4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

90 Tauren Druid
07/07/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Kurnea
Well, I'm down to playing with only 6 fingers and one thumb thanks to Daxx's chainsaw suggestion. I blame Blizzard!

You really should seek medical attention.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
What the top guilds do in a day, isn't what you will be doing that same day but maybe over that whole week or month...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMvxLRdpm0&feature=related
Reply Quote
82 Gnome Warlock
(Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler.)

Well, I guess I can scratch chainsaw juggling off of my bucket list. If a blue poster deems anything unsafe then I must adhere.

EDIT: for quote failure
Edited by Dethmold on 7/7/2011 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Well, not sure about what other guilds are doing, but we killed our first heroic boss last night. Normally I wouldn't be that concerned, but this is the lowest amount of bosses in a tier of content since ToGC, so yeah, I'm worried. Trying to hold things together until Blizz deems to release new content isn't a good feeling.

Let's see if I get the long and short of it. Wrath to Cata not only limited lockouts to 25 or 10 man, but also normal or heroic, so we can kill 1/4 of the content we could since the last expansion. Then you guys decide it's a good idea to release a tier of content that's the second lowest ever seen.

Then of course you have situations raised by this few amount of bosses like healing priests being one of the only ones screwed gear-wise because nothing off-tier drops this instance with spirit on it, so priest healers will have less natural regen than any other healer in the game, and are the only healing class that depends on natural combat regen.

You guys are doing a LOT of very head scratching things. I hope you guys really know what you're doing, cause right now it doesn't look like it. I will say though the daily hub is amazing and the thrall questline is something the game could use a whole lot more of. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well what CAN we juggle than?

Torches, of course.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

You should also add that these guys were juggling chainsaws on test and there were many manglings for months before they were able to juggle all 8.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

Saying something was "epic" is the same as saying its below average. You cant describe everything as Epic.

7 bosses is below epic.
Needing 300 marks to progress is below epic; needed THREE DAYS to get to P2 is beyond even conceivable.
Thralls quest taking all of 20mns is below epic.

Having no real content in a content thin Expansion is below epic.

Reply Quote
these guilds with no life play test the hell outta these patches on ptr. pretty pathetic.

guild firsts are the thing of the past... died when toc came out.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You talk as though this content wasn't on the PTR for a month or five.

Find the highest ranked guild in which none of the players went on the PTR. How well are they doing?

The bottom line is that the normal mode Firelands bosses are pushovers. They are easy to kill and don't take more than a couple of attempts to learn, with the exception of Rag and Alysrazor.

No one in my guild went on the PTR. Hell, most of us hadn't even watched kill videos. If we didn't have absences during the first week, we would have had Rag down on Sunday, allowing us to work on hardmodes this week.

I'm pretty sure there are tons of guilds who are better than us and did not play on the PTR.

You're amazing, your guild name is as well.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I'll never understand why people have a need to compare themselves to other people or determine that someone else's accomplishments are their own.

I mean I play on Illidan-US. I have Blood Legion on my server along with a very strong grouping of guilds to contend with. I don't see an issue so far with content being cleared fast. I have one boss down on heroic and working on the last touches for a 2nd.

My guild isn't going to do sleep/raid cycles to ensure we have constant up time in FL so that we can the bosses faster. We are raiding at our own pace, hell we're not even putting in extra hours on bosses like most guilds do during early progression. We will clear content when we clear it. Maybe we'll have deemed it easier than expected when we're done or maybe we'll be quite happy and realize that its not a push over and it will take us some time. That's life and that's raiding.

You guys need to learn to play the game at your own pace and enjoy what you do. Some other guild killing a boss should have no impact on your opinion of a fight or raid or affect YOUR ability to enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

Do you have any response to those of us in relatively casual raiding guilds (we raid less than 8 hours per week) who have already killed over half of the new bosses without any PTR experience within the first week of them being up?

Because honestly, reaching the over-halfway mark in Tier 11 content took at LEAST a month for us. From the looks of things, we'll be killing Ragnaros well before the end of July.

Is the answer simply "oh, go do heroic modes then"? If so, it's pretty lame that we have to rely on freshly-recycled content to fill the (what, five-month?) gap in new raid content coming up.
Edited by Soreni on 7/7/2011 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Do you have any response to those of us in relatively casual raiding guilds (we raid less than 8 hours per week) who have already killed over half of the new bosses without any PTR experience within the first week of them being up?

Because honestly, reaching the over-halfway mark in Tier 11 content took at LEAST a month for us. From the looks of things, we'll be killing Ragnaros well before the end of July.

Is the answer simply "oh, go do heroic modes then"? Because honestly, it's pretty lame that we have to rely on freshly-recycled content to fill the (what, five-month?) gap in new raid content coming up.
Instead of doing normals first, just jump to heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/07/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Holymoo
Well, I'm down to playing with only 6 fingers and one thumb thanks to Daxx's chainsaw suggestion. I blame Blizzard!

You really should seek medical attention.

Psssh, I haven't lost too much blood yeskjl;;...........
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Is the answer simply "oh, go do heroic modes then"? Because honestly, it's pretty lame that we have to rely on freshly-recycled content to fill the (what, five-month?) gap in new raid content coming up.
Instead of doing normals first, just jump to heroics.

Because that's possible, right?
Reply Quote
35 Goblin Mage
No offense, but none of the raids in WoW are "challenging". The people that have already cleared them will never have the same respect and celebrity status real pro gamers have. Do you know why? It's because WoW isn't hard. It's a series of scripted events, very much like Super Mario Bros.. The reason why everyone hasn't cleared it yet? Because of the teamwork factor. The top guilds who have finished most of the Heroic Firelands have a group of great gamers that know how to do their job, while everyone else who hasn't progressed that far is being held back by some weak link in their raid/guild.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/07/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Jile
7 bosses is below epic.

...I wonder how many of y'all are actually reading the blue post In DEPTH, rather than cherry-picking the part you'll find easiest to nitpick.

"Below epic", you say? You know what's even FURTHER below epic than that? The fact that out of those "mere" seven bosses, you haven't downed one of them. (Yes, I checked.)

The main blue point stands...the bosses may be falling, but are they falling by YOUR hand? Unless they are, such opinions of what is "below epic" are flat out irrelevant.

p.s. Let me spare you a trip to my armory...I haven't downed them either. But I'm not the one making baseless claims, am I?

Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Is the answer simply "oh, go do heroic modes then"? If so, it's pretty lame that we have to rely on freshly-recycled content to fill the (what, five-month?) gap in new raid content coming up.

You most likely started Tier 11 with average item level around 346, which is what Tier 11 is balanced for.

If you did any Heroic Tier 11 content then you most likely started Tier 12 with over average item level 359. Tier 12 is balanced for average item level 359. You most likely overgeared the content.

My advice is if you don't want Tier 13 Normal raids to be easy for you then don't do Tier 12 Heroic modes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/07/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Soreni
Because that's possible, right?
So you've implied that you were disappointed that you could jump through normals so quick. I assume that if that was disappointing, then when the next round of raids are released, turn the difficulty to heroic and chisel away at it. Skip normal mode entirely.

It will take much longer and will probably be more satisfying.

If you don't like that idea, then please don't complain about normals being too easy. You have the power to make it harder-- do it, or shut up.
Edited by Fanahlia on 7/7/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

If you end up killing Rag that quickly and hop into heroics to do the same bosses, how is that any different from having those same bosses be harder on normal and wiping to those same bosses over and over? Either way, you're wiping on the same seven bosses, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]