Best Professions for mage.

85 Gnome Death Knight
What are the best professions for a mage, such as engineering for the helmet or things like that...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Best Profession: Tailoring
Second best professions: Enchanting, or Jewelcrafting

I'd go with the Jewelcrafting as your second only because of those awesome +67 Intellect gems, but the choice is yours.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I thought technically JC is the best profession..... +81int vs any other professions +80int ?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Why is tailoring the best? o.o
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I go mining and chanting but tailoring and jc and tailoring and chanting are equally lethal.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Mage
07/07/2011 08:59 PMPosted by Goolz
Why is tailoring the best? o.o

Because your a clothie, and you can make your own gear
Reply Quote
If you want to get picky, the best would be Jewelcrafting and Enchanting/Blacksmithing/Incription/Leatherworking.

You want the intellect bonus to be passive, especially as arcane.

JC gives 81 passive int (more than any of the others) and the other 4 give 80 passive int.

However some other professions could be better at first. For example with engineering you can get the goggles which are BiS until you get into HM raiding. You will get 80 passive int and then a BiS epic with that.

Me personally, I had tailoring and enchanting, but engineering is so cool I don't care about not being completely optimal with the profession bonuses so I dropped tailoring for it. I'm happy with my mailbox/jeeves/rocket belt and other fun stuff you get with engineering.
Edited by Taleas on 7/12/2011 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tailoring and Enchanting/Jewlcrafting.

I've had Enchanting just for the fact that I have too many patterns.

Bonus:

Lightweave and practically free leg enchant.
Reply Quote
Tailoring is no longer the best profession for a mage, I would assume - based on this - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2795122903?page=1#0

Getting the +50 int enchant and a flat out +80 bonus (81 from JC) from other professions would be far more useful now.
Reply Quote
55 Human Rogue
Best Profession: Tailoring
Second best professions: Enchanting, or Jewelcrafting

I'd go with the Jewelcrafting as your second only because of those awesome +67 Intellect gems, but the choice is yours.

im going to have to agree with turmoil
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]