going to give you 15k honor, that's absurd. They aren't going to give you monetary value because there's no way to calculate it for everyone. For all you know, they might just give out 4k honor to everybody who bought even just one piece of PVP gear. That's a lot easier to manage than calculating how many gems, mats, enchants, and reforges for each item for each individual. A sweeping 4k reward is much easier and actually reasonable.

Most of you won't be happy unless you get a full 371 set, bonus honor, bonus gold, and a formal written apology (just kidding about the last part). While I am sure Blizzard is sorry for the inconvenience, they have apologized and are doing what they think is fair to compensate. You are not entitled to a complete reimbursement. You're punching a gift horse in the mouth.

But of course, I'm not surprised, most people here believe there is no way that they are wrong in any way. No matter what I say or what anybody else says will matter unless they get what they want. Threatening to quit obviously isn't going to work, but you're free to quit if you want to make a mountain out of a molehill. You won't be missed. Most players will accept the free honor, continue grinding out the gear (if not already), stockpile their gold, and move on. I expect a majority of players have already moved on since this whole thing started, but a few stubborn people still feel the need to make immature rants on the WoW forums.

Maybe next week you'll finally face the realization that this is all you're going to get and no one really cares if you quit or not. It's your choice. Most people still enjoy the game and just get over it, but there are a few of you that can't grasp that idea and continue to whine.

That's all I have to say, so good luck with your future endeavors and think about it before you quit because you're raging.

We're not all demanding a full set of 371 gear. We're demanding a satisfactory resolution. Your logic is flawed, and perhaps you'd be better off spending your time actually playing the game instead of criticizing (without qualification) the people who are actually standing up for their principles since this appears to be a non-issue to you.

We're not whining about gameplay or class balance or anything that would directly affect the rest of the playerbase. We're trying to recoup the time and effort spent this past week on gear we would've otherwise used to enjoy PvP, whether it be in arenas, in the world or even random battlegrounds had the 371 gear not been introduced.

And I've already responded to you regarding a systematic approach to identifying affected players and how to best compensate them in another thread, but it's a known fact that Blizzard's looking into other solutions for the problem and that the 4000 honor on offer is just the quickest one they can implement thus far. Perhaps not quick enough for some players, but hopefully they'll be able to do enough to mollify most of us.

So please, don't accuse us of assaulting gift horses or claim that we're not entitled to complete reimbursement, because doing so would just be absurd when the fault doesn't lie with the players themselves.
10 Dwarf Warrior
We're not all demanding a full set of 371 gear. We're demanding a satisfactory resolution. Your logic is flawed, and perhaps you'd be better off spending your time actually playing the game instead of criticizing (without qualification) the people who are actually standing up for their principles since this appears to be a non-issue to you.

We're not whining about gameplay or class balance or anything that would directly affect the rest of the playerbase. We're trying to recoup the time and effort spent this past week on gear we would've otherwise used to enjoy PvP, whether it be in arenas, in the world or even random battlegrounds had the 371 gear not been introduced.

And I've already responded to you regarding a systematic approach to identifying affected players and how to best compensate them in another thread, but it's a known fact that Blizzard's looking into other solutions for the problem and that the 4000 honor on offer is just the quickest one they can implement thus far. Perhaps not quick enough for some players, but hopefully they'll be able to do enough to mollify most of us.

So please, don't accuse us of assaulting gift horses or claim that we're not entitled to complete reimbursement, because doing so would just be absurd when the fault doesn't lie with the players themselves.

The sense of entitlement is mind-numbing.
90 Troll Hunter
I can't believe this.

I honestly, honestly, can't believe this.

I'm not sure how big of an issue this was, nor did I realize it affected people so much. Yes, your frustrations, angers and annoyance towards Blizzard are all justified.

They made a MISTAKE.

Zarhym spent the time to make a really long post explaining everything that happened, why it happened, and the fact that they plan to fix this. He even said it was a mistake made by them and that it was their fault with communications.

Even after all of this, some of the arrogance you people are showing towards him makes me want to leave this planet forever.

Mistakes happen, Zarhym gladly came in and told everyone the issue and that they were planning on fixing it, and some of you still SCREAM rudeness and arrogance in your posts.

Some of you need mental help.
90 Human Paladin
You guys are acting like you put forth real effort in grinding all those honor points.

It was AV weekend, you're not fooling anyone.
10 Dwarf Warrior
You guys are acting like you put forth real effort in grinding all those honor points.

Hey man, you're in 365's... why aren't you jumping on the "Give me free 371's" bandwagon?
90 Human Paladin

Hey man, you're in 365's... why aren't you jumping on the "Give me free 371's" bandwagon?

You'll also notice I'm in the new 371s as well.

Maybe I'm just bitter, but I didn't think Blizzard was going to do anything about it, so I just got over it and went back to the grind.

To be honest, I'm completely shocked Blizzard is doing more than just saying "sorry".
85 Goblin Death Knight
07/09/2011 02:36 AMPosted by Vanndar
The sense of entitlement is mind-numbing.

I believe you're confusing "entitlement" with "holding Blizzard accountable." They've already admitted fault, but simply admitting fault isn't enough. While it's fair to say the more rational among us realize they're working on more than a simple 4000 honor reimbursement, it's understandable and actually reasonable that many more want swift satisfaction, though whether that's technically possible at this point remains to be seen.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe you personally won't miss the people who are threatening to or already have quit over this, but I doubt Blizzard finds this to be an acceptable loss. There's no reputable business that could commit such an oversight and expect to get away with it. I'm fairly sure that not only would Blizzard not want us to merely look the other way, but that we expect it to do the right thing in return.

Perhaps the reality is that it's a bit too much to ask people to step back and rationally weigh the decision to continue playing or quit. But as the trolls love to say, it's just a game, and mistakes like these cause people to find other ways to occupy their time.
85 Human Paladin
Adding my complaint to the list. I spend the weekend grinding the entire set of pvp 365 gear for my rogue and half of it for my priest. Both at the start of the weekend basically leveled to 85 mostly through just cooking and fishing dailies. Their gear was very very bad. I dont mind the grind, I wouldnt have minded if it wasnt AV weekend. However, it was AV weekend and because the honor was coming in much faster than normal, I spent more time on this weekend instead of twice as long or even more without the bonuses. In the same way I didnt spend my justice points before the patch, I would never have done what I did over the AV weekend had I known this set was only going to be obsolete in a week from release. I also spent a lot of gold/materials on the enchants and gemming. And I too would like to get my gear upgraded.

To the others who think we are begging, crying or whatever you want to call it. I really dont think most of you still understand what the problem is. If you were told higher level gear would be available in a week, would you grind 20k honor the week before and buy the current set? IMO that makes no sense. I would wait. We werent given information on the change in the downgrading arena gear. It used to be that the previous arena/conquest point gear would become honor point gear. It sure looked like it happened again, but then it only lasted a week. Feel free to flame me, I wont respond.
90 Troll Hunter
Adding my complaint to the list. I spend the weekend grinding the entire set of pvp 365 gear for my rogue and half of it for my priest. Both at the start of the weekend basically leveled to 85 mostly through just cooking and fishing dailies. Their gear was very very bad. I dont mind the grind, I wouldnt have minded if it wasnt AV weekend. However, it was AV weekend and because the honor was coming in much faster than normal, I spent more time on this weekend instead of twice as long or even more without the bonuses. In the same way I didnt spend my justice points before the patch, I would never have done what I did over the AV weekend had I known this set was only going to be obsolete in a week from release. I also spent a lot of gold/materials on the enchants and gemming. And I too would like to get my gear upgraded.

To the others who think we are begging, crying or whatever you want to call it. I really dont think most of you still understand what the problem is. If you were told higher level gear would be available in a week, would you grind 20k honor the week before and buy the current set? IMO that makes no sense. I would wait. We werent given information on the change in the downgrading arena gear. It used to be that the previous arena/conquest point gear would become honor point gear. It sure looked like it happened again, but then it only lasted a week. Feel free to flame me, I wont respond.

Not going to flame you.

I'd like to say that what you're saying is right. People did spend their time, their effort to get something which would become obselete a week later.

Yes, Blizzard made a mistake with communication. However the blues DID respond, admitting that they made the mistake *which is the part highlighted in bold*.

However people are STILL being incredibly rude and arrogant saying *WELL WE WANT OUR STUFF NOW*.

No one is saying you guys don't deserve anything, It's just that people are still being demanding and rude even after the blues said that the issue was being looked into and hopefully fix the problems.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]