i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

100 Worgen Death Knight
Do a hotfix reset and give everyone in the game 4k honor. Ridiculously massive error means a ridiculously massive compensation for an oversight that I'm simply shocked you folks allowed to happen.

It won't fix an entire week of AV farming people did for full S9 gear but it will at least help.

I personally spent over 12k honor last week, and it would have been over 16k had my warrior dinged 85 in time to spend it.

Saying you're sorry doesn't cut it. Compensation is required. People spend thousands upon thousands of man-hours farming up gear last week.

Either give everyone max honor cap or institute some sort of insane honor gain increase in BG's for a week. Regardless. This needs to be made up.
19 Draenei Shaman
My biggest issue is that for my alts there is no aesthetic upgrade. None. How is it fun to go from looking like one thing in season 9...to looking exactly the same in season 10? My alts in PVP aren't going to upgrade in anything but stats - which is good, yes, but there is no physical sense of accomplishment because there is no visual update. It's beyond frustrating.
70 Human Rogue
its actually pretty simple..

if u grinded last week it was cuz u were under the impression u were gettin ready for s10 not wasting ur time...

if they upgrade the gear people wont feel like their time was wasted

and if ur already gettin ur s10 honor gear then so wat... ur not the one on this forum who is pissed about last week

But they will be. I don't think Blizzard wants to fix this by screwing over a different group of players.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Temporary solution: Allow all vicious gear that was purchased with HP prior to season 10 (After the 4.2 Patch of June 5) to be refundable for one week. This should give all players an equal chance to upgrade their gear to the appropriate S10 equivalent.

This change is only temporary, and should affect no further patches.
Refundable discounts may vary from 75% to 100% full refund.

Anyone else agree? I see this as a neutral fix to the problem, while giving Blizzard another chance to rethink their communication strategies for future seasons and other applicable patches.
Edited by Kurapika on 7/6/2011 6:45 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
That is about all of the information I have to share on this subject at the moment, but I want to remind you that the issues with this season transition are well on our radar. We know we messed up in multiple ways. This not only made our intentions very unclear, but led players to make choices to spend their Honor Points they otherwise probably would not have made.

If everything went according to plan, you probably would've spent any HP over the 4,000 cap last week on any remaining Season 9 items you maybe didn't have. You then would have saved 4,000 HP to get started on the low tier Season 10 items. This is the way we're looking at it and will let you know if and when we have more information to share.

You still have not explained WHY the new Season 10 371 tier was needed/released at all. We all have our theories, but it would be a productive thing for the community if you came out and explained why we needed this tier of gear. Was it because you want arena players to still want to participate in random Battlegrounds and Tol barad? If it is, please just say so. There had to be some reasoning behind this move, and we all would like an explanation.

There is more information that you need to share in order to calm the community at this point and your lack of willingness to do so is bot surprising and disappointing. Furthermore, it is not the combination of the screw up with the 4000HP cap being enforced a week too early, it was the complete and total blindside of the gear people spent time farming during that week being made obsolete without notice. Sure it cap enforcement was a mistake, we all understood that. The lack of informing that 365 gear would be replaced with 371 was beyond a mistake and just comes off as "shady", "sneaky" and "underhanded" from most people's point of view. I am sure there are good reasons for the change in gear, but it should have been publicized on the day 4.2 hit, not "found out" a week later. It was not even publicized until players had already posted complaining about the situation.

Lastly, you are not willing to give us anymore information about why it was done, but how about some information as to what you are going to do to rectify the situation. You freely admit not 1 but 2 HUGE mistakes that were made on the part of Blizzard devs and CM departments. Now what are you going to do about it? I surely hope your answer is not to just say "oh well we can't fix it" and let the season go on. We demand recompensation for our time, energy and effort that was given for zero cause.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/06/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Revanchism
Do a hotfix reset and give everyone in the game 4k honor.

I don't agree with this. People who PvP got screwed. I know plenty of people do PvP and PvE, but if 4k HP is given to everyone, a ton of people who were unaffected by the errors will get some free stuff to sell, or JP through conversion for extra PvE gear.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Temporary solution: Allow all vicious gear that was purchased with HP prior to season 10 (After the 4.2 Patch of June 5) to be refundable for one week. This should give all players an equal chance to upgrade their gear to the appropriate S10 equivalent.

Anyone else agree? I see this as a neutral fix to the problem, while giving Blizzard another chance to rethink their communication strategies for future seasons and other applicable patches.

Best solution I have heard all night. ^^^
85 Human Death Knight
Thanks Zarhym, really appreciate the post. Hopefully a fix of some kind is imminent.
42 Blood Elf Warrior

But they will be. I don't think Blizzard wants to fix this by screwing over a different group of players.

how is it screwing them over? at least they are gettin wat they think they are!
screwing them over would be releasing 378 gear next week

Shhh. Don't give them ideas.
90 Orc Shaman
Very well said explanation, and the whole post seems much more professional than the way this situation was previously handled ('oops too bad').

We agree that the mistakes made were very unfortunate and unfair to a lot of players. We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

Wow. Not only admitting to making two mistakes but throwing out the possibility of compensation? I hope that the last sentence there isn't thrown in to try to make people feel better (with no real plans for implementing anything) but if Blizz was able to follow through, while still frustrating this situation would just fade into the past rather than stay a streak on Blizz's reputation.

This situation has been handled well so far, only a little bit more to make things as best as you reasonably can.

(That said, it is interesting that there is no mention of why they changed from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562)
100 Blood Elf Priest
07/06/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Kwok
Why would anyone spend their converted honor points on old gear when the new season is coming up?

If you thought the S9 conquest gear was the starting bottom tier for S10 - like how it's been every season - you would automatically exchange leftover S9 honor-blue gear for conquest/honor-purple.

Grinding the new season is expected and will be done slowly. To get the "best" available PvP gear while we grind is also expected and a traditional way to start the season.

Nobody said it's going to be totally different this season. Nothing was datamined by mmo-champ or anywhere. No hint that this would happen.

So now we'll wait and see. At least we got an answer.
Edited by Vixie on 7/6/2011 6:50 PM PDT
I would just really like to express how displeased I am with the idea of introducing a completely new low end tier of gear every season. Allowing people to buy s9 non-elite gear with honor, as was done in wrath, was perfectly fine, and I say this as a low end scrub with no hope of ever obtaining the elite end of seasonal gear.

I understand the idea of trying to give everyone the opportunity to be on near even footing at the start of a season through the BG grind, but it ends up only doing that for people who have the most time to play each week. It forces everyone else to be unnecessarily behind. Keeping it at s9 non-elite allows people who have the time to BG grind and the people who need to conquest grind throughout a season to actually be on even footing. The number of people who have enough of the elite gear to be considered at a major advantage are so small that I can't imagine any reason to try and bring everyone else up that far.

I honestly hope this change in approach is reconsidered. I know that for my friends and I, who are only able to play together more or less on one "raid night", having all of our work over a season brought down in a week of AFK BG grinding is extremely disheartening.
Edited by Luminoth on 7/6/2011 6:54 PM PDT
70 Human Rogue

how is it screwing them over? at least they are gettin wat they think they are!
screwing them over would be releasing 378 gear next week

Imagine someone bought S9 gear last week. Then, this week, they replaced all of their S9 gear with S10 gear. Then, Blizzard gave everyone with S9 gear S10 gear for free. The guys who grinded twice would be pissed because they could have just gotten S10 for free.
Edited by Torin on 7/6/2011 6:53 PM PDT
86 Blood Elf Rogue

Eh, I don't really like this one either. I didn't farm gear because I was full Vicious, but I also didn't save HP because we were informed we didn't need to. Players who geared during last season got a little screwed too, and that solution wouldn't do anything for them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]