4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

22 Tauren Druid
My question is to anyone, but mainly Blizzard in general. Anyhow this will now be a open discussion regarding anyone thoughts on how 4.2 has been holding up to high end guilds.

As of right now: 10:44am 7/7/2011 2 guilds in the World, Paragon and Method have cleared all the Regular content within 1 day, over 50% of the heroic encounters (5/7), and raiding has only been accessible for heroic encounters about 2days or so. And seeing as EU has a different downtime I'd say a day and half at most.

Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this? I'm speaking on behalf of a hardcore raider, not some " casual " or whatever you wanna call it normal mode guild. It's only been 2 weeks only 2 days into week two and your content is being killed so fast.

Theres two options the last two bosses will be like " wall Bosses " like SWP's guildbreaker boss M'uru, or overtuned like HM LK. Anyhow...will the rumored WoA be out sooner then we think, as Firelands seems to be falling over extremely FAST. Or will it be like T11, we're sitting with the same content for 7 and a half months. (Possibly one of the many reasons the 600k sub drop is what it is.)

Anyhow...atleast T11 Heroics stood a chance, we didin't see HM Nef/Ala'kirs for atleast 3+weeks. Given that the xpac launched and what not, still the time difference is there.

So the question comes once again Blizzard, did you expect FL to be cleared so fast, given the time we had to wait, I personally expected something better then 7bosses to roll my face over. EVEN ON Heroic mode yes.
Edited by Moohots on 7/7/2011 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Unless they simply make some of the bosses unbeatable or simply inaccessible, there's very little they can do about having the top .00001% of the player base clearing all their new content in under a month.

And as you can tell by that number, it's an insignificant amount of players in the scheme of things.
Edited by Spechunt on 7/7/2011 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Log onto your main please. I want to see your hardcore raiding experience. Not doubting it. I just like looking :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
i love how people live vicariously through the top 100 people playing when they themselves probably wont even clear all the reg modes =p.
Reply Quote
78 Goblin Rogue
So Paragon and Method didn't get a month to lock down the regular modes?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
You talk as though this content wasn't on the PTR for a month or five.

Find the highest ranked guild in which none of the players went on the PTR. How well are they doing?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
My guild spent last week learning the fights, and we 1 shot 6/7 this week, and doin Rag tonight. No PTR experience except for zoning in and looking around.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
You talk as though this content wasn't on the PTR for a month or five.

Find the highest ranked guild in which none of the players went on the PTR. How well are they doing?

The bottom line is that the normal mode Firelands bosses are pushovers. They are easy to kill and don't take more than a couple of attempts to learn, with the exception of Rag and Alysrazor.

No one in my guild went on the PTR. Hell, most of us hadn't even watched kill videos. If we didn't have absences during the first week, we would have had Rag down on Sunday, allowing us to work on hardmodes this week.

I'm pretty sure there are tons of guilds who are better than us and did not play on the PTR.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If you cleared Heroic Tier 11 raids and are geared up with 372 gear then you overgear Normal Tier 12 and it will be easy mode for your guild.

Move on to Heroic Tier 12 as soon as possible and forget about Normal modes being easy for you. The raid you need to be worrying about is HEROIC Tier 12.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 7/7/2011 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
BC launched January 16, 2007. Nightbane was dead January 28th. That's with leveling.

Gruul, although severely overtuned, died February 3rd.

Magtheridon was so grossly overtuned that most guild were skipping him entirely. He was, however, killed February 24, 2007.

The Black Temple opened May 22, 2007. Illidan died June 5th.

Sunwell opened March 25, 2008. The three available bosses were dead on the 26th. Kil'jaeden was made available on May 20th. He was dead on the 25th.

Aside from gating or being broken, very rarely do any bosses last very long. Granted, there have been a few that just required a very high degree of coordination and gear that lasted a while. But you can count them on one hand.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You're talking about guilds that would consider spending $25 each just to get a faction transfer if it would be an allowable edge. Psychos who'd cheat at solitare if they could win faster.

Who cares. The opposite of Casual is omfgSeriouslyIWouldNeverDoThat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Once Blizzard stops using their players as game testers top guilds will clear content at a much slower pace.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
07/07/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Celivan
My guild spent last week learning the fights, and we 1 shot 6/7 this week, and doin Rag tonight. No PTR experience except for zoning in and looking around.

If you cleared Heroic Tier 11 raids and are geared up with 372 gear then you overgear Normal Tier 12 and it will be easy mode for your guild.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
07/07/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Moohots
I'm speaking on behalf of a hardcore raider, not some " casual " or whatever you wanna call it normal mode guild

And who among hardcore raiders asked you to speak on their behalf?
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Mage
High end guilds that clear content like this in the first 2 weeks are 2-3 thousand people out of 11-12 million. Why do so many of the other 11 million care so much?
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
BC launched January 16, 2007. Nightbane was dead January 28th. That's with leveling.

Gruul, although severely overtuned, died February 3rd.

Magtheridon was so grossly overtuned that most guild were skipping him entirely. He was, however, killed February 24, 2007.

The Black Temple opened May 22, 2007. Illidan died June 5th.

Sunwell opened March 25, 2008. The three available bosses were dead on the 26th. Kil'jaeden was made available on May 20th. He was dead on the 25th.

Aside from gating or being broken, very rarely do any bosses last very long. Granted, there have been a few that just required a very high degree of coordination and gear that lasted a while. But you can count them on one hand.
after anub'arak was released in the fifth part of ToC's gating, my server puged him. the day he was released. on 25man.

a few servers already have firelands PuGs. not just guild kills, but alt character PuGs.

firelands is this expansion's ToC. it's a joke.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
07/07/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Silkysmooth
Once Blizzard stops using their players as game testers top guilds will clear content at a much slower pace.

The pace at which the top guilds clear content isn't any more relevant to how an encounter should be designed for a mass audience than World swim records are to whether you should make your high school swim team.

If Blizzard designed everything around the best of the best, then they will suffer the fate of Everquest and be a niche game whose main customer base are people with way too much free time.

And I'm pretty sure there are lot fewer of those people than the current number of WoW subscribers - several million fewer.

I agree the speed at which top guilds clear content is irrelevant. My point was the guilds the OP is complaining about had weeks (months?) to attempt the content on PTR
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Also, as long as Heroics offer a challenge to decent raiding guilds, what's so bad about having normal modes be easy?

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Isn't there a similar topic by the same Op?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]