i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

10 Dwarf Warrior
I believe you're confusing "entitlement" with "holding Blizzard accountable." They've already admitted fault, but simply admitting fault isn't enough. While it's fair to say the more rational among us realize they're working on more than a simple 4000 honor reimbursement, it's understandable and actually reasonable that many more want swift satisfaction, though whether that's technically possible at this point remains to be seen.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe you personally won't miss the people who are threatening to or already have quit over this, but I doubt Blizzard finds this to be an acceptable loss. There's no reputable business that could commit such an oversight and expect to get away with it. I'm fairly sure that not only would Blizzard not want us to merely look the other way, but that we expect it to do the right thing in return.

Perhaps the reality is that it's a bit too much to ask people to step back and rationally weigh the decision to continue playing or quit. But as the trolls love to say, it's just a game, and mistakes like these cause people to find other ways to occupy their time.

No one is going to quit this game over something so trivial and if they have, they were already considering it beforehand. Good riddance I say, the less whining on the forums the better.

I should thank you though:
I believe you're confusing "entitlement" with "holding Blizzard accountable."

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I'm not trolling, I promise you. Blizzard Entertainment is a video game company, they're only accountable for making sure you can log-in to servers and play the game. Nothing else. The character you're playing on, isn't even your property, it belongs to Blizzard. Get off your high horse and realize this is a video game.

Why not complain about something that matters like world hunger or equality in the real world. It's much more fulfilling, I promise.
85 Goblin Death Knight
However people are STILL being incredibly rude and arrogant saying *WELL WE WANT OUR STUFF NOW*.

No one is saying you guys don't deserve anything, It's just that people are still being demanding and rude even after the blues said that the issue was being looked into and hopefully fix the problems.

The point of contention is that the 4000 Honor won't be distributed until the 19th, and other possible solutions may take months to implement. That's small comfort to those of us trying to decide whether or not to just go for the 371s, but to me, the mere thought of stepping foot into a battleground right now isn't very appealing. No amount of rationalizing or debating can change how any given person feels about a game. We either want to play or we don't.

It's up to Blizzard to find out whether or not they can manage to persuade people to play again. If they can, more power to them. If not, countless flame wars sure won't do it.
85 Goblin Death Knight
No one is going to quit this game over something so trivial and if they have, they were already considering it beforehand. Good riddance I say, the less whining on the forums the better.

I should thank you though:
I believe you're confusing "entitlement" with "holding Blizzard accountable."

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I'm not trolling, I promise you. Blizzard Entertainment is a video game company, they're only accountable for making sure you can log-in to servers and play the game. Nothing else. The character you're playing on, isn't even your property, it belongs to Blizzard. Get off your high horse and realize this is a video game.

Why not complain about something that matters like world hunger or equality in the real world. It's much more fulfilling, I promise.

Blizzard doesn't need to give anyone already considering leaving the game a concrete reason to do so.

If you truly believe they're only accountable for ensuring server up-time, and perhaps that's valid from a legal point-of-view, then you really don't know how Blizzard got to where it is today. I certainly don't hope Blizzard's only holding themselves to your standards for a video game company.
Can we please get this thread locked. It's been discussed and debated.
07/09/2011 03:53 AMPosted by Toshley
Can we please get this thread locked. It's been discussed and debated.
Hello Vanndar why the switch?
07/09/2011 03:57 AMPosted by Tomar

Excuse me?

Excuse me?
When i switch ignore on and off both you and Vanndar's posts hide and unhide themselves.

That means you're the same person

:P
Edited by Tomar on 7/9/2011 4:03 AM PDT
That's interesting that you can abuse that mechanic in such a way, back to your question though, I changed because Toshley is better looking.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Funny if true.

Though you're right, ignoring him results in Vanndar's posts also being ignored. Good catch.
Funny if true.

Though you're right, ignoring him results in Vanndar's posts also being ignored. Good catch.
I is are smarts :P
07/09/2011 04:05 AMPosted by Meredith

It's not really a good catch, I wasn't claiming to not be Vanndar in the first place. I am merely tired of this thread and think it should be locked because nothing of value is being gained from it at this point.

Edit: By the way, your first catch should have been that both character names are from the game. Toshley in Blade's Edge and Vanndar in Alterac Valley, I think if I was trying to cover my identity, I would have chosen different characters. ^_~
Edited by Toshley on 7/9/2011 4:14 AM PDT
Blizzard doesn't need to give anyone already considering leaving the game a concrete reason to do so.

If you truly believe they're only accountable for ensuring server up-time, and perhaps that's valid from a legal point-of-view, then you really don't know how Blizzard got to where it is today. I certainly don't hope Blizzard's only holding themselves to your standards for a video game company.

I don't think it is a concrete reason to leave either, as I said before, it's trivial at best.

Yes, I did mean from a legal stand-point, that's all they have to provide. Everything beyond that is stuff we should be grateful for and not demand from Blizzard that we've been wronged in some way when they release new gear.

Blizzard Entertainment got to where it is today by being a company that delivers quality gaming and leading customer service. That title of best customer service doesn't mean they should just grant everyone anything they want though.

The four thousand honor is more than enough compensation for those whom felt jaded, even though in my opinion weren't wronged to begin with.
4 Blood Elf Hunter
Edit: By the way, your first catch should have been that both character names are from the game. Toshley in Blade's Edge and Vanndar in Alterac Valley, I think if I was trying to cover my identity, I would have chosen different characters. ^_~

I am certain naming a character after a npc is a violation.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Happy someone explained that for all the people that did not understand the rage.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In my case, I only really play on weekends to get my arena done. I don't have days to sit there and grind honor for whole sets of gear. I had a fair few items from the S9 set and over the few weeks before S9 finished, I had 4K honor stashed so that I could by the last of the armor set in the following week and enough left over to allow me to grind a few hundred more for another item. Now if I had've known a new set was coming out, I wouldn't have spent it and filled the gaps in my gear with the new T10 honor set. I still think it is not good business practice to neglect to tell your customers of a change to the way things have been done for years.

Looking at it from a different angle, if the OPs figures are correct, then just 3 (maybe 4) of the S10 conquest items will cover the gap in stats between the total S9 and S10 honor items. This may take a few weeks to get to this point, but it will probably take a few weeks to get the new S10 weapons anyway - so by then you should have easily covered the discrepancy.

I was annoyed with the situation, but at least for my situation, the 4K is adequate compensation.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Its kinda true. The only thing Blizz is gonna do is give us the 4k honor. good for 2-3 new pieces. For all the people complaigning i think it is time to throw in the towel. its been 4 days now. iv complaigned my fair share in truth but it just wont work. besides im sick and tired of pvers trying to make us seem like idiots. But of course nobody understands each other prospectives when theyre two different things. i dont blame them. All we can do is thank the guy for giving us the honor and thats it.
85 Goblin Death Knight
I don't think it is a concrete reason to leave either, as I said before, it's trivial at best.

Yes, I did mean from a legal stand-point, that's all they have to provide. Everything beyond that is stuff we should be grateful for and not demand from Blizzard that we've been wronged in some way when they release new gear.

Blizzard Entertainment got to where it is today by being a company that delivers quality gaming and leading customer service. That title of best customer service doesn't mean they should just grant everyone anything they want though.

The four thousand honor is more than enough compensation for those whom felt jaded, even though in my opinion weren't wronged to begin with.

A concrete reason may or may not be trivial. This may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back for some players.

You're saying we should just be grateful for anything provided to us beyond mere server up-time in a game with a monthly fee; that argument might hold more water in a free-to-play MMO.

Ultimately, while it's your opinion that nobody was wronged, Blizzard feels otherwise. Providing quality customer service isn't necessarily the same as providing quality gameplay. Providing the former includes righting wrongs in a timely manner. Providing the latter means doing what's best for the population at large and not bowing to any one group, class, or individual's demands.

There might be a fine line, but it's there. In this case, it wasn't one class complaining about nerfs or players complaining about dungeon difficulty. It was a distinct lack of communication that led a group of people playing different classes on different schedules for different reasons to believe they were investing time well-spent towards achieving a goal. That achievement was diminished, and thus time wasted, by the unannounced change.

We're talking about people who would've spent that time earning Justice points instead. Maybe going out with friends more. Or maybe some poor souls braved the wrath of their significant others just to farm honor. All in all, that time we would've used to do those things was traded for soon-to-be-outdated gear instead. Anybody who wouldn't feel slighted by that quite simply doesn't value time and the million uses it has.

Or was that lumber?

Anyways, I'm beating a dead horse here. Yes, we still have the gear. Yes, it's "only" a 6 item level difference. Yes, we could just as well move on and earn that 371 gear. But we don't play games just to go through the motions, right? If I'm going to toe the line for gear, then please at least allow me to enjoy that gear for more than a few days before every botter and afk'er out there starts making me feel somewhat antiquated.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
07/09/2011 04:07 AMPosted by Toshley
I am merely tired of this thread and think it should be locked because nothing of value is being gained from it at this point.

Then why not STOP READING THE THREAD? People that live and die by the politics of threads are completely insane. Not that you are one of these people, but if you cannot draw yourself away and stop reading this thread it does indicate possibilities.
07/09/2011 05:09 AMPosted by Lolino

I am certain naming a character after a npc is a violation.

You're more than welcome to report both of them if you wish, however they're not main lore characters so they don't apply to the naming policy but I wouldn't mind the free name change since I have so sincerely hurt you by naming my characters cool names.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]