4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

85 Tauren Death Knight
07/07/2011 07:33 PMPosted by Sohl
i hope you don't ban me this time, but what would the other 99% of the wow community base the level of difficulty without the top guilds? after all they are the ones who dedicate more time and effort on this game than most people. they don't do anything magical or have more abilites than other players.
How woefully naieve you are.

World class guilds are the trailblazers-they are the ones who were downing heroic content when decked out in half blues.

Time is meaningless-it's how it's spent that matters, and the best of the best make every second count.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We just got Shannox down yesterday. He's our guilds first kill for Firelands. WOOT! Here's to not caring what the top guilds do and still feeling good about getting one down.

Cheers!

Definitely. It can be fun to set that kind of competitive bar for yourself against a friend's guild or something, but frankly, no one has a hope against the World First guilds like Paragon. Lol.
So you just need to take a step back, view the situation with a positive light and say - hell yeah! First FL boss down! It may have taken a week, but we got there, and at least it didn't take two!
Or something. Judge yourself on what you and your team do, not what top guilds are doing. You'll probably only end up depressing yourself. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Whoa, getting a little defensive there! And yes, I realize the point is that people other than you are beating content quickly, Daxx made that quite clear. Why so defensive?

Clearly a troll, " Why so defensive " and " getting a little defensive there! ". 2/5 Anyhow you clearly have comprehensions issues if that is what you got out of the OP and what not. No one's being defensive clearly you're just being a troll.

You were making assumptions that I didn't like the topic and suggested I not respond, clearly you're the one with comprehension issues and making assumptions. And yes, when you're suggesting people not comment, that comes across as defensive. Even more so when someone doesn't agree with you and you resort to calling someone a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Clearly a troll, " Why so defensive " and " getting a little defensive there! ". 2/5 Anyhow you clearly have comprehensions issues if that is what you got out of the OP and what not. No one's being defensive clearly you're just being a troll.

You were making assumptions that I didn't like the topic and suggested I not respond, clearly you're the one with comprehension issues and making assumptions. And yes, when you're suggesting people not comment, that comes across as defensive. Even more so when someone doesn't agree with you and you resort to calling someone a troll.

Someones clearly trying to get this thread locked by poor trolling. MUTED!
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I can bench press over 400 pounds on free-weights. Much higher on a machine where no balance is required.

So 300 pounds to me is extremely easy. I'm assuming therefore everyone else can do it too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I can bench press over 400 pounds on free-weights. Much higher on a machine where no balance is required.

So 300 pounds to me is extremely easy. I'm assuming therefore everyone else can do it too.

I love this analogy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Actually, by the Op's logic even 400 pounds is undertuned so long as you can do it without a heroic effort. Everyone needs to start at 500 since 400 has already been reached.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Note that this toon is Moohots on another alt trying to pretend there's a second person supporting him. Proven by the fact that ignoring one of them ignores both of them. Hooray for account-wide ignoring on the forums!

And you're calling someone else a troll -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If the content was "hard" enough for the top end guilds to spend two months on it you would cry up a storm saying "WTF!!! MY GUILD CAN'T EVEN DOWN ONE BOSS!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAKING IT EASIER FOR PEOPLE THAT WANTED TO SEE END-GAME!!"

I honest-to-god feel sorry for all Blizzard employees after major content patches. Not only do they have to deal with the most remedial posts, but they have to listen to people whining about what world class guilds are doing.

Maybe if you focused on what you were doing within the game instead of what others were doing, you'd find it more enjoyable.

Stop making threads to whine about every little thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Note that this toon is Moohots on another alt trying to pretend there's a second person supporting him. Proven by the fact that ignoring one of them ignores both of them. Hooray for account-wide ignoring on the forums!

He's posting on two separate characters, and he still has yet to post on his main with his achievements? Ha!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
07/07/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

Yay for common sense!! In the form of a blue post even!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/07/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Stunlockd

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.

Yay for common sense!! In the form of a blue post even!

And the best kind of common sense, the kind that involves chainsaw juggling!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Firelands is fun.

1/7 heroic and having a great time.

T11 just felt like a grind, I never complained about being benched.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Druid

I checking my armory, I have no shame in this alt thing. I wasn't posting as a different person, I ignored him and was on a different character to post on, but it was still me. Oh well he's ignored, he took my logic personal so I just ignored him, gotta keep this thread constructive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Normal mode is pathetic, tho. Hope Heroic is really Heroic. Except Shannox, he's a lootbag.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
07/07/2011 07:47 PMPosted by Shimala
i hope you don't ban me this time, but what would the other 99% of the wow community base the level of difficulty without the top guilds? after all they are the ones who dedicate more time and effort on this game than most people. they don't do anything magical or have more abilites than other players.
How woefully naieve you are.

World class guilds are the trailblazers-they are the ones who were downing heroic content when decked out in half blues.

Time is meaningless-it's how it's spent that matters, and the best of the best make every second count.

what heroic content existed when people were running around in blues? hmm let's see:
sarth 3d: oh wait naxx was farmable in 10 and 25, epics were everywhere
algalon: yeah, i'm sure tanks in blues were doing this no problem
yogg 0: decked out in epics from previous tiers
anub heroic: yeah, all those healers healing penetrating cold were using crafted blues
lich king heroic: all those kills at 0% buff with heroic 5 man blues

did i miss anything?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/07/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Fanahlia

So you're saying people should stop being sheeple and start... playing the game themselves?!?!?! THIS IS MADNESS!

Madness? THIS IS AZEROTH /KICK
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

made me wow. nice post.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Endless thumbs up from me
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
what heroic content existed when people were running around in blues? hmm let's see:
sarth 3d: oh wait naxx was farmable in 10 and 25, epics were everywhere
algalon: yeah, i'm sure tanks in blues were doing this no problem
yogg 0: decked out in epics from previous tiers
anub heroic: yeah, all those healers healing penetrating cold were using crafted blues
lich king heroic: all those kills at 0% buff with heroic 5 man blues

did i miss anything?

The first raid tier is always cleared out with a majority of the raiders still wearing blues, because even if you assert that you can clear Naxx or Karazhan easily, a single week's worth of drops isn't going to cover everyone, so you're still doing Sarth or Maulgar with most of the people not having upgrades yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]