Season Transition Compensation

85 Night Elf Hunter
too little way too late. since we are getting the 4k honor at 7/19 the soonest, what are we going to buy with that. Most of us, would have bought everything long before then due to holiday weekend. what are we going to do with the honor since there will be nothing to buy? 4k is also too little amount of compensation. since, 2 weeks were lost because of this mishap. 1st week of conquest to honor transition, then one more week of grinding honor to buy useless gear. May be you guys should provide something entirely different, like mounts, epic gems, different gears or bind on Pickup honor tokens. this just leaves sour tastes in the mouth. we will be compensated with something that has no value anymore.
Edited by Silverleaves on 7/8/2011 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Im sure its over simplifying it but...

Your web shows when everyone acheived gear so your software tracks it...

Everyone who obtained season 9 epic during the span of 1 week should have thier gear upgraded to season 10 gear.

I'm not a super nerd when it comes to databases, but the parameters are there. It just takes someone to write the correct query.

If date aquired = X thru Y, then upgrade item A to item B

Blizzard said this is they way things work, spend your points wisely.... I saved all my JP to covert them to HP. The week of the patch I got 5 new PvP epics... more than 4K worth of HP.
Edited by Calair on 7/8/2011 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard is fine with people regrinding the PvP gear.

WoW's PvP = gear grinding. Be happy they are willing to give you anything at all.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Thanks for the info, Bashiok. To all the people complaining, are you really that upset over mistakes? At least Blizzard owned up and said "look guys we goofed, we are going to try our best to fix it, bear with us"; they could have just said "Suck it up, noobs" and went back to counting their piles of cash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Im sure its over simplifying it but...

Your web shows when everyone acheived gear so your software tracks it...

Everyone who obtained season 9 epic during the span of 1 week should have thier gear upgraded to season 10 gear.

I'm not a super nerd when it comes to databases, but the parameters are there. It just takes someone to write the correct query.

If date aquired = X thru Y, then upgrade item A to item B

All 365 gear should be upgraded to 371. People with full 365 prior to the end of the season weren't warned they needed to save up honor for the new 371 gear either.

Just hotfix all the 365 pvp gear to the same stats as 371, easiest thing to do.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard is fine with people regrinding the PvP gear.

WoW's PvP = gear grinding. Be happy they are willing to give you anything at all.
Sure we should be happy that they let us even play the game, they can just take the money.

You should be since that's exactly what you are paying for. Things happen, they aren't going to give anyone 20k+ honor, gems, enchans, etc. That's a pipe dream.
Reply Quote
07/08/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Hetelle

Nice to see at least one person happy with any type of compensation.

You others make me sick. Blizzard is willing to give you more than they have ever before when they made a mistake and you still want more.

Because omitting the change from 365 to 371 in every goddamn patch note for months and months is a mistake right? How does it feel to be a sheep?

Embers being bound to the wrong folks because of BoP bug+no confirmation of bind+not masterlootable was a mistake too however Blizzard is refusing to rectify the issue. You guys are actually getting something from Blizzard making a mistake for the first time ever. And instead of taking it and going well its not the great but we appreciate the gesture... your still complaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
meh life goes on
but i did grind 2-3days of av to get my stuff and about 2k-3k for enchants and gems and so on
but yeah whatever
just gimme 2k gold and i'll be happy
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The best way to fix this honor problem from 365-371 item lvl would be to just give 4000 honor to every one who plays. Doing this would be fair across the board and bring new people who did not pvp before hand into the realm of pvp. Lets all get behind this idea it looks simple.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Meh I'm happy with this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
he is not going to cancel over this. he is just going to let the game expire. he was leaving any way.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
I am not one of the people affected, but I feel for you guys. This is not the first time Blizzard's "miscommunication" has screwed people over.

What I think would be easier (and a lot more fair) is to simply convert the 365 gear people bought to their 371 equivalents. They could even get away with simply converting ALL 365 PvP pieces, as the folks who got their 365 pieces last season are already on their way to their Season 10 Ruthless gear, which is better than the 371 pieces (ilevel 384 I believe). I am not sure if they can quickly tell when an item was purchased so it may be easier to do blanket replacements.

That seems easier to implement from a coding standpoint, rather than spending weeks trying to figure who actually bought the gear.

Just an example (from a quick search on WoWhead):
Vicious Gladiator's Cloak of Alacrity would be replaced with Vicious Gladiator's Cloak of Alacrity
Same stat allocations, just more on the season 10 Vicious
Edited by Bartholamew on 7/8/2011 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]