Patch 4.3

90 Night Elf Death Knight
If you said normal Rag, I would understand that.. but they're on heroic.. Is it normal for any guilds to beat the content within 1 month? less then 1 month? We're not even into 2 weeks of a new patch and you're going to have the content beat already.. Was there any guild that beat content in 2 weeks, within 1 month during vanilla wow? BC? WoTLK?

Guilds that spent a lot of time on the PTR are the ones downing all the normals so quickly and getting onto heroics. The majority of guilds did not spend hours and hours practicing the new bosses so they could be the first ones to down them. From what I've seen, most guilds are between 2-4 bosses on normal at the moment.
Edited by Waffletime on 7/8/2011 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
07/08/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Dafreak
Im pretty sure PUG raids on my server will be downing Fireland bosses in couple of weeks.

pug raids are 3/7 on my server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Executus pugs are already 4/7 normal FL.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
When will patch 4.3 come out? What will it be about?
I ask because 4.2 is released a little over 1 week and top tier guilds have cleared normal firelands and 5/7 in heroic mode..

Last time I checked, 50 people in the whole world are working on Heroic Ragnaros. You're good. We'll have PLENTY of information on patch 4.3 in due time. ;)
Would the alternative response for non-raiding causal players be you have 60 some odd new daily quests and This many *** people have completed them. Speaking from my understanding of what Mr Fargo said in a dev water cooler a while back that is what you made for casuals. Yes there are a number of guilds Who haven't beat the firelands but at the same time there are a number of players who burned thru cataclysm in the first 3 months and slowly fed a small trickle of content sense. I'm not trying to sound condescending but honestly I'm waiting on patch 4.6.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If you said normal Rag, I would understand that.. but they're on heroic.. Is it normal for any guilds to beat the content within 1 month? less then 1 month? We're not even into 2 weeks of a new patch and you're going to have the content beat already..

Was there any guild that beat content in 2 weeks, within 1 month during vanilla wow? BC? WoTLK?

First off, comparing raid models across expansions = doing it wrong.

You do understand that these guilds we're talking about had been farming and testing these bosses on the PTR for months, right? Its not like they just rolled into Firelands and started killing everything blindly.

Plus, do you know the kind of raid weeks those guilds have when content is brand new? They don't do three nights a week for a few hours. They take time away from jobs for the first week or two of a new raid instance and pretty much just go on 4-5 hour benders, take a 1-hour break and then go back at it. They all sleep at the same hours, wake up at the same time and then go back to it.

Your normal WoW player isn't doing what these kids do so its really not a great idea to compare their progress to everything else going on out there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I suspect in a month most guilds will still be struggling to get their first heroic boss down.

That the best of the best are where they are now means they are the best of the best, and they also spend the most time and effort, and did the most planning and work in advance.

There is a big gap between the best of the best and your average guild if you have not noticed.

Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think that since we only recieved 7 raid bosses people simply expected a more challenging experience. Maybe they were wrong for that but you really cannot blame them.

The simple fact that the best are almost done with Heroic mode and the rest are averaging over 50% normal mode completion and pugs are seeing 3/7 all within 2 weeks of release is just making people worried.

It just seems like players will be waiting around for 4.3 while they bang their heads against heroic modes that they may or may not even have an interest in.

Speaking personally as a gamer, I guess I just don't share that perspective. If I'm having fun, it's all gravy. I'm not thinking to myself, "wait, am I doing too good? What will I do next week if I'm too successful this week?"

Go play. Have fun. Get loot. You have stuff left to do yet, so there isn't much reason to raise concerns about running out of content now. Venture onward. Impress me. Impress us all. You alone are assigned this feat.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Last time I checked, 50 people in the whole world are working on Heroic Ragnaros. You're good. We'll have PLENTY of information on patch 4.3 in due time. ;)

If you said normal Rag, I would understand that.. but they're on heroic.. Is it normal for any guilds to beat the content within 1 month? less then 1 month? We're not even into 2 weeks of a new patch and you're going to have the content beat already..

Was there any guild that beat content in 2 weeks, within 1 month during vanilla wow? BC? WoTLK?
It's far worse than that dude. The only reason the heroic wasn't beaten in the first 2 days after release is because blizzard took substantial action to stop this from happening.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I think that since we only recieved 7 raid bosses people simply expected a more challenging experience. Maybe they were wrong for that but you really cannot blame them.

The simple fact that the best are almost done with Heroic mode and the rest are averaging over 50% normal mode completion and pugs are seeing 3/7 all within 2 weeks of release is just making people worried.

It just seems like players will be waiting around for 4.3 while they bang their heads against heroic modes that they may or may not even have an interest in.

Speaking personally as a gamer, I guess I just don't share that perspective. If I'm having fun, it's all gravy. I'm not thinking to myself, "wait, am I doing too good? What will I do next week if I'm too successful this week?"

Go play. Have fun. Get loot. You have stuff left to do yet, so there isn't much reason to raise concerns about running out of content now. Venture onward. Impress me. Impress us all. You alone are assigned this feat.
Mission Impossible: The Quest for more Fun.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Sounds like the Devs are mad.
Reply Quote

I think I love you :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
TOO SOON!

srsly, hasnt been 2 weeks yet
TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just hope 4.3 has at least 1 new heroic.

Please?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
07/08/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
Get loot.

Tell that to holy priest, hehehe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/08/2011 07:09 PMPosted by Zarhym

Translation = Soon™
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]