Season Transition Compensation

85 Tauren Paladin
We wanted to let everyone know that we’re working to address the miscommunication that occurred regarding the introduction of new item level 371 PvP gear, and share our current plans.

For background, many players spent their Honor Points on item level 365 gear once Season 9 ended only to find that more powerful item level 371 gear was available when season 10 started. We should have communicated ahead of time that this was going to be the case, and we apologize for the mistake.

We’ve been working over the past few days to evaluate and determine the best course of action to offer players some kind of compensation for those who were caught off guard by the new gear. The plan we’ve found to be achievable within an acceptable amount of time is to provide players who were affected with 4000 Honor Points. This extra Honor would function similarly to the currency down-conversion in that it would stack over the cap, but you would not be able to earn more until you spent under the 4000 cap.

The process of determining who was affected is certainly the most difficult task of this issue, and the entire process of figuring out who should receive the Honor or not and then delivering it isn’t anything less than a giant undertaking. We’re still evaluating many of the processes that will be required to make this happen. Although we’re fairly confident we can pull it off, there is still a chance it may not be possible. Due to other service related work the soonest we would be able to distribute this Honor is the 7/19 Tuesday maintenance. More complicated solutions we discussed could take months to implement, but we felt getting something to those affected as quickly as possible was more important.

Although some of this is still uncertain we felt it best to let people know as far in advance as possible to allow for adequate planning. We’ll be able to provide more information and specifics on how this process will be carried out, and the requirements to receive the 4000 Honor, next week.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our miscommunication. We greatly appreciate those who took the time to give us constructive feedback on the matter.

will this compensated honor go over the cap? if i have 1k honor now, will i be able to have 5k honor when we're compensated?

Yes, it says so in the third paragraph...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Couldn't you just put in a Vendor that would take the 365 gear and give the player an equivalent 371 gear. Sure we'd lose gems and enchants, but you wouldn't have to shift through everyone's records . I think the community would be happier with this outcome, and yeah I realize some people would be getting free upgrades but somethings gotta give.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Molic
2200 players aren't worried about 1500 players. They are more concerned about players of equal skill but with better gear.

If you're good enough to get to that level, a quarter of a tier will not make a difference. Season's do not last 3 weeks, they last 6 months. By the time it matters and everyone is pushing for the .5% spot they would be in full ruthless t2 gear.
Can't get a 3k rating the first week of a season? please cry me a river.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
4k free honor? Think that's a good deal to me (I had farmed about 7,700 honor that week).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Better than nothing, but the real loss isn't 4000 honor, or any quantity of honor. It's the disruption to my time management. I didn't only spend 4000 honor I wouldn't have otherwise. I managed my time in ways I wouldn't have otherwise. I spent time weighing options and making decisions I would've made differently otherwise. So I don't only feel that I lost honor, or some other game currency. I feel that I was misled.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
07/08/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Morsk
Better than nothing, but the real loss isn't 4000 honor, or any quantity of honor. It's the disruption to my time management. I didn't only spend 4000 honor I wouldn't have otherwise. I managed my time in ways I wouldn't have otherwise. I spent time weighing options and making decisions I would've made differently otherwise. So I don't only feel that I lost honor, or some other game currency. I feel that I was misled.

you still haven't played a single arena match bro, why the rush, learn to manage your time more efficiently : / why do all these people complain about time wasted when they're not even using the gear they "earned" throughout the week.
Edited by Sohl on 7/8/2011 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just let people with 365's turn them in for free 371's and be done with it.
Reply Quote
71 Human Warlock
Constructively Speaking? ...I just took a look at how the armory shows what vendor I bought my 365 gear from. It clearly shows that I bought it from a different vendor (T'Maire Sydes) than who it was on before this (I believe it was Captain Dirgehammer). So they can easily tell just from that who was affected by this.

All they have to do is tag that gear upon logon making it refundable, and except for the issue of gems and enchants, the problem will be largely fixed! And since it'll only done once a character is logged in, as it's logging in, the effects on server load should be minimal.

What shes saying sounds resonable enough.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Sohl

you still haven't played a single arena match bro, why the rush, learn to manage your time more efficiently : / why do all these people complain about time wasted when they're not even using the gear they "earned" throughout the week.

Are you saying that PvP gear's purpose is for arenas only?
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Couldn't you just put in a Vendor that would take the 365 gear and give the player an equivalent 371 gear. Sure we'd lose gems and enchants, but you wouldn't have to shift through everyone's records . I think the community would be happier with this outcome, and yeah I realize some people would be getting free upgrades but somethings gotta give.

Like I was saying earlier about two different groups of people being upset about the situation... This idea would alleviate both groups, and is probably the easiest thing Blizzard could do. Then everyone gets a clean slate and now we know how arena season transitions will roll from now on.

The problem with that is some people have already replaced 365 pieces with 371 pieces this week. So those people would either be trading for something they already have, or wouldn't even have the 365 piece to trade anymore.

I think the most satisfying solution would be for Blizzard to go through their database and automatically refund anyone for any Vicious gear they bought last week. But that's probably one of those things they say would take months. What a gigantic mistake Blizzard has made...
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
07/08/2011 07:34 PMPosted by Posidend
wait why do i see people that grinded the week before complaining....you should be thankful u got free vicious the week before season 10...how greedy do you haveto be to not earn your gear in arena then complain how it isnt the best gear out there?! the people i understand about the 371 gear are the players that earned their vicious DURING season and waited a week to find out their gear is useless from season (also the 2200 rated players.....i feel for ya.....) .. . my 1200 conqest didnt transfer from the week - idc because i was full visc already, i got gold :) - if u got gear last week with honor (365) dont complain.....u didn't work for it....

So why don't you go to work this week, and tell your boss that you're willing to work for 20-30 extra hours without pay, because getting what you worked for is not a big deal...
Reply Quote
Honestly, at this point in the situation, I think the best course of action would just be to upgrade the purchasable gear, all of it, to their new S10 honor equivalent. At this point the arena season is already a week into it, and serious arena players have long since farmed their honor and done the grind to get into the mid to upper thousands in arena rating. The only "unfair" thing here would be that people who got S9 through Conquest would not need to refarm. Again, that is not such a significant issue at this point.

Two massive mistakes were made with this season transition. Going through all the steps to offer minor compensation to the appropriate players just seems like an excessive waste of time. All this change would do is to help level the playing ground further for the start of S10.

Assuming you make it perfectly clear that your intentions for this season apply to the next one as well, these issues won't arise again.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm happy to see some kind of compensation, even if it might seem inadequate to a large chunk of the player base. I had most of the gear already, only had pants chest and one trinket to buy, but I have guildies who spent much more time in AV and I feel for them. Realistically I can't see Blizz offering a different or more comprehensive compensation, it just doesn't seem like it would be feasible. Everyone has their opinions on this unfortunate screw up, and the improper conversion of points last week combined with this hasn't really helped credibility lately. I just hope this kind of mistake doesn't happen again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]