4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

10 Undead Mage
My question is to anyone, but mainly Blizzard in general. Anyhow this will now be a open discussion regarding anyone thoughts on how 4.2 has been holding up to high end guilds.

As of right now: 10:44am 7/7/2011 2 guilds in the World, Paragon and Method have cleared all the Regular content within 1 day, over 50% of the heroic encounters (5/7), and raiding has only been accessible for heroic encounters about 2days or so. And seeing as EU has a different downtime I'd say a day and half at most.

You're talking about guilds that are famous for doing what they've done with Firelands. They rush through content as quickly as possible so they can get actual WORLD first, rather than just realm-first.

They pride themselves on breezing through content as quickly as possible. They abuse mechanics whenever they can, and do heavy research into what group makeup is best for each fight. Not to mention they are sponsored (Read: paid) to do so.

If there were thousands of guilds already through the content, you'd have a point. There are two guilds.
Edited by Vikaya on 7/7/2011 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
07/07/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Kurnea
Isn't there a similar topic by the same Op?

Yes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2784668648

I don't know why he felt the need for a new one.
Reply Quote
Stop making multiple posts with the same QQ.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Sponsored guilds will go to great lengths to get a world first (cf: Stars), and the fact that a handful of guilds that make hardcore guilds look like noobs are powering through this content should not be viewed as a condemnation of the content.

Over the last six years, those guilds have honed and refined their methods, and over the last six weeks, they've farmed this content on the PTR.

Put simply -- it's expected that they'll power through this content quickly, because sponsors are paying them to do so. The content isn't really meant to challenge them -- if it challenges Paragon or Method, it's unplayable by the average player. That's terrible design for a game that's aiming for a broader appeal.

The goal is to challenge the average players. Given that the average player is content doing nothing but farming trash right now, I think Blizzard hit the mark rather soundly.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Well, as we all go along, players that have been playing for years-just get better. There really isnt much anyone can do about that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Nobody should care that the top guilds have cleared most, if not all the content already. They practiced on the PTR for however long it was up. They have less lives than people you you normally say "this guy has no life".

Stop bringing up this crap at all. And people especially should stop bringing this crap up to either make a point or a suggestion. It lends no credibility to your post.

Drop it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/07/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Moohots
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.
So you're saying people should stop being sheeple and start... playing the game themselves?!?!?! THIS IS MADNESS!
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Well stated, and the chainsaw part made me lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

So you're saying people should stop being sheeple and start... playing the game themselves?!?!?! THIS IS MADNESS!

No. THIS. IS. DRAGONMAW /kick
Edited by Herethebeef on 7/7/2011 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Warrior
Please for the love of all that is holy do your research. Three fights, THREE, in the history of WoW, have ever, EVER, taken significant amounts of time for world firsts.

One was so overtuned people skipped it for a month (Magtheridon).
One was overtuned at the end of a heroic raid (Heroic LK).
One was so complex and unusual for WoW at the time it took the best raid groups forever to figure out how to a) actually do the fight and then b) gear the unusual raid-make up required for it.

Firelands is none of these things.

Also inb4lock for multiple identical threads.

EDIT: ZOMG blue with funny chainsaw comment. /Salute.
Edited by Razia on 7/7/2011 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it?

This is all I read up to. Have no fear, I'll start juggling chainsaws immediately, so I might better judge chainsaw juggling!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it?

I am a chainsaw juggler and I approve this message.
Edited by Rickmoore on 7/7/2011 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well what CAN we juggle than? This is bullroar!! I pay my $15, I should be able to juggle anything I want. Epic Fail, Blizz!!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
07/07/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Moohots
Anyhow...will the rumored WoA be out sooner then we think, as Firelands seems to be falling over extremely FAST. Or will it be like T11, we're sitting with the same content for 7 and a half months.

The rest of us are going to need more than a week and a half to clear content. I am perfectly content waiting several months on the same content. Also judging by what I've seen on my server, I don't think that we're gunna need the next tier any time soon.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Those people are insane.

They knew all the fights...

If blizzard wants stuff to not be cleared whitin a few days, they shouldn't have a PTR...

But we like the PTR...

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, I'm down to playing with only 6 fingers and one thumb thanks to Daxx's chainsaw suggestion. I blame Blizzard!
Reply Quote
It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it?

What a GREAT idea! I'm heading to Lowe's right NOW!!!

(Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

oh...
nevermind.
Edited by Whend on 7/7/2011 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]