4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

83 Night Elf Death Knight
in before someone who has not cleared the content complains about it getting cleared.

DAMN NOT FAST ENOUGH.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
07/07/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Fanahlia

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.
So you're saying people should stop being sheeple and start... playing the game themselves?!?!?! THIS IS MADNESS!

No, he is saying people should juggle eight chainsaws.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So you're saying people should stop being sheeple and start... playing the game themselves?!?!?! THIS IS MADNESS!

Well said.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/07/2011 01:15 PMPosted by Razia
One was so complex and unusual for WoW at the time it took the best raid groups forever to figure out how to a) actually do the fight and then b) gear the unusual raid-make up required for it.

I assume you are talking about the four horsemen here, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
in before someone who has not cleared the content complains about it getting cleared.

DAMN NOT FAST ENOUGH.

Too slow!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Haven't cleared all of the content yet but so far I've been enjoying pretty much every fight. I'd rather they keep this trend of quality over quantity going. My guild didn't set foot on the PTR and we're 6/7 and every fight has been a great experience (except when Rhyolith spawned invisible volcanoes D:).
Edited by Scarlen on 7/7/2011 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
My 10 man guild didn't set one foot into PTR and we are 2/7; HOWEVER, we have the distinct advantage (compared to the beginning of the xpac) of gear and experience with some of the new class mechanics that we did not have when Cata first dropped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

I cant begin to describe my utter contempt for the appalling attitude here; 'pro players' indeed. 'Pro players' who have been sneaking practice on the encounters at every opportunity on the PTR. Its time to stop relying upon your paying customers to test the game. You have Paragon working for you now let them test it. That way when the encounters are released it might last for longer than a week before its cleared.

I think you guys at Blizzard have completely missed the point; any guild that has reasonable players has completed the content or has almost done it. WoW isnt a hard game; the problem is its filled with keyboard turning icon clickers.

Ragnoros being given 6 of the best a week after being released is not epic, nor was having people go from 80-85 in approximately five hours. You blues need to read up on the word 'integrity' and have it applied to the game and encounters. There is a very valid reason why you are loosing subscribers.
Edited by Mochuisle on 7/7/2011 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

that's it, this is one of the best answers I've seen ever :P

I'm gonna copy this and paste it whenever someone says "lololololol raids are out and 24 hours later they are cleared"

What many people FAIL to realize is that those guilds are professional raiders that spend MONTHS doing that raid in the PTR. Its not unheard of for them to make the 4 premades allowed, to be able to try the same raid and clear it 4 times every week, for well over 2 or 3 months.

taking that in consideration its not so surprising that they take less than a couple of hours to get world firsts. after all they spent months practicing for it on the PTRs or Beta realms.

Most normal non-professional guilds have yet to kill ragnaros. Hell, my guild is the 6th best guild in my realm, and we still haven't kill rag on normal, much less heroic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

I cant begin to describe my utter contempt for the appalling attitude here; 'pro players' indeed. 'Pro players' who have been sneaking practice on the encounters at every opportunity on the PTR. Its time to stop relying upon your paying customers to test the game. You have Paragon working for you know let them test it. That way when the encounters are released it might last for longer than a week before its cleared.

Ok, last longer than a week for who? Oh, right, everyone except the people who have been farming it on the PTR.

07/07/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Mochuisle
I think you guys at Blizzard have completely missed the point; any guild that has reasonable players has completed the content or has almost done it. WoW isnt a hard game; the problem is its filled with keyboard turning icon clickers.

And your proof is...? Certainly not in your own raid achievments.

07/07/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Mochuisle
Ragnoros being given 6 of the best a week after being released is not epic, nor was having people go from 80-85 in approximately five hours. You blues need to read up on the word 'integrity' and have it applied to the game and encounters. There is a very valid reason why you are loosing subscribers.

Who hit 85 in five hours? Someone who exploited? Same thing happened in Wrath, person hit 80 in less than 17 hours with help and exploitation.

What's this about Rag being given a 6? That a rating? And by who?

I don't know what points you are trying to make, but please let's stop with the whole "loosing" subs motif. That has happened all though out the lifespan of WoW, sub numbers ebb and flow. The difference between now and a few years ago is that the competing games out there are so much better than the games were years ago, in addition to there being more MMO options than ever before.

If you're not happy with WoW, then quit. Take a break for a few months, or stop playing it altogether. There are plenty of other things for you to do. I've quit and come back several times, I've done the low level alt thing, I even play some other games in my spare time. WoW still holds me, and I'm enjoying it more now especially after the recent patch than I have in my past fiver and a half years of being a subscriber.

And my priest is 3/7 now in 25s, and we're having fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
07/07/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Amic
One of my biggest complaints about Firelands actually is the art. I know it's "fire"lands and everything, but does everything really have to be the same colors and fire related? Granted I've only seen up to Baleroc now so I don't know if it gets any better visual wise?

I would have to agree. Depending on what is being burned, fires can be various colors. Everything is red, orange and brown, which gets a bit dull after a while. They could have included blues, greens, whites, possibly purples and other colors without issue. This is a world of magic after all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/07/2011 06:59 PMPosted by Wespac
What many people FAIL to realize is that those guilds are professional raiders that spend MONTHS doing that raid in the PTR. Its not unheard of for them to make the 4 premades allowed, to be able to try the same raid and clear it 4 times every week, for well over 2 or 3 months.

There is no such thing as a professional raiders unless they are being paid to play.

Uh, a lot of them ARE being paid.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Somebody else beat it so I'll just watch it on Youtube and remark about how simple it is...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish.

this should be an in-game achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also factor in several other things. T11 there were 5 levels to gain, a new talent system to figure out, new abilities, gear went from 270' or w/e from wrath to 359/372 epics. Etc.

Now, better players are used to these changes. They have better gear, going into firelands with 372 gear is way different from going into t11 in greens/some blues like the top tier guilds did back in December.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

The first time you actually see a difficult boss drop over dead is by far the most enjoyable aspect of raiding. Nothing in the PvE side of this game beats this feeling.

Yes, it is more fun to wipe on Normals multiple times before kill simply because it makes the final first-kill that much more rewarding. Seeing the same boss fall over dead later, but with higher numbers attached to his nameplate, is by no means as much fun.

Heroics are a grind of content that you have already cleared. Normals are progressing through unexplored territory and being rewarded visually in a novel fashion after each successive boss falls.

This all seems a mental issue on your part that has nothing to do with the challenge and everything to do with seeing him drop dead. You see pixels go down, and suddenly beating him again means nothing.

This also seems decidedly ungamer like. I've played games over time and time again if they've offered greater difficulty, but seems like with guys like yourself you'll beat a game as easily as possible and that's it.

It's called exploration. It's a pillar of game design.

My complaint is that when you only have 7 bosses, there less exploration. The instance is smaller, less about the game is novel.

Pretty rude to start saying I have a mental problem, bud. Not cool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My complaint is that when you only have 7 bosses, there less exploration. The instance is smaller, less about the game is novel.

Pretty rude to start saying I have a mental problem, bud. Not cool.

Mental block then. You see a boss go down on easy, and suddenly there's no love for more challenge? What, you've never beat a game before on normal or hard simply in order to unlock nightmare mode? Unlockable difficulty modes have been an important part of game design for some time now.
Edited by Kurnea on 7/7/2011 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/07/2011 06:39 PMPosted by Derah
I'm gonna copy this and paste it whenever someone says "lololololol raids are out and 24 hours later they are cleared"

The best was from Eyonix a couple years back:

Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people that aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]