Season Transition Compensation

85 Night Elf Hunter
Simple fix would of been those with season 9 gear to upgrade via npc vendor for season 10 gear. Even trade 1 piece of season 9 chest gets you 1 piece of season 10 chest. seems real simple and everyone would of been happy. But no blizzard has to go about it the hard way to find out who got screwed over and then they decided lets bend um over like a old break down shotgun and pull um on like a old boot and only give them 4k points and only to a select few.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Ok, I'm sick of reading the "Let blizz correct this" posts...

No.

THIS WAS THEIR CORRECTION. And they still eff'd it up. Correct their correction? Do you understand how idiotic that sounds?

Let me remind of the screw ups this season transition:

Strike One: Converting my conquest points to gold a week before it was supposed to. Unintentional but it still happened.

Strike Two: Releasing new gear without telling me it was forthcoming allow me and thousands of others who pvp'd that week to waste their time.

Strike Three: Failing to give me the honor they promised as recompense for the earlier slight.

Ok...I'm sorry, but no more "It's okay, Blizz, sh*t happens, we understand" posts. You had three strikes.

This. So much this.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I didnt get any honor. Still have all my 365 equipped, didnt want to change it out until after the fix.

From my news feed.
Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Touch of Defeat.

7/3/2011

Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Felweave Raiment.

7/3/2011

Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Felweave Amice.

7/3/2011

Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Felweave Trousers.

7/3/2011

Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Felweave Handguards.

7/3/2011

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Yeah, like many others, I didn't get honor on 3 of my 4 deserving toons.

The thing that sucks is I got the honor on a toon that I wasnt even sure deserved it. I bought gear in that week then didnt play the toon. After S10 started I still had the return available, so I returned the S9 gear and bought the S10 version. THAT is the only toon that got the honor. Other toons like this one that absolutely deserved it (grinded and spent at least 18k in that week), got nothing...
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Paladin
07/19/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Mehet
Is it delivered via the mail system? Maybe it's just taking some time to show up. *hopeful*

They points should just be in your HP total already (signed in and had 4350 hp)... my toon got a mail message explaining why I got the points, but the points should already be available to you - but since it sounds like you didn't, it sounds like they screwed up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I farmed the full set and have started farming the s10 set.

got nothing>

not to mention wasting the time and all that honor and gems and enchants etc.

much much much more than the 4k honor promised and again not delivered, while those who only bought like one piece got the 4k in my guild.

OUCH
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just logged in...no honor...this is ridiculous.

This toon had all the S9 gear, which I've since ground out hours of pvp to replace with S10 gear.

Where's my promised compensation?!
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Mage
My druid was full S9 from *last season* but capped, bought a couple of offspec pieces. Basically retired him. He got 4k honor.

This mage had farmed hours upon hours of S9, was capped at the end of that transition week, no compensation at all.

I really wish they wouldn't have bothered if they couldn't have solved it in a reliable way. Also, I've already farmed out most of my S10 vicious gear. The honor compensation wouldn't have mattered. Maybe I get one of those expensive shoulder inscriptions. Ideally, I would have liked that time lost spent honor farming somehow transferrable to my 3rd alt who I'm currently grinding for.

In short, too little, too late, and not solved reliably.

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
lol...by the time they figure out how to compensate ppl you wont need honor and your extra 4k with be for a stack of ore. If you actuall do any pvping you've already bought most or all of the s10 honor 2 weeks later anway.

4k honor is nothing, people just need to get over it or ask for 4k gold instead.

CASH IS ALWAYS THE BEST COMPENSATION.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Got them for my warrior (I don't do arenas with her), I purchased 16 from the 17 pieces during that weekend and just 1-2 pieces for my others toons, no compensation for those. So I think this is related to the amount of honor points earned/spent during that time, how much I don't know.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just to add to the plethora of people who didn't get their deserved reimbursement... ME TOO!!!

Would be great if you could stop messing up Blizz. Consumer confidence and all that other good stuff....

A Blue post would really be helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My druid was full S9 from *last season* but capped, bought a couple of offspec pieces. Basically retired him. He got 4k honor.

This mage had farmed hours upon hours of S9, was capped at the end of that transition week, no compensation at all.

I really wish they wouldn't have bothered if they couldn't have solved it in a reliable way. Also, I've already farmed out most of my S10 vicious gear. The honor compensation wouldn't have mattered. Maybe I get one of those expensive shoulder inscriptions. Ideally, I would have liked that time lost spent honor farming somehow transferrable to my 3rd alt who I'm currently grinding for.

In short, too little, too late, and not solved reliably.

For real. I mean, was it really that hard to do an armory database search for toons with pvp365 gear obtained during that week? I mean, each armory has a record of when you obtained your gear...why couldn't blizz just use that as info? In the end, they nuked the solution that ended up screwing over more people, yet. again.
Edited by Pipesnake on 7/19/2011 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
07/19/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Maozsi
So I think this is related to the amount of honor points earned/spent during that time, how much I don't know.

can't be as I bought one piece of gear on my priest from honor I had and was rewarded with 4k honor while on this character I bought multiple pieces from the honor I earned over the AV weekend during the July 4th holiday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No honor on either of my eligible toons either :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Two days left on my ticket. Hah.

Really should not have expected this to go through without a hitch.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
hmmm no 4k honor and I bought s9 after patch =/
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Got compensation on this warrior and i only bought 3-4 pieces during that time period. I did the entire set on my druid and got nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
How did I know that we would all get SCREWED by Blizz on this.

I wasted over 10K of honor!

I see that I have not received any honor yet!

WTF BLIZZ!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
So, did this not happen or did you just forget to refund _everyone_? I bought 5 or so items during this period with combined capped Justice and Honor points. When I logged in today, I haven't received any reimbursement or compensation for my lost points? What gives?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It is funny how the three alts that only bought a couple of the 365 gear items got the 4k honor, but the two alts I farmed honor the most, missed out on the 4k. Still wearing the 365 gear as well.,
From the CS Forums:

Ok guys,

Looks like they are investigating some of these cases through our game master department, please submit a petition or web ticket here: https://us.battle.net/support/

***Please keep the following message in mind, you must have spent the honor between the June 28 and July 5 to be eligible.****

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2869126930?page=2#30">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2869126930?page=2#30</a>

Thanks for that info, ticket done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]