4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Huh? What are you talking about?

I am still collecting the 150 mark of the world tree to open up more quests (I suppose). And another 150 (I presume) to open up more. How are you able to clear the entire 4.2 content now?

So please be specific in your title.

As for downing raid bosses in whatever mode, I don't give a dime. Seriously. I enjoy questing and causal heroic 5-man'ing. Until I get my hands onto the epic reward of Avenger of Hjyal, 4.2 is far from cleared.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Guilds spend all their time on the PTR so they breeze through Live.

Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Blizzard isn't going to stop .05% of the playerbase from smashing through the content. Those people don't leave their houses. I don't care that they beat it already and I'm sure Blizzard doesn't either.

If they want to push so hard at a game that they crush the hard level raids in two weeks, that is their deal. Unless Blizz puts in a hard barrier to entry like an unlock or an impassable object nothing can stop this.

It would be a gross misuse of Blizzard resources to design patches that are so long in length and so difficult that no one can beat anything. It would drive the player base away.

I also find it mildly amusing that hardcore players who haven't beat the content are complaining about extreme hardcore guilds tackling the content.

You haven't done it yet. Its not your concern.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Daxxarri. Thank-you!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
That's what is wrong with having a PTR.

Sort of like the Germans letting us do a dry run invading Normandy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
07/07/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Ciirestrazsa
And the only really big changes were to tanking druids, paladin class altogether, and healing.

LOL.

Hunters apparently don't exist in your game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.
Well before I say of 4.2 I would like to make a comment (that I am sure will be lost amidst the many other posts), WoW has changed to less challenging. From Vanilla, BC, LK, Now Cata. Raid content difficulty has gone down since then. Even though Cata tried to revive that difficulty it still failed. Not because of just content but also player changes made through the years. A level 60 group would struggle at times in a raid. When there was only the player setup of Vanilla or BC. LK and further into Cata. Has made player abilities much more rich and dealing. And now a level 60 group of today would suffer far less in 60 content. Vs. a group from Vanilla or BC. What does this have to do with things? Simply this concept is applied to even later raids. Even in pvp it too a bit longer to kill players in Vanilla and BC than it does now. Even dungeon content at any level had its moderate challenges. Now since removed from all the changes. You just mass pull without worry and grind them down. Rather than figure the dungeons and their mechanics. Its pure grinding and hack and slash. The next expansion I'm sure we'll all start out at max level with the best gear already equipped. Some may think this is QQ, others will know this as true. As that it is. WoW has been getting easier not harder. I have 10 toons. I have played every class. I started my adventure into WoW for almost my first year only with one toon. A warrior, before gaining the others. I would ask Blizzard to make things harder without giving said content later nerfs. Because people think its hard. That should be the challenge, not the cripple of a game. Either you can do it, or you can't. While some think the character changes were nice, maybe. However, as most would agree BC is where Blizzard had a lot more right and balanced. True not everything was, but it was a time it had the best balance. And not every class could tank just about and heal themselves .. Maybe one day this will change but for now its a sad reflection of what it once was. I still enjoy it, so don't think I wish to leave. Just miss the more difficulty that it had. Some will say oh ya well do this raid or that raid. And I will say did you do a level 60 raid in Vanilla, or a level 70 raid in BC? That content by far exceeds the content now. So one can only hope it changes for the better. One of which is dumbing down players stats and abilities to make things also harder. Cata is filled with classes who now all have their capacities to OP. Not just one class like some may say, sure maybe a OP of all the OP-ness can be found. Though all classes are OP in their own right now. Which was why I mentioned taking a level 60 raid with classes of today and doing it with 60's. And you will see how much more OP they are, then when that content was available. Etc etc. In short 4.2 will just be another step in the wrong direction.
Edited by Sünde on 7/8/2011 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Epic was when I dinged 60 after 15 days /played
Epic was when I completed my 8pc dungeon set after my 20th+ run in UBRS finally getting my chest piece
Epic was when my guild killed Ragnaros after all 40 people started in blues on Lucifron 8mo prior
Epic was when I saw the gong rang in front of the AQ gates
Epic was calling in air support, Ivus, ground support, goblin shredders, etc in the DAYS long AV!

I've been chasing that drug called Epic ever since.

This guy understands what epic means. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please don't try to juxtapose juggling eight chainsaws (extraordinarily difficult) with the PvE aspect of World of Warcraft as it currently is (terribly easy, accessible, and unappealing).

The two are markedly different. If we were talking about Sunwell I might find your argument plausible.

Have you considered your own arguments might be plausible if you posted on a character that shows you've easily completed these raids? Posts like this only prove Daxx's point: You're judging content that you yourself haven't done.

And it was, when it was called Molten Core.

Maybe you should actually try out the new raid? There's quite a few bosses and mechanics that I don't remember from the old Molten Core.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
People have had YEARS to learn the ins and outs of this game, it would be pretty much impossible to make content which allows the hardcore crowd to have trouble with the content while still making it easy enough for the casual crowd to have a shot at it..
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

Bwahahaha... this is actually a pretty good analogy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Have you considered your own arguments might be plausible if you posted on a character that shows you've easily completed these raids?

My main retired after Sunwell because of what was in my argument, terribly easy, accessible, and unappealing.

I quit because the content was terribly easy, made more accessibility, and entirely unappealing. The fact that I, and many others, speaks to this fact. I don't need a character to have complete the current raids to call them easy.

And yet again Daxx's point, you're judging content you've never touched. You really actually do have to try out the content in order to call it easy.

Any real PvE'er from the good ol' days will tell you that it's not about the mechanics of a boss, it's about the boss himself (or herself). Recycled content is still recycled. I don't care if there are molten bals rolling around now. It's still Ragnaros.

Any gamer would tell you a fight it all about the mechanics and challenge, not the name on the boss.

Edit: If they changed Rag's name to Bob, would that suddenly make the world of difference to you?
Edited by Kurnea on 7/8/2011 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I agree ...don't just go saying content is easy because the top guilds already cleared it. My group has downed just 1 but we are enjoying the raid.

(Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

This made me laugh. XD
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My main retired after Sunwell because of what was in my argument, "terribly easy, accessible, and unappealing" content.

I quit because the content was terribly easy, made for accessibility and not difficulty, and entirely unappealing. The fact that I quit raiding, and many others, speaks to this fact. I don't need a character to have complete the current raids to call them easy.

Wait..so....
You don't raid because of how easy it is...rather than just downing it in Heroic mode in one night...and then having something to back your opinion up?
Sorry...but your opinion on the difficulty of current raid tiers, or anything after Sunwell is pretty meaningless.

It's easy to sit and proclaim how easy something is, when you don't have to do it yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Doing this content without ever downing a single heroic boss, I can say in my opinion that the difficulty and progression of this current content is the best I've ever seen it.

Wearing only t11, the ilvl 359 to 378 jump is challenging, frustrating, but ultimately rewarding. There is zero wiggle room, and using cooldowns and designs ineffectively are guaranteed to wipe your group. The mechanics are novel and fun, and if you're doing this gear at level, it is damn hard.

We are not headline makers, not pros, and buried in the top 20 of a fairly underprogressed server, and we're having a blast with the content. Cheers for the Premonitions and the Ensidias, but for Muffins Are Good, we couldn't have asked for a better set of challenges.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]