4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

90 Human Paladin
07/08/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Madmonk
You're starting to come off as a Vanilla WoW fanboi who's grown disgruntled

Resulting to name calling because your arguments are weaker than firelands content?

I'm not above sinking to someone else's level if needs be. The man's used fanboi how many times now?

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Kurnea

Resulting to name calling because your arguments are weaker than firelands content?

I'm not above sinking to someone else's level if needs be. The man's used fanboi how many times now?

Which is wierd, because the people he's calling that are some of the ones on this forum that are furthest from....

This entire thread is to the point where I've hurt myself between multiple:

/facepalm
/facedesk

The level of complete disregaurd for the health of the games customer base in favor of this insane soul crushing hard core destructive lifestyle (that people have dived so far into that they've killed themselves by not eating and what have you).

^^^Those defending this are going to say the above isn't what they're talking about. But in reality, it is. They're simply saying that these guilds should have to grind off and play the game 60 hours a week for MONTHS (because that's what they'd do to get a world's first).

The difficulty they claim was from Classic had ZERO to do with actual difficulty, it was due to gearing requirements. You had to have some of the gear to be able to perform at a level to beat the later bosses.

The BC difficulty they crave is the non-nerfed content, content that nearly NO ONE cleared and was STILL cleared by the uber elite in a few days. Nothing will stop you from clearing WoW content if you're one of the best players in the world, they will never understand that.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
People who practiced for the last couple of months on the Test Realms should what? Spend one month learning the fights and wiping?

It's not that the content is easy, it's that people get to practice it ahead of everyone else as part of testing.

And if they did closed testing, the patches would be MUCH buggier and take longer to roll out. So the trade off for less bugs and faster content, is that blizz can use it's own players to help test.

Reply Quote
93 Draenei Hunter
You're judging Blizzard based on how fast a raid is cleared?? Come on dude...take a look at the other contents of the patch.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you considered your own arguments might be plausible if you posted on a character that shows you've easily completed these raids? Posts like this only prove Daxx's point: You're judging content that you yourself haven't done.

I pity people like you because you only believe what your own two eyes can see which is only right in front of you.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Also important to consider that the guilds that cleared it within a week not only practiced on the PTR, but also were likely to already have a full raid around ilvl 372.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/08/2011 07:00 AMPosted by Angelatore
Please don't try to juxtapose juggling eight chainsaws (extraordinarily difficult) with the PvE aspect of World of Warcraft as it currently is (terribly easy, accessible, and unappealing).

You missed the subtlely of his reference. To someone, somewhere, at some time, juggling chainsaws is exceptionally easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think Blizzard should add a purchasable exalted-rep "nuke". The whole raid would have to channel it (and be exalted to do so), and it would kill all the trash in the zone (no drops, of course).

This will never happen, but I can dream...
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter

So the question comes once again Blizzard, did you expect FL to be cleared so fast, given the time we had to wait, I personally expected something better then 7bosses to roll my face over. EVEN ON Heroic mode yes.

The snowstorm again is expected to clear the Florida very quickly. We have seven members personally, given time to wait. I was called in question when the boss rolled back on my face. You can expect some of them. Yes EVEN ON, heroic mode.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Welllllllll, for people like me who can't play more than a few hours every now and then, every patch has been fine...with the exception that they haven't made an epic Warlock flying mount yet!! Bring it back to the old days! I want a long drawn out quest chain to get me some sick, on-fire, black....thing! LOL (oh, and stop making Lock armor look more and more like something out of Robo-cop or something not dreadful looking...we're supposed to be Mages-gone-bad! Tier 5 and 6 armor was the sickness...now it's just the...well, it's not sick that's for sure)
Reply Quote
97 Orc Death Knight
For such a non-issue this thread has gotten way too long.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Doing this content without ever downing a single heroic boss, I can say in my opinion that the difficulty and progression of this current content is the best I've ever seen it.

Wearing only t11, the ilvl 359 to 378 jump is challenging, frustrating, but ultimately rewarding. There is zero wiggle room, and using cooldowns and designs ineffectively are guaranteed to wipe your group. The mechanics are novel and fun, and if you're doing this gear at level, it is damn hard.

We are not headline makers, not pros, and buried in the top 20 of a fairly underprogressed server, and we're having a blast with the content. Cheers for the Premonitions and the Ensidias, but for Muffins Are Good, we couldn't have asked for a better set of challenges.

You have just shown where the "True" difficulty comes from now. There was a time when gear wasn't everything and skill was pretty much the only thing that mattered.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Once again, people clearing hardmodes are in 372 gear anyway. Plus upgrades from rep/drops on the way up.

The guild I'm in finally took down Shannox, but we have no one in heroic gear. Everyone is in 359. It took us a little while to get used to the amount of time it takes to kill things, because there's so many mechanics involved, and without having Heroic Gear, it does go a lot slower. Look at the people who are clearing the content now on normal. They have heroic gear. Once you get that gear, you will probably be able to kill bosses that fast as well.

I didn't get my 4pc until a few days ago, and last night was the first attempt since the new gear etc.

It went a lot smoother. So now we're juggling around doing some Beth'tilac attempts, and then maybe trying the heroic modes in BoT or BWD. Getting some of that heroic gear will definitely help the healers/tanks/dps do that much better of a job than we are currently doing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Nayumi
You have just shown where the "True" difficulty comes from now. There was a time when gear wasn't everything and skill was pretty much the only thing that mattered.

This is laughable, the only time this was EVER true is at con Kael, Vash, Arche, Muru, no buff LK, Yogg +0, Twin Emp, C'Thun, and 4 Horsemen.

And even some of those got significantly easier with some of the gear that droped from their perspective raids.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

This is laughable, the only time this was EVER true is at con Kael, Vash, Arche, Muru, no buff LK, Yogg +0, Twin Emp, C'Thun, and 4 Horsemen.

And even some of those got significantly easier with some of the gear that droped from their perspective raids.

Sorry, but Vanilla and BC actually required skill as a player, now it has a lot to do with just pure face rolling and a bit of stacking up here and there, some people go here and the others go there, etc.

Edit: oh yes and now its all about the numbers on the gear
Edited by Nayumi on 7/8/2011 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/08/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Madmonk
I dont need to have climbed Mount Everest to know its hard.

^ this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]