crafting

(Locked)

90 Tauren Warrior
ok, this may have already been talked about before, but just in case it hasn't i've got to say it. there is a better way for the crafting to work. how about the shop setup? by going to a particular spot designated like the trade center or something, then the player sets up shop there posting his profession and level of said profession, also with a message with it. i say this cause it is hard enough to find a blacksmith, jewel craftier, tailor, etc. during the day, but even worse at night. i in particular have a 12 hour night job and on my days off i seldom switch to days. they pay the set fee for it and go on their merry way. it is possible, some other mmos that are older have it and some new ones too. thanks for any future consideration.
100 Human Rogue
I love crafting. But in my opinion, we're going to see even less emphasis on crafting in WoW and other MMOs in the future. I've been a member of SWG, LOTRO, and WOW, and the trend in all three of these games was for crafting to initially be useful, but to eventually take a back seat to instance running and gear purchasing. SWG, which probably had the best crafting system ever implemented in an MMO, will be closed by the end of the year. LOTRO only seems to support crafting as a way to sell F2P store items. WoW crafted goods seem to be only useful with respect to end-game BOP items.

Of course I don't have access to the market research these companies put into their audience, but my guess is that most players don't want to craft, nor do they want to shop, but they'd rather just kill stuff and get the quick rewards.
14 Night Elf Hunter
Problem with crafting at this point is that the best patterns and their mats are raid drops. So there is no way to advance as a non-raider. Crafting is also very stale. So many mats and you get exactly this item. What I would like to see is the ability for crafters to determine at least the secondary stats. This would permit players at least on 2 items to determine the secondary stats they prefer. As it is now selling mats is more profitable when selling crafted items.
41 Dwarf Warrior
Who wants to just stand around in a marketplace trying to hock their wares? If you can't find someone by asking trade, then you won't find anyone in a market place. I remember that sort of thing in Everquest and I hated it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I also love crafting. Not necessarily to sell my stuff, mind you. I just like being able to upgrade my toons by making them things.

If I could have one upgrade in Warlords of Draenor that I'd most want, it's to the crafting system. Give us more options, more customisation, more end-game relevance.
90 Tauren Druid
I like the idea of if I have a crafting profession I can set up a shop, and go to sleep and the crafting is made by others while I sleep. As long as they pay the price I set and provide the mats I provide the expertise. Wake up with money and folks dont have to scream in trade all day.

Please do this!
Community Manager
We're actually hoping to do a bunch of work with crafting in Warlords. Nothing I can share any concrete details on yet, but we're talking about it a lot.

/ominous
90 Pandaren Shaman
We're actually hoping to do a bunch of work with crafting in Warlords. Nothing I can share any concrete details on yet, but we're talking about it a lot.

/ominous
Can I pet you
90 Pandaren Monk

/ominous

*Trys to pet Lore her furry hand gets burned instead*
Community Manager
12/06/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Whoops
Can I pet you

You can try, but just so you're aware, I am made entirely of fire.
90 Pandaren Warrior

/hug

IT BURNS SO GOOD!
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior

Metaphorically, perhaps.

But we've seen the pictures of the hair...
100 Troll Shaman
I would love to see new additions to crafting professions :)
10 Orc Warrior

You're a cat made out of fire. You must REALLY hate water.
100 Tauren Druid

/ominous

Glad to hear, I always thought professions were kinda boring in WoW beyond making money. Could use some profession quests, even epic quests at that, to craft gear. Something people could work hard towards something that would end in a great reward. That would fit very well with the whole WoD world being like timeless isle with no flying, such as farming some mats, accomplishing objectives to meet some of the profession's requirements/getting receipes.

Hell, I'd even see a legendary using profession stuff, at this point, 675 crafting skill sounds like serious business to me.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Lore! This thread is a 2 year necro!!

>_<
100 Orc Warlock

/ominous

Grats on "working" JC and Enchanting right to the ground.

this times a million.
seems like blizz is working overtime to kill money making with proffesions. starting with JC and enchanting. while the LFR hero casuals are happy cuz they wont have to gem and enchant their gear, legit players are gonna get shafted. wasnt this mofo (lore) a wow player? why the F isnt he saying stuff to the blizz team? or he just bought gold with his youtube money.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Necro thread, but I kinda would like to see older world materials be used to craft items in new content.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]