Gun Silencer?

85 Worgen Hunter
Can someone please give me the name of a gun silencer addon that actually works and where to get it? I can't believe I need this for a crossbow, but it magically sounds like a gun. Was quite irritating in Firelands tonight. I hate that noise, so if someone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
why they dont tone this sound effect down a bit is completely beyond me

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
and i know there are probably some dwarves who are roleplayers who really love the sound, but reasonable people must universally agree that it is @#%@ing atrocious and nearly on the same level of the launcher sound before that was fixed

having said that, i can't find the one i had to use for stakethrower or whatever a while back. i'm sure you googled it also, and i hope you find one that works, but i wanted to complain a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm currently using.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/gun-sound-replace-bow-sound.aspx

It works perfectly fine. I myself changed the sounds to something more resembling an actual gun silencer though. I found it sounding like a bow to be a bit distracting. In other words, I basically just used the same sound file names provided from this.

In case you're curious, here's what mine sounds like (not the same as the addon). You'll probably have to turn the volume up some though.

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/mudslide21/Short_Videos/?action=view&current=WoWSerpent-Refresh.mp4
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info7382-EarPlugs.html
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I think Blizzard should just put a check box next to the range item on our character sheet that when checked disables the weapon sound. Just like they do with turning off the Helm and Cloak visuals.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I agree with Volathis, we need a silencer in options under sounds like next to emote check box...for everyone. Not just for the hunters useing them but for everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I use a M1 garand sound file to replace the default gun sounds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/04/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Healnfoolz
I agree with Volathis, we need a silencer in options under sounds like next to emote check box...for everyone. Not just for the hunters useing them but for everyone.
I don't get why a 5 month old thread got bumped just for that comment. But since it has...

With transmogrification, one could just change a gun into a bow to not hear the sounds. Chances are, if you actually want the look of a gun, you don't have as much of an issue with the sound.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I'm really not saying this just because I'm a Dwarf, but I actually really like the gun sound. I hate the silent "whish whish"of a crossbow, the gun sound makes me feel like I'm dishing out some serious hurt. But I do see how it could be annoying for people.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
Be sure to install it correctly. It's a mod, so it doesn't install the same way as an addon.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
12/05/2011 05:08 AMPosted by Maybella
transmog it to a non gun >.>
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I like the sound of the gun myself, I like hearing my shots :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter

transmog it to a non gun >.>

^this!!!
Edited by Redeux on 10/27/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
... Nice necro... Did you even bother to look at the dates?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
Editing the sound files, or any other game file for that matter, is against the ToU. So do be careful when choosing to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/27/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Domez
Editing the sound files, or any other game file for that matter, is against the ToU. So do be careful when choosing to do so.

no you are wrong... you are changing the sound CLIENT side not in the actual game or server side..as long as they are a seperate folder or addon and do not change the MPQ files..addons do NOT change the MPQ files merely "add on" hence the name... ...gun silencers do not violate TOU ... stop spreading misinformation

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this.

from a GM :
" Sound/music files may be modified client-side, either through overrides or addons. Anything else (texture, model, etc.) is completely verboten, but sound files are fine.

Extracting them from the MPQ files is also okay, provided you aren't using them for personal profit, gain, promotion, etc."
Edited by Bowjitsu on 10/27/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
i want my gun to make the ghost sniper rifle sound from SC2 anyone know an addon for that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]