seriously?

85 Human Rogue
i bought 50 living embers for 500k from a guy and my account was closed and later reopened the items were removed but the gold will not be reimbursed because i refered to the guy as a gold farmer in guild chat.

just because i called him a gold farmer doenst mean i literally knew he was a gold farmer i mean who hasnt called someone who buys alot of stuff or sells alot of stuff a gold farmer? apparntly we are suppose to watch who we buy stuff from in game because blizzard has a problem with hackers and this makes it our problem to deal with.

and you can post bla bla what ever about this isnt the 1st time this happend to me but you are dead wrong and better learn the facts forum gm. my account was closed once before by your automated system for doing a large trade but you reopened it and apologized to me because the items were legit these r 2 completely different cases.

just thought id share this tid bit with the wow community i petitioned the gm's finding and they told me that it is final and if i open another ticket etc it will be ignored and not responded to. your current rules are not hurting the gold farmers and screw over innocnet ppl like me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
lol sorry to hear your misfortune, but any way you look at it if 500k gold is a lot for anyone to have and if blizz didn't have a good reason to do what they did they most likely wouldn't of done it.

gotta poke some fun too, as an I Insomniaxe I, which is one or was at one point one of the top guilds on korial, this doesn't make yall look too good ;)

let us know how the petition works out we're all curious.
Edited by Ryooni on 7/10/2011 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/10/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Ryooni
if blizz didn't have a good reason to do what they did they most likely wouldn't of done it.

That's almost as bad as "The government knows what's best".

Seriously?

Petitions will be ignored? Absurd.

So, you've basically been docked 500,000 gold for calling someone a gold farmer?

If the facts as you present them are true...

I know what I'd do.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
07/10/2011 04:03 AMPosted by Mctree
That's almost as bad as "The government knows what's best".

hey it's Blizz's game, that's like saying if you live in an apartment and your landlord forclosed on it and the bank wants you out, they can and will put you out even if you didn't do anything wrong.

not saying he's guilty or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/10/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Ryooni
as an I Insomniaxe I, which is one or was at one point one of the top guilds on korial, this doesn't make yall look too good ;)

07/10/2011 07:35 AMPosted by Ryooni
not saying he's guilty or not.

Just implying it?

I've seen sj using trade chat for YEARS to buy/sell hi ticket items. He's spent his /time played and his /cash to blizz for many years.

Just backing up a long time friend. Why are you posting?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Interesting does this mean that blizz is monitoring all chats for keywords or did someone in his guild report him.

Although even in Guild chat calling someone a gold farmer is slander. Although meant in jest, slander is slander no matter how you look at it, and yes even online someone does have a rep and false claims like Souljaxx's is slanderous.

Although their reply was their final decision I hope they can reverse it, I know souljaxx is a stand up bunch of pixel made up of binary 1's and 0's.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Although even in Guild chat calling someone a gold farmer is slander. Although meant in jest, slander is slander no matter how you look at it, and yes even online someone does have a rep and false claims like Souljaxx's is slanderous.

slander?
Wild theory. Nobody said anything about sj being punished 500,000 for name calling.

I think the basic story is, "you did wrong by buying from this person".

The "person" he bought the items from has never been mentioned by name, has he?
07/09/2011 11:59 PMPosted by Souljaxx
i bought 50 living embers for 500k from a guy

How can you slander "a guy"? Did this do damage to his (nobody seems to know who he was) reputation?

I've seen people called a LOT worse than "gold farmer" without any action being taken.

FREE SOULJAXX'S GOLD!
Edited by Mctree on 7/10/2011 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
How can you slander "a guy"? Did this do damage to his (nobody seems to know who he was) reputation?

Sure you can slander someone in game easily destroying someone's rep. Myself I'm working hard to build a rep, don't charge for ports, combines, will log on alt to help someone open a lock box or another combine on any other profession.

If I am on my miner, and just ignore someone, eventually in Trade word could go around that I am a bot or that I bot. But I don't so now you have trade talking about it. If I mention something in trade then I have a bunch of people all screaming don't listen to them they bot or cheat etc...

How many times in trade have you seen others scream at someone that so and so is a ninja, sure maybe they are but I wonder how many times someone is just screaming that because they are sore they lost a roll fair and square?

Just something to think about.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Okay so, if i call someone a noob in Goldshire, then run 3's with them and get T2, does that mean it'll be taken away after? Same thing. I think they should at least give your gold back. I mean you are in a fact, a huge backbone to our servers auction house. Seems like a totally shallow thing to do on blizzards end imo.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
only thing left to do is wait on a blues response to this, if OP doesn't get one we know their final answer. this is like talking about Ghostcrawler you won't get anywhere.

there is an imposter among us, please someone save Souljaxx's dignity

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794772523
Edited by Ryooni on 7/10/2011 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sure you can slander someone in game easily destroying someone's rep. Myself I'm working hard to build a rep, don't charge for ports, combines, will log on alt to help someone open a lock box or another combine on any other profession.

You don't get my point, you can't slander someone if you don't MENTION who they are.

For example:
There's this guy I know on korial. He's ninjaed so much loot he's had to spend a fortune on name changes.

I didn't Slander anyone. Because I didn't name names.
Get it?
But his initials are Hordeslasher. (jk)
Now THAT'S slander!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'll open another petition about it but im sure they just don't feel like going through all the logs to find out how much gold I traded. I personally think the gm's r just lazy and don't wanna put the time into getting my gold back lol.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
07/10/2011 11:36 PMPosted by Mctree
You don't get my point, you can't slander someone if you don't MENTION who they are.

I know what your point is but in SJ's original post he stated he called the guy a gold farmer, now we could assume that he either named him or not unless SJ states it we both would be speculating on that point.

Not knowing much about the other account I was basing a theory as to why SJ was dealt with the way he was. Now there is more info out there, slander would not be the case.

07/11/2011 02:27 PMPosted by Souljaxx
I'll open another petition about it but im sure they just don't feel like going through all the logs to find out how much gold I traded. I personally think the gm's r just lazy and don't wanna put the time into getting my gold back lol.

Good luck I hope something good happens.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
07/11/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Fräctal
unless SJ states it we both would be speculating on that point

agreed, he's not giving enough info to make his case.

just because i called him a gold farmer doenst mean i literally knew he was a gold farmer i mean who hasnt called someone who buys alot of stuff or sells alot of stuff a gold farmer?

people would only call who you bought off of a gold farm if he was a level 1 or 2, which in this case you don't tell us what level he was you just say 'some guy', I'm guessing you'll say he was an 85 now.

apparntly we are suppose to watch who we buy stuff from in game because blizzard has a problem with hackers and this makes it our problem to deal with.

yes please watch who you buy anything off of, if it's a level 1 or 2, most likely it's a gold seller and you'll find yourself in this situation.

gl!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]