4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

85 Human Priest
I have to ask Z one easy question. how is it that Everquest was able to give mounds of content and still be sucessful in having very difficult encounters? Most people don't know how gruling everquest was back in the day but the sense of accomplishment was EPIC yes what i think wow is trying to do.. be epic. Plus firelands seems to be a "rehashed" plane of fire from EQ.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Hunter
07/10/2011 12:55 AMPosted by Secretflesh
I have to ask Z one easy question. how is it that Everquest was able to give mounds of content and still be sucessful in having very difficult encounters? Most people don't know how gruling everquest was back in the day but the sense of accomplishment was EPIC yes what i think wow is trying to do.. be epic. Plus firelands seems to be a "rehashed" plane of fire from EQ.

Everquest is and will be more epic than WoW. And yes, Firelands is a rehash of Plane of Fire. Ragnoros = Fennin Ro?
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Rogue
2 guilds in the World, Paragon and Method

Really?

You're complaining about this?

Have YOU cleared them? If not, then there's still plenty of game out there for you. Why does it matter what someone else has done?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
you need to have several types of servers. Hard or.. nightmare level for the best A norman level
for most people and a beginer level for nubes. Making it harder just pisses people off. This is especially true on how EASY it is for your devloers to do it Just raise Bot levels and add LOTS
more of them. Just re-edit the specs. whats that take - a few minutes. and lots more angry bots. That type of crap ended with the Commador 64 and the the 286 processor. just beat a zillion bots and thats it. This is what your players are complaining about. There a few other bugs you seem to be taking your time with. One bug that was put in the game is Archaelogy. Very good and very helpful to level up with but the Epic gear is a F****** Joke. Rare Drops??!! That is a massive understatement, like calling "Moby@*!#" an over sized fish. Plz get it togeather.
Blizzard makes hunderds of millions of dollars in profit off this game. Your customer base deserves better
Edited by Kagamusha on 7/10/2011 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well to me, it's not the main point if Method or Vodka down all the heroic boss in 4 days or something.

What's matter now is that we're sicked of ZA/ZG!!! PLEASE QUICKLY GIVE US MORE 5MAN INSTANCES!

A nerf to some of the heroic bosses in BoT/BwD/To4W would be nice to have as well since now there is no point to waste time in heroic BoT/BwD/To4W...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
http://worldoflogs.com/zones/Firelands/Ragnaros/

please note that those are NORMAL kills. therefore, lets not even talk about heroic yet.

for those who do not want to click on the link, of the people who use this service, there are recorded:

10 man normal: 51993 wipes 33 kills
25 man normal: 18149 wipes 32 kills

Remember that these are guilds and raids that were good enough to actually get TO Ragnaros, killing ALL of the other bosses. While i know that this is a relatively small sample size compared to the number of guilds actually trying it, with this sample size we are looking at a .063% kill rate in 10 man, and .17% kill rate in 25man.

another fun way of looking at it. From the people who reported using this service, Rag killed 1,575 groups of 10 mans for every 1 time they killed him, and 567 groups of 25 mans for every 1 that killed him.

You guys are right, this content is basically over with. and shoot, it has only been two weeks!

and do you want to talk about Heroic? Well, So far the score is
Rag25: 370
Best players in the world:0

Good luck out there. looks ezsauce to me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
You guy have some hotzba to call some of those updated dungeons epic an challenging!
You just raise the levels of the bots throw a few more of them & oh yes the programer/developer
CHEATS! You get back into the game after getting killed and the first thing that happenes
Pgm Cheat, your dead. What was that?
We read the ELUA and if you even THINK we are cheatin, buyin gold or
something we get banned. The same standards need to apply to all the developers. Baned from
game design. You know " Your Fired!" with all the talent out youd think Blizzard would screen there people a little better. I wonder what other game mfg's do this and are they still in bussiness. We are your customers and deserve better
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

Except people who aren't "pros" have already cleared it as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

Lets take this from the players perspective there are only 7 bosses in firelands that's 5 less than bwd, bot and tot4w. The amount seems quite similar to toc the make up raid for the mess that ulduar became at its release. Now from what i've been seeing coming from blizzard lately has been of far less quality that previous expansions. You completely dumped the wrath and bc models for heroics. You rewarded players for doing heroics with superior gear instead of the epic gear again that came from past expansions. And heck even some of the nerfs for 4.1 raiding content should of been done long ago esp nefarion, 3 pillars for ten man are you kidding me??

The Firelands dailies seem good for the most part but not on the epic scale of quel danas. Quests for old world obviously needed a major overhaul and you did that for the most part but still some quest lines from old world are still there and some zones still need changes and for petes sake undercity needs a over haul brill looks way better than undercity does atm and that's sad.

For all the messes that cata has made i would rather have played wrath at least another year with devs working on cata content than play through the lack of quality i have experienced so far in cata.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun.

You can take fun off the list.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]