Season Transition Compensation

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Thedamned
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
so your going to give people who where too dumb to know any better and QQ'ed about their ignorance 4000 honor points? unless EVERYONE gets it blizzard you are fail, there is a reason why this game is going down the drains and listening to the dumb people who yell the loudest but say very little is why.

Seriously man. No one is twisting your arm to play wow. All these people say wow is going to down the tubes, yata yata YET THEY STILL PLAY! If you do not like it or want to complain just quit, or be quiet and keep playing. That's like me eating at a restaurant talking about how bad the food is and never leaving. It just makes you look like a moron bro.

I swear all Horde do is Rage and QQ. It's why I left Horde side, and they call us the kids? I have seen far more people under 21 on Horde side than I ever have on ally side. I would pick adults over know it all teens anyday. Face it horde you got the teens and the kids now. All the main retarded and just blatantly stupid post seem to be from a Horde.
Edited by Domaníck on 7/12/2011 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yes, thanks alot
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
didnt get anything.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warrior
Me either

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Neither did I.

...what's going on guys?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
We wanted to let everyone know that we’re working to address the miscommunication that occurred regarding the introduction of new item level 371 PvP gear, and share our current plans.

For background, many players spent their Honor Points on item level 365 gear once Season 9 ended only to find that more powerful item level 371 gear was available when season 10 started. We should have communicated ahead of time that this was going to be the case, and we apologize for the mistake.

We’ve been working over the past few days to evaluate and determine the best course of action to offer players some kind of compensation for those who were caught off guard by the new gear. The plan we’ve found to be achievable within an acceptable amount of time is to provide players who were affected with 4000 Honor Points. This extra Honor would function similarly to the currency down-conversion in that it would stack over the cap, but you would not be able to earn more until you spent under the 4000 cap.

The process of determining who was affected is certainly the most difficult task of this issue, and the entire process of figuring out who should receive the Honor or not and then delivering it isn’t anything less than a giant undertaking. We’re still evaluating many of the processes that will be required to make this happen. Although we’re fairly confident we can pull it off, there is still a chance it may not be possible. Due to other service related work the soonest we would be able to distribute this Honor is the 7/19 Tuesday maintenance. More complicated solutions we discussed could take months to implement, but we felt getting something to those affected as quickly as possible was more important.

Although some of this is still uncertain we felt it best to let people know as far in advance as possible to allow for adequate planning. We’ll be able to provide more information and specifics on how this process will be carried out, and the requirements to receive the 4000 Honor, next week.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our miscommunication. We greatly appreciate those who took the time to give us constructive feedback on the matter.

Blue post needed please. A fix doesn't appear to be implemented. Has the timeline you proposed been extended?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I logged in hoping for some sort of fix.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Durr, nevermind. 7/19 maintenance window, not 7/12.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Just reread the post, they said the 19th not today.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I misread that too. Oh well. Too bad since I ground out enough honor for two toons (full vicious) over the 4th weekend. 4000 doesn't scratch the surface but I guess it is better than nothing. By the time the 19th rolls around I'll have replaced everything and won't need the 4000.

It would have been nice if Blizz could have just let us trade it all back in (tag it all 2 hour return gear) followed up with an email telling us to do it. Just the items purchased during that week.

I just hate that I spent well over 1,000 gold to gem and enhance everything.

Thanks for at least addressing the problem and not being silent on it Blizz.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Patch day comes and goes. i see no change in game. havent found any updated posts concerning situation. Have i missed it somewhere. From the number of posts i would think this would be a serious customer service issue for blizzard.
Saw the 7/19 date. misread before. lol. by the time that comes people will have farmed the honor for the 371 gear. Pretty sleazy on this companies part imo. Just put it off and hope all the complaining goes away. Other comp will be fixed soon and i will be able to play Rift again. Much better pvp there anyway. Everyone should check it out on their free trial.
Edited by Kahnhoru on 7/12/2011 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The reason why we get nothing till the 19th is because today is the cata launch in china. Gotta take care of the farmers first ya know, Actiblizzard needs those subscription numbers...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
07/12/2011 07:21 AMPosted by Gillyy
I spent that entire week losing. On one specific day I had a record of 20 losses to 4 wins...it wasn't fun.

I don't understand why people play a video game if they don't enjoy it.

Carrot on a stick mentality. If you can just get through this rough patch then things will be rosy cause you will have the best gear and can relax and enjoy. The problem is once you get all the gear they release new gear and so your always chasing that carrot. WoW endgame has no purpose what so ever other than chasing said carrot.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Looks like I can just grind out the gear this week and get a free 4k honor.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I spent 20k+ honor that first week to get decked out in s9. Blizz, make a vendor for upgrading the tokens. This "miscommunication" wasted a lot of my effort.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Hello again. Question for the people in blue: Are there any updates to this situation? Have any of the suggestions on the forum led to a re-examination of the compensation? I would've bet my bank account that we'd have an update today. :(

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We're still on track for 7/19 and will have some additional info posted soon on who should expect to receive the 4000 compensation points.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We're still on track for 7/19 and will have some additional info posted soon on who should expect to receive the 4000 compensation points.

I need to know please, asap, whether that's all we're getting or not. As I said early in this thread, if it is, I'm regretfully cancelling my service with you gentlemen. So I need to know whether or not to waste any more time playing or not.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
07/12/2011 01:08 PMPosted by Ahna

I need to know please, asap, whether that's all we're getting or not. As I said early in this thread, if it is, I'm regretfully cancelling my service with you gentlemen. So I need to know whether or not to waste any more time playing or not.

Agreed, the original post seemed to leave open the possibility that the 4000 honor is just a temporary solution for damage control purposes.

More complicated solutions we discussed could take months to implement, but we felt getting something to those affected as quickly as possible was more important.

It's not clear whether that "something" is just something for now and that we'll be getting more later, or if that "something" is all we're getting (which seems more likely).

I would really like to know for sure. And Blizzard needs to work on their communication skills.
Edited by Torin on 7/12/2011 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Bashiok
That gonna be in gold or 4000 slap in the face points?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]