Season Transition Compensation

See Blizzard? Give PVP an inch and they want 600 miles. You have done more than ever before by saying you will give them 4000 Honor due to the mishap... and they are still complaining that it isn't enough and they want more. These are the people you nerf my PVE game for? These are the people you are WASTING development time on? Why? Really why?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why have 371 at all? Having to re-enchant and regem 371 and then the Ruthless gear seems like abit much when you earn 0 cash from doing pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I spent far, far more than 4000 honor, plus a huge amount of time, on getting a *full* set of 365 gear as fast as I could. As did many. I also enchanted and gemmed this gear.

Simply put, if you don't do much, much better than this, I'm cancelling my account. And I will recommend to everyone else that also plays this game, that they also cancel.

This is not acceptable. Period.

The fact that blizzard is offering any sort of compensation is nice enough, it's amazing how many people are just QQing about the fact they aren't getting everything they spent. You're getting something when nothing had to be provided at all.

Grow up and quit acting like that spoiled kid not getting what they wanted from the store cause there was a delay in the shipment of your new toy you didn't know about
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
If last tuesday I bought enchanting mats because I already had the honor set, am I included in this refund?
Reply Quote
I spent far, far more than 4000 honor, plus a huge amount of time, on getting a *full* set of 365 gear as fast as I could. As did many. I also enchanted and gemmed this gear.

Simply put, if you don't do much, much better than this, I'm cancelling my account. And I will recommend to everyone else that also plays this game, that they also cancel.

This is not acceptable. Period.

The fact that blizzard is offering any sort of compensation is nice enough, it's amazing how many people are just QQing about the fact they aren't getting everything they spent. You're getting something when nothing had to be provided at all.

Grow up and quit acting like that spoiled kid not getting what they wanted from the store cause there was a delay in the shipment of your new toy you didn't know about

It's not so much that they are getting something when nothing had to be provided... its that they are getting something when nothing has EVER been provided before. This is the first time ever that Blizzard is actually giving away something that affects the game (vanity pets and such are different they dont effect gameplay).
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Paladin
My main was already full Vicious before last week, so I spent most of the points I'd accumulated on mats. I would have saved them had I known about the gear upgrade. What about players like myself who spent Honor Points (which we obviously would not have spent had we known about the level 371 items) on something other than gear?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
What about the players that earned all their 365's before season 10 started? We are screwed basicly? any and all advantage we had completely destroyed? Whatsthe point of earning that gear when it's actually a challange to get it, if it's just going to be outdated with higher end gear?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
It's not so much the honor in my case. I played a lot over AV weekend and earned and spent about 40,000 honor. I waited for the opportunity for a while, I booked the time away from my friends and wife to really get my alt's caught up in the PvP scene. I mean it's AV weekend, it's like PvP Christmas!

The biggest problem though is the 10,000 gold I spent on gems and enchants for the 2.5 characters I geared out. That was nearly all the gold I had on my account. So really Blizz, thanks but no thanks. It's not enough at all. I literally feel like you stole from me. Maybe I'm wrong to feel this way, or maybe I'm taking a game too seriously, but either way I've been thinking about it a lot, and it's just the way I feel.

The solution that would be best for me is to have my S9 gear upgraded to the S10 gear, with gems and enchants already on everything. Anything short of that and, at least through my eyes, I do not accept the apology and am still very upset with the company and game.
Edited by Sprinkles on 7/8/2011 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hotfix the stats on the 365 gear so they are the same as the 371.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Just adding another voice to this without trying to be emotional.

I was one of the folks who also grinded out 11 pieces of Vicious gear during that week. I definitely appreciate it when developers (or anyone) come clean when they make mistakes, and developing software is a difficult business. The timeframe it will take to repair things is a bummer sure, but it's a fact of life in software development. Very little is quick and easy, and it all requires a lot of testing, and that takes time.

But the compensation of 4000 honor to take care of the mistake is very disappointing to me as someone who's been a customer since day one, year ago now. As many folks above have mentioned, the lost cost of enchants (e.g., Enchant Bracer - Intellect is 1300g on my server) adds a lot of fuel to the fire for me, that the offering feels like a pittance in comparison to the time and effort that could have been saved. As an example, I was online for almost three full 8-10 hour days cumulatively grinding out these pieces, and I'll be able to get 2 of the 11 back? Disappointing for sure.

I'm sure that you guys have done this, but please consider querying your database if it has timestamps, and grant us the 371 equivalents. I would be 100% willing to eat the cost of the enchants and gems; the grind is the most frustrating part of this exercise and while I forgive the mistake, I am still an unhappy customer with the current offering.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I literally feel like you stole from me. Maybe I'm wrong to feel this way, or maybe I'm taking a game too seriously, but either way I've been thinking about it a lot, and it's just the way I feel.

The solution that would be best for me is to have my S9 gear upgraded to the S10 gear, with gems and enchants already on everything. Anything short of that and, at least through my eyes, I do not accept the apology and am still very upset with the company and game.

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, you do not need to be in the absolute best pvp gear to enjoy pvp. If pvp is nothing but grinding and gearing why bother doing it at all? What's the difference between doing BGs or Arena in bloodthirsty gear compared to vicious?
There is literally no point in replacing the gear you worked hard for if you're just pvping for fun. You have the pvp gear, you have the resil, you have the defense and offensive capability so why the @#$$ make it a huge deal?
By the logic of most of the posters on this thread, if I were to get 371 gear on my fresh 85 Rogue and dueled a player like.. lets say Reckful.. (a 3.1k rated Rogue) and he's in his 365 vicious gear - I should be able to beat him, not because of skill, but because my gear has 140 extra resil and ~6% more stamina and base stats.
Makes sense right?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
When handing out compensation, please think about players like myself who went and spent all of our honor on enchanting goods, thinking that our Honor would be worthless the following season (since we already had all Vicious gear).
Reply Quote
07/08/2011 08:39 PMPosted by Molic
Hotfix the stats on the 365 gear so they are the same as the 371.

Yours is the best idea and the easiest to implement! Blizzard say no 4k free honor and just hotfix 365 to have the same stats as 371 and the PVP community is aware that going forward there will be a new honor set with each new season. Done! Problem solved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]