Season Transition Compensation

So I applaud you blizzard as a step in the right direction for rectifying your mistakes.

YET

You still refuse to assist people with the Eternal Ember tooltip \ rarity blunder? Why?!

They have by doing this just decided where they stand. PVP community is more important to them than PVE.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
wait why do i see people that grinded the week before complaining....you should be thankful u got free vicious the week before season 10...how greedy do you haveto be to not earn your gear in arena then complain how it isnt the best gear out there?! the people i understand about the 371 gear are the players that earned their vicious DURING season and waited a week to find out their gear is useless from season (also the 2200 rated players.....i feel for ya.....) .. . my 1200 conqest didnt transfer from the week - idc because i was full visc already, i got gold :) - if u got gear last week with honor (365) dont complain.....u didn't work for it....
Reply Quote
Gee, thanks. Rather than doing the DECENT thing and upgrading the gear we all wasted our honor on getting last week, and wasted gold gemming and chanting last week, I get back less than one third of the honor I spent(and for some players, MUCH less than 1/3 of the honor), and have to pay AGAIN to chant and gem them.

In other words, this isn't even CLOSE to being a reasonable compensation, and if this is the best Blizzard can come up with, I can't say I blame all the serious PvPers cancelling their accounts.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I say just give everyone, regardless of if they were affected or not, the 4k honor points.

This way, you guys save a lot of time and effort trying to give it only to those affected, and everyone is a happy camper.

Except the haters.

But they will always be unhappy 'cause they're haters.

Haters.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how they've compounded three mistakes into a giant catastrophe. First by botching the point conversion, then sneaking in a new set without warning, and finally by offering inadequate compensation that only benefits those that were least affected. This issue has become more than a few ilvls and grinding honor. It's about the integrity of a company and how it treats its customers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: I grinded out 14 pieces of gear on a toon that I had not done arenas on during Season 9. I think did arenas this week, earning the "1000 conquest points achievement." Could it not be looked at how many season 9 pieces that I have in my inventory vs. conquest points earned? If not in general, then could a separate ticket be put in by people in the situation where their conquest points earned can easily be subtracted? (perhaps minus the gloves and the pants, which could have been earned in Baradin Hold.)
Reply Quote
Gee, thanks. Rather than doing the DECENT thing and upgrading the gear we all wasted our honor on getting last week, and wasted gold gemming and chanting last week, I get back less than one third of the honor I spent(and for some players, MUCH less than 1/3 of the honor), and have to pay AGAIN to chant and gem them.

In other words, this isn't even CLOSE to being a reasonable compensation, and if this is the best Blizzard can come up with, I can't say I blame all the serious PvPers cancelling their accounts.

Absolutely amazing... You are actually being given reimbursement for Blizzard screwing up... and you're still complaining. Blizzard PLEASE think carefully about this. Your setting a bad precedent by kowtowing to these folks while telling PVE anytime anything goes wrong tough.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
what a joke.

how about allowing people to just trade the stupid 365 pieces for the new ones?

seems like the most reasonable and fair approach. of course, i'm sure you guys "lack the technology" to make it happen swiftly with this ancient codebase.

a token 4k it is... i guess.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
TO THE 2200 PLAYERS:
If you're 2200+ and sitting in your beautiful red 365 vicious gear from s9, there is NO REASON why you shouldn't be able to out-play ANYONE in full 371 vicious s10 gear if they've never passed that 2200 threshold. Period.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Skill > Gear How many times has that been said? You obviously didn't have the skill to begin with or you would have had the gear you speak of. You would have got it way early in the season with conquest gear.

Don't blame poor skill on gear that is easy to get. I suck at pvp and still managed almost every piece of conquest gear in just a month or so.

Unless the toon is a new 85, and there wasn't enough time at the end of S9 to collect all the gear.. Right? So during the week before S10 starts, you grind the rest of S9 only to find it obsolete days later.

How many times can people be that dumb?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
wait wait wait lol.....did any of you read this - dont expect 4k honor...this is for the people that didnt get the 4000+ honor from conquest conversion - IE - if ur conquest didnt transfer over the 4k mark....u get 4k honor...not if u spent 4k honor last week........ so this doesn't affect the players that got free visc last week.......blizz... upgrade every one's viscious.....and we all win - you may go on your way without giving beggers more free gear...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Sorry, please help me understand. A blue responded to this saying that it was an error on their part, and that they will give warning for a change of such magnitude where to occur again.

Obviously compensation, if you consider 4k honor compensation, would not be something that would ease everyone's concern in regards to what you said, correct? So even with the apology from a Blizz rep, what more are players expecting. Or should I re-read what you posted? @.@

Do you understand that if it would've said in the patch notes (like EVERYTHING else is listed) that the 365 gear was going to be upgraded to 371 for honor purchasing, NO ONE would've grinded hours and hours between june 28th and july 5th?? Is that a difficult concept? They should've told us, and we would've done the SAME grind, one week later. (People lost hours, gold gemming and enchanting, and got a hell ofa headache)

Therefore, the players expect what they deserve, a refund of the honor spent or an exchange of the items earned during June 28th- July 5th.. It is VERY reasonable.

Then there would seem to be two groups in this thread with an issue. One demanding the new gear for obvious reasons, and the other group who says that they could care less about the gear, and are more concerned with why Blizz decided to not communicate with the PvP player base.

I'm seeing posts of people wanting something, but it's not gear O.o
Edited by Fripside on 7/8/2011 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Oz
Hey Blizzard, I know you want everyone to be motivated to go back into battlegrounds at the start of a new season, and I think that's great. But judging from what I've seen this week in arena, many good teams are pushing to get high rating before anyone has a chance to grind the new gear.
I think you should make it so anyone with a 365 piece can upgrade it to 371 for free in this one instance. I've seen vendors that upgrade gear when you turn it in, I know this exists. I think this can rebuild some good will in the pvp community.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
And please change the colors if anything, give the 371 gear the 365 gear color or a entirely new color. 2 sets of gear of the same color is Meh..
Edited by Treestyle on 7/8/2011 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
TO THE 2200 PLAYERS:
If you're 2200+ and sitting in your beautiful red 365 vicious gear from s9, there is NO REASON why you shouldn't be able to out-play ANYONE in full 371 vicious s10 gear if they've never passed that 2200 threshold. Period.

"if they've never passed that 2200 threshold"

2200 players aren't worried about 1500 players. They are more concerned about players of equal skill but with better gear.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
seeing even swifty had to go and farm 371 to compete in the ARENA season - not bg's.....bg's we can roll people over - its the arena's that are so competitive and everyone at 1500+ has 371 - thus they farm the honor gear...making their prized gear worthless..... the extra 450 strength agil itel etc is worth it.......(also the trinkets 1605 agil - 1790 agil bonus) quite a bit a difference)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
We wanted to let everyone know that we’re working to address the miscommunication that occurred regarding the introduction of new item level 371 PvP gear, and share our current plans.

For background, many players spent their Honor Points on item level 365 gear once Season 9 ended only to find that more powerful item level 371 gear was available when season 10 started. We should have communicated ahead of time that this was going to be the case, and we apologize for the mistake.

We’ve been working over the past few days to evaluate and determine the best course of action to offer players some kind of compensation for those who were caught off guard by the new gear. The plan we’ve found to be achievable within an acceptable amount of time is to provide players who were affected with 4000 Honor Points. This extra Honor would function similarly to the currency down-conversion in that it would stack over the cap, but you would not be able to earn more until you spent under the 4000 cap.

The process of determining who was affected is certainly the most difficult task of this issue, and the entire process of figuring out who should receive the Honor or not and then delivering it isn’t anything less than a giant undertaking. We’re still evaluating many of the processes that will be required to make this happen. Although we’re fairly confident we can pull it off, there is still a chance it may not be possible. Due to other service related work the soonest we would be able to distribute this Honor is the 7/19 Tuesday maintenance. More complicated solutions we discussed could take months to implement, but we felt getting something to those affected as quickly as possible was more important.

Although some of this is still uncertain we felt it best to let people know as far in advance as possible to allow for adequate planning. We’ll be able to provide more information and specifics on how this process will be carried out, and the requirements to receive the 4000 Honor, next week.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our miscommunication. We greatly appreciate those who took the time to give us constructive feedback on the matter.

will this compensated honor go over the cap? if i have 1k honor now, will i be able to have 5k honor when we're compensated?
Reply Quote
71 Human Warlock
Cmon blizz you gotta do more then that. The Vicious Weapon,Head,Chest,Legs,and both Trinkets cost

2200 honor each.

The Vicous Neck,Back,Bracer,Gloves,Belt,Boots,and both Rings cost

1650 honor each.

The Vicous Relic costs 750 Honor

Enchants and Gems cost alot depending on server, but im sure its

around 3,000 gold (Plus or minus a few thousand).

Anyone wanna do the math? Because im sure its not only 4000 honor!

You really need to just let us refund the armor bought inbetween the two seasons.
And the longer you take to fix it the longer people start getting the 371, and then you will really have some unhappy campers.
Edited by Karbarit on 7/8/2011 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]