Starter Addition Twink?

20 Troll Mage
Hi,

On a Starter Addition Account (Free up to level 20), is it possible to make a twink character?
A really terrible twink, sure. The gold limit is going to make it tough for you to gear your twink and get it properly enchanted though.
Hi,

On a Starter Addition Account (Free up to level 20), is it possible to make a twink character?
Its going to be hard to equip a twink without the ability to mail him stuff. Starter = unable to use mailboxes.

Also, trial account (or starter account) only last for 10 days.
60 Troll Hunter
Its going to be hard to equip a twink without the ability to mail him stuff. Starter = unable to use mailboxes.

Also, trial account (or starter account) only last for 10 days.

Actually with 4.2 patch there are no longer time limits on the trials. But brackets for PvP are lvl x0-x4 and x5 - x9 so you'd find your self against higher level characters. without mailing capabilites and the gold limits you might have a problem.
Yeah, you'd get destroyed probably. No enchants, no money, no way to really get money and you'd be playing against level 24's with everything that you don't have.

It doesn't matter though, since at level 20 on a trial you will be put into the twink battleground (with players with XP turned off). So you'll get to see what you're up against.

I'm not sure if there is a big 20-24 twinking group anyway? I know there is a big level 19 twinking group.
20 Dwarf Hunter
Yeah, you'd get destroyed probably. No enchants, no money, no way to really get money and you'd be playing against level 24's with everything that you don't have.

It doesn't matter though, since at level 20 on a trial you will be put into the twink battleground (with players with XP turned off). So you'll get to see what you're up against.

I'm not sure if there is a big 20-24 twinking group anyway? I know there is a big level 19 twinking group.

Starter Edition is not limited to the XP off BG's at level 20 you get "lumped" into the standard 20-24 bracket.
85 Night Elf Druid
07/11/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Scattershot
Starter Edition is not limited to the XP off BG's at level 20 you get "lumped" into the standard 20-24 bracket.

Wrong. When you cannot gain any more experience, be it from voluntarily turning it off or reaching the level cap for your account, you are put into the XP off battlegrounds. Players at level 20 on trial accounts are put into the 20-24 bracket of twinks, which is a bloody place.

Are you sure about that? I remember them getting lumped into the XP off group. Is that a new change?

I guess I'd imagine though with many new 20's on trials that they would make the queue seem like it's that way.

But from my understanding any way in which you have XP halted, be it from the trial, not having all the expansions or talking to the guy in ORg/Sw you will be in the xp bracket.
90 Night Elf Warrior

Are you sure about that? I remember them getting lumped into the XP off group. Is that a new change?

I guess I'd imagine though with many new 20's on trials that they would make the queue seem like it's that way.

But from my understanding any way in which you have XP halted, be it from the trial, not having all the expansions or talking to the guy in ORg/Sw you will be in the xp bracket.

When I had xp off at 80, I could not queue with another lvl 80 that did not have cata. This leads me to believe that the person without the proper xpac still gets put into the regular BG queue while the person who explicitly turned off xp would be put into the twink one.
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 7/11/2011 7:20 PM PDT
20 Dwarf Hunter
07/11/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Icedragon

Wrong. When you cannot gain any more experience, be it from voluntarily turning it off or reaching the level cap for your account, you are put into the XP off battlegrounds. Players at level 20 on trial accounts are put into the 20-24 bracket of twinks, which is a bloody place.

Ummm RIGHT, i just got out of a WG with each side having about 5-7 level 20's and the rest a mix from 21-24
85 Night Elf Druid
07/11/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Pizzathehutt
When I had xp off at 80, I could not queue with another lvl 80 that did not have cata. This leads me to believe that the person without the proper xpac still gets put into the regular BG queue while the person who explicitly turned off xp would be put into the twink one.

How did you figure that out? I'm just wondering, because folks that don't have Cataclysm (and thus have a level 80 cap) are put into the same battlegrounds as people who opt to turn off experience gains at level 80. Otherwise people would stop upgrading their account just to twink, which is part of why twinks were so numerous and painful before the option to turn off exp gains was introduced.

07/11/2011 07:21 PMPosted by Scattershot
Ummm RIGHT, i just got out of a WG with each side having about 5-7 level 20's and the rest a mix from 21-24

You just confirmed what I said.
Edited by Icedragon on 7/11/2011 7:23 PM PDT
07/11/2011 07:21 PMPosted by Scattershot

Which is what I said. THe 20-24 twink bracket is probably full of a lot of trial accounts. You're still not in the regular bracket.
20 Dwarf Hunter

Which is what I said. THe 20-24 twink bracket is probably full of a lot of trial accounts. You're still not in the regular bracket.

Why would someone twink at level 21, 22, or 23? yes it wasnt just level 20's ands 24's
90 Night Elf Warrior
07/11/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Icedragon

How did you figure that out? I'm just wondering, because folks that don't have Cataclysm (and thus have a level 80 cap) are put into the same battlegrounds as people who opt to turn off experience gains at level 80. Otherwise people would stop upgrading their account just to twink, which is part of why twinks were so numerous and painful before the option to turn off exp gains was introduced.

We got error messages when we tried to queue together that the other person was not available to queue. The only explanation I could get by asking on the BG forums about the bug was that one person had xp off and the other (who did not have the proper expansion) did not. The person I was queueing with mentioned that they got the same error message on a lvl 40 toon when they had xp off and the person they were grouped with did not. I could very well be wrong, but this was the conclusion that was reached.
85 Night Elf Druid

Why would someone twink at level 21, 22, or 23? yes it wasnt just level 20's ands 24's

Because they want to do it for kicks? Players of all levels are in the twink brackets, not just at the top end of the levels. Some players turn off their experience gains for a break from questing or running dungeons to play in more competitive PvP for a while, then go back to leveling. Just because you wouldn't do something doesn't mean other players won't.

Some people probably don't even know any better. Not everyone in the xp off bracket is a twink. Some people like to turn xp off for god knows what reason.

Your evidence is rather anecdotal. Blizz made it so that all xp off accounts are in the xp off battlegrounds. I remember when they changed it. There were massive amounts of people capping at 60 or 70 to roll AV's all day long.

85 Night Elf Druid
07/11/2011 07:28 PMPosted by Pizzathehutt
The person I was queueing with mentioned that they got the same error message on a lvl 40 toon when they had xp off and the person they were grouped with did not.

It should be very obvious that you cannot queue for PvP together if one person has experience disabled while the other does not (and isn't capped by their account).
90 Night Elf Warrior
07/11/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Icedragon
The person I was queueing with mentioned that they got the same error message on a lvl 40 toon when they had xp off and the person they were grouped with did not.

It should be very obvious that you cannot queue for PvP together if one person has experience disabled while the other does not (and isn't capped by their account).

Then why did we get the error message about the queue not being available when one person had xp off and the other person was capped by their account?
85 Blood Elf Mage
Hi,

if i ever made a twink i would just be a 19 twink. and go to org and learn to stop learning EXP. and then i would just do my best to get enchants from people... gold will be yur biggest probelm. trying to buy gear and stuff
85 Night Elf Druid
07/11/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Pizzathehutt
Then why did we get the error message about the queue not being available when one person had xp off and the other person was capped by their account?

Go put it in the bug report forum, because you should be able to both queue. Are you sure your friend was capped by account? Both of you go into the same battleground with the exp-off players regardless how your exp is stopped.

Just skimming the bug report forum it seems like the battleground queue system has been glitchy for a while.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]