Is dodge and parry bad in PvP?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I don't dungeon or raid I just PvP and I am putting the 70 PvP gear set together and need gems. would it be bad to gem dodge and parry for PvP? I'm an Unholy DK and off speced for Blood I good damage but I die to fast. So to fix this I was thinking I could gem dodge and parry to help me live a little longer and run in blood for the heals it gives. Would this be a bad idea? I had a friend that was a pally tank and she PvP in her tank gear and she almost never died.
Reply Quote
07/07/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Acphlegmed
expertise nerfs dodge and parry

so are you saying I shouldn't gem that way I should gem expertise then?
Reply Quote
81 Human Hunter
If you're having issues being squishy gem resilience. Watch some PvP videos, learn how to use your CDs better, if you're fighting a hunter while you're being kited deathstrike their pet etc.

edit:PvP prior to 85(and even that is getting fairly bursty......but thats for another thread) is a burstfeast(minus healers -.-)
Edited by Lasarkis on 7/7/2011 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're having issues being squishy gem resilience. Watch some PvP videos, learn how to use your CDs better, if you're fighting a hunter while you're being kited deathstrike their pet etc.

edit:PvP prior to 85(and even that is getting fairly bursty......but thats for another thread) is a burstfeast(minus healers -.-)

ya i do that and all it just the last >.> 100k BG's I have done we get are GY camped an I can never get out but I see others warriors, pallys and DK's getting out ok and I see some taking on like 3 or more at one time and I can be killed fast by 2 >.< and it really makes me mad some times

and are you saying now the point of PvP becoming more like do as much as i can before i die rather then do what I can and not die? That would explain a lot >.>
Edited by Dullohan on 7/7/2011 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
try it out. you can always go back.

if you are trying to figure out how to boost your survival in pvp, youre kinda doomed to failure
because youre going to be getting worked over by a group most of the time, and while it might be nice to think "heh it took 5 of them to kill me!", its the result that matters, they still killed you.

your paly tank friend may have great survival but undoubtedly they have decided they dont want to kill anyone, and think by not dying they are somehow better at pvp, but that is an ongoing endless debate.

tanks in pvp have some of the best survival, but to me they are like those gnats that buzz around your head in the summer time. annoying but not something im bothered by.
Edited by Sourlou on 7/7/2011 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
expertise is horrible for pvp and nobody in their right mind gems/enchants it.

dodge and parry aren't worth gemming because players can't dodge, parry, or block attacks made from behind. this is also why no pvp gear has those stats.

if you're putting together a set for 70 and want survivability, say you're going to fc a lot, get a lot of resil and stamina.
Edited by Alexandretta on 7/7/2011 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/07/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Alexandretta
if you're putting together a set for 70 and want survivability, say you're going to fc a lot, get a lot of resil and stamina.

ok ill try that then
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well survivability in PvP, is an arguable point yes, (I personally try to hold a fine line between survival, and DPS on my Blood DK) and it can just seem annoying when it takes 5 people at least 25 seconds to take down 1 player.

One way to look at it though is those five players spending that 25 seconds is potentialy 5 less people gunning for the flag, the FC, defending a point, or even paying attention to the rogue, druid. . .or maybe even hunter that snuck in and is turning the flag. All because of 1 player that just won't die.

I'm not saying that 1 player surviving against 5 for just under a half minute, will turn the tides of a battle persay, but they can certainly help hold down a spot, or at least provide a good distracting target.
Edited by Scarathias on 4/11/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]