4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

85 Blood Elf Priest
My question is to anyone, but mainly Blizzard in general. Anyhow this will now be a open discussion regarding anyone thoughts on how 4.2 has been holding up to high end guilds.

As of right now: 10:44am 7/7/2011 2 guilds in the World, Paragon and Method have cleared all the Regular content within 1 day, over 50% of the heroic encounters (5/7), and raiding has only been accessible for heroic encounters about 2days or so. And seeing as EU has a different downtime I'd say a day and half at most.

Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this? I'm speaking on behalf of a hardcore raider, not some " casual " or whatever you wanna call it normal mode guild. It's only been 2 weeks only 2 days into week two and your content is being killed so fast.

Theres two options the last two bosses will be like " wall Bosses " like SWP's guildbreaker boss M'uru, or overtuned like HM LK. Anyhow...will the rumored WoA be out sooner then we think, as Firelands seems to be falling over extremely FAST. Or will it be like T11, we're sitting with the same content for 7 and a half months. (Possibly one of the many reasons the 600k sub drop is what it is.)

Anyhow...atleast T11 Heroics stood a chance, we didin't see HM Nef/Ala'kirs for atleast 3+weeks. Given that the xpac launched and what not, still the time difference is there.

So the question comes once again Blizzard, did you expect FL to be cleared so fast, given the time we had to wait, I personally expected something better then 7bosses to roll my face over. EVEN ON Heroic mode yes.

Speaking on behalf of a hardcore raider? Or being a hardcore raider yourself? Since you posted on a lvl 22 alt, its hard to tell. When I see your "hardcoreness" out there for everyone to see, I'll decide whether you should be asking these questions. What someone else does that quickly is not a meter stick for everyone else in the world. And besides, this stuff was on the PTR for like... months. Of COURSE someone in those hardcore guilds is going to have the strats down already.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

I just want to say, as someone that is hoping to get to the heroic modes soon, some of the encounters are a little brief and easy on normal for us(but apparently they're pretty difficult for other guilds I've talked with.)

By far the one I have been having the most fun with, even though we barely tried it tonight since it was close to the end of our raid time, is Alysrazor...I think this encounter is the best I have had in a long time. If we end up raiding this Sunday like we plan to since I don't think a lot of us have anything going on that night...I hope we down it but I've had a lot of fun on the 7 attempts or so we put in tonight.

Maybe it's because I'm the person that gets the 3 feathers and gets to star fox it out while dpsing while casting (Something that took me a couple attempts to get down, and something when given the chance I'm going to aim to try to do every time)

I've got a few realID friends that are saying that the content is super easy because of the top progressed guilds on their servers have already started heroic modes...when they themselves are either as progressed as me in normal or slightly ahead. I have a few friends on this server that are about your average player that still have yet to down a boss and are having a very fun time with it.

It varies guild to guild, person to person. It really all just depends on how quickly the people you're with can grasp the concept of the mechanics and plow through it; along with you have to realize all of those guilds that hit 7/7 had had 13/13 heroic mode T11 on farm for quite some time (or at least most of them did) and were all very over geared for this content.

EDIT: By soon I do mean within the next couple weeks, we only raid 3 nights a week and 2 1/2 hours a night. Normally with the first half hour either clearing trash/getting everyone there and ready while the officers discuss what we're going to be doing for the night.
Edited by Lose on 7/8/2011 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/07/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Hoernbeme
Well what CAN we juggle than? This is bullroar!! I pay my $15, I should be able to juggle anything I want. Epic Fail, Blizz!!

i hate to feed trolls but this is amusing
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

It's never about how easy or hard it is, but by about how much fun you have doing it.

Professor Putricide, Rotface and Festergut were fun, not only because of the mechanics, but because of the things they said during the encounter. I will forever miss those 3.

Firelands is really fun. That's all there is to it. It's awesome to be part of this epic story going on. I don't really care if it's super hard or super easy. The game is supposed to be fun. Hard Modes are hard, normal modes are engaging. I find myself being challenged in some parts of the raid encounter and I will forever list Firelands as one of my favorite places to raid.

That's my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
TG
Until you personally are in there and clearing all of the firelands bosses, please don't even try to say they are "easy" encounters. They're mostly just consistency checks but are still very unforgiving and will cause a lot of guilds a huge amount of problems.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
07/08/2011 12:38 AMPosted by Vareesa
When it comes to the social standards in WoW, the Dungeon Finder has definitely ruined the game for that aspect. Its your choice to agree or not.

Agreed.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pretty sure them high end guilds practice and practice on the PTR till content comes out, and then breeze through it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Cop Out
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
games are designed to be won

if you want to play a game that beats your head into the ground with how hard it is, I suggest something indie where the developer doesn't give a crap about everyone else playing the game and will pander it to how THEY want it to be.

video game design has evolved beyond the need for making games ridiculously hard so you must keep putting coins in, and also because - and bear with me - having a 7 month cycle of content isn't too bad when you consider how long people have to wait between content updates on other titles they like.

For example, I'd been waiting for zelda-twilight princess ever since wind waker. 3 years, waiting for another console zelda game.

YOU GUYS HAVE IT LUCKY. You get story and content updates extremely often, whereas other games, let's put an rpg in there, let's say dragon age 1-2, how long did you guys wait for a sequel to that? 1-2 years? for a game that took (well, took me about 50 hours for a complete inc. dlc).

yes, blizzard has more money than god, but skilled people don't grow on trees.

And neither does time.

I imagine the blizzard employees have lives too without waiting on the beck and call of what I'd call a gluttonous mob.

One day, WoW will be gone.

And then all of you will realise how much effort and love actually went into this game.

Except for tyrande. Nobody loves tyrande anymore. Especially not malfurion. I think he's cheating on her with ysera.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Catas theme seems to be 'we want players raiding less, we want players playing less, somehow thats a good thing'

the sooner that guilds clear all these bosses the sooner they can get back to enjoying the summer break and doing stuff outside the game. there will be plenty of time for raiding in 8 months when the next tier is released.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
(Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

You know not many folks read disclaimers?

I actually agree to many people look at what others do and say it's easy, rather then using their own experience. I mean look at many forum posters you'd swear everyone was 13/13 heroic, 4 months ago, by the claims made here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'll never understand why people care about how others are playing this game. The guilds that have already progressed have been doing the normal mode fights on the PTR for months, not to mention they are the top .5% or whatever of the player population.

Have you even downed a single boss in Firelands yet? Probably not since your too afraid to post on your main. Hell have you even cleared t11 content yet? Again, probably not.

I don't see the point in getting all worked up over the top guilds in the world having cleared normal mode already. For a lot of people normal mode means nothing. These people are already full geared in t11 HM gear, of course they are going to faceroll normal t12.

Blizz doesn't design content around these top players so whatever their pace is doesn't determine if content is too easy or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Have you even downed a single boss in Firelands yet? Probably not since your too afraid to post on your main. Hell have you even cleared t11 content yet? Again, probably not.

2/7 - 13/13. I downed 2 bosses my 1st time in the Firelands. The bosses were awesome, challenging, and fun. Who cares what the best of the best of the best guilds do, unless you are in them and then the point is to finish all the heroic modes in a matter of days or weeks.

Also, the 2nd tier of raid content always goes down faster. Players are heroically geared from Tier 11 which allows them to skip the normal modes all together. No big difference between ilvl 372 and 378. When we started Tier11 we had346 and 333 gear, not gear just 6 ilvls lowers then normal mode raid gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Catas theme seems to be 'we want players raiding less, we want players playing less, somehow thats a good thing'

the sooner that guilds clear all these bosses the sooner they can get back to enjoying the summer break and doing stuff outside the game. there will be plenty of time for raiding in 8 months when the next tier is released.

I'm confused, you raved bloody murder over the raids being so hard in tier 11. Now tier 12 is easier, tier 11 is nerfed, and you're still unhappy?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
One of my college math professors once told me:

"As an instructor, I tell my graduate assistants that when they make an exam for their class, they then need to take it and be able to finish it in 5 minutes. If they cannot, then the class cannot be expected to finish it in the allotted hour given for the exam."
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Just because some people have no life and are willing to raid 18 hours a day for 7 days straight doesn't mean the encounters are to easy. I'll bet Beleroc has been pulled more than 25,000 times and yet only been killed 8 times. The instance is fine and I might add that it's fun!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/08/2011 06:11 AMPosted by Persona
Just because some people have no life and are willing to raid 18 hours a day for 7 days straight doesn't mean the encounters are to easy. I'll bet Beleroc has been pulled more than 25,000 times and yet only been killed 8 times. The instance is fine and I might add that it's fun!

Fun? What is this fun!? Raiding's all about being annoyed and worrying about how well other people are doing!
Reply Quote

Really? Then maybe you should remove World/Server First announcements from the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]