Getting to Shattrath City and Dalaran

85 Draenei Priest
Greetings and good afternoon all,

Getting to Shattrath City and Dalaran has gotten somewhat harder for this priest.

Since I am based out of Stormwind City (as many are), I turn to the community to ask the shortest way (in detail if at all possible) to get to those locations (short of tipping a mage for a portal, unless of course there is no other option).

I thank you in advance, and for those who help and cross my path, I always carry something quite tasty and useful in my inventory (maxed in alchemy + herbalism + cooking and high-up in fishing = goodness +.

Best Regards and Good Hunting,

The Cat

Catmandu (85 Hybrid Holy Priest with Evil Tendencies)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
SW to Shatt: Mage tower -> take portal to Blasted Lands -> walk through Dark Portal -> turn left and go to flight point -> take flight point straight to Shattrath.

Shatt to SW: Take the portal in that center area. Yes, there's a portal to SW/Org.

SW to Dalaran: Take SW boat to Northrend -> fly to Dalaran -> set hearth to Dalaran.

Dalaran to SW: Take portal.
Edited by Fanahlia on 7/6/2011 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Tauren Druid
07/06/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Cakezilla
Pay a Mage.

If you have no mage friends say this in chat

WTB Port to (insert desired destination) paying 50g

50g is a lot for a port, if you don't have mages coming to you then you are doing something wrong.

Also if you consider 50g to be a lot in general you are also doing something wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You can take the Dark Portal to Outlands or I usually just take the zep to Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord. I'm not sure what kinda setup you dirty Alliance have. :P
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
For Shatt. Take the portal from SW to blasted lands. go through dark portal. fly(on your own or flightpath) to shat. There is a portal in Shatt that will take you back to stormwind(if your hearth is down)

I'm not sure about dalaran.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I set my hearth to Dal and then walk to the SW portal if I need to go there.

If I need to go to Shatt, well pretty much the only ways are mage port or taking the portal to the Dark Portal then flying from there. :P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I use the Argent Tournament Tabard to get to Dalaran.

Shatt, I simply use the Dark Portal and fly straight toward Shatt.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

If you have no mage friends say this in chat

WTB Port to (insert desired destination) paying 50g

50g is a lot for a port, if you don't have mages coming to you then you are doing something wrong.

Also if you consider 50g to be a lot in general you are also doing something wrong.

50g? Geez. I'd take 5g if you came to me.

SOLD!

Or if you have one of those purple rings from Dal, you can port with that.
Edited by Arinia on 7/6/2011 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Obtain Master Flying License.
Turn on Crusader's Aura.
Get your Mithril Spurs and your Riding Glovies.
Join a guild with the perk Mount Up.
Fly up in the sky.
Point in correct direction.
Press Num Lock.

Never take a flight path again. Never worry about how long it takes to get somewhere.

Note: The above is strictly a stupid joke post. The author is aware that all the effects don't stack. But feel free to ignore this note and make fun of me anyway.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
WTB Port to Shat/Dal 25g tip

Works every time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Level from 1 to 85. Then turn around and look back at how you got to those areas in the first place.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
The shortest path to Shatt is to take the Blasted Lands portal and take a ride on the other side of the Dark Portal there.

The shortest path to Dalaran is riding the boat up to Borean Tundra and then out to Dalaran.

I do know atleast a few trip shortening tricks for Dalaran. The first is that you can bind there as there's a portal to Stormwind now. The second and easiest is the Argent Crusader's Tabard. Third is the Wormhole Generator: Northrend.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Same issue for me since i want to do fishing dailies. I found the fastest way for me was to.

Set my hearthstone to dalaran.
Do dalaran dailies
Take dalaran portal to SW (at the alliance inn area)
Do SW dalies
Take Mage tower portal to Outlands.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Obtain Master Flying License.
Turn on Crusader's Aura.
Get your Mithril Spurs and your Riding Glovies.
Join a guild with the perk Mount Up.
Fly up in the sky.
Point in correct direction.
Press Num Lock.

Never take a flight path again. Never worry about how long it takes to get somewhere.

LOLNUB!

Note: The above is strictly a stupid joke post. The author is aware that all the effects don't stack. But feel free to ignore this note and make fun of me anyway.

Awwww =(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Dalaran port ring.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Teleports to Outland:

Every racial capital has a teleport to the Dark Portal next to the mage trainers.
Ultrasafe Transporter: Toshley's Station or Area 52 (if you're an Engineer)

From there you take a bird to Shattrath (or fly yourself).

Teleports to Northrend:
1) Argent Tournament Tabard to the tournament grounds, fly to Dalaran.
2) Take portal to Uldum, fly to Un'goro's northern border -- there's a waygate to Shoalazar Basin, fly to Dalaran
3) Take a boat to Borean Tundra and fly
4) Personal Wormhole Generator (if you're an engineer)
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Priest
This might be a wash waiting on the Zep to Boring Tundra but ...

If you did the quest line to activate the portal in Sholazar Basin to Ungoro Crater, take the portal to Uldum and fly straight north until you hit the portal. You will appear in the Basin. Fly (or take the nearest FP) across Icecrown into Dal.
Reply Quote
One little trick that I always use, but you have to hang on a quest for that: at level 74, the introductory quest to Dalaran (many versions, this is one: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12796 ) opens up. You get a ring from the quest giver, and you can speak to them for a free teleport to Dalaran. As long as you don't finish the quest, the quest giver will always give you the option to teleport to Dalaran. Those quest givers are all over Northrend,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]