can someone explain?

07/13/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Lupira
Another thing I noticed is that ZA/ZG (and other heroic only bosses like Vanessa) are not in there due to being heroic only. I understand doing that for raids but doing that for a 5 man is kinda silly.

Click the little skull in the top corner to toggle heroic mode abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Why not a little skull on the map that shows the face button and name on mouse over, with the relevant information showing up when clicked?

P.S. The Dungeon Journal should default to Heroic bosses' info when in an Heroic dungeon; especially if its name begins with "Zul'".
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
07/13/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Nethaera
As for some concerns over missing loot, we did purposefully leave out "grab-bag" items. Meaning, items that have the potential for dropping on multiple bosses were not added to the listing of items. We may choose to change this decision at a future point in time if we feel that it's causing additional confusion. For now though, just be aware that these items do not appear in the listed loot tables.

I'm not too worried about the Grab-bag feature though it would have been helpful in understanding that it was an available item and not just "it was added to the game but never used" item that sometimes pops up (I'm looking at you Heroic Valor Point neck and bracers [Heroic caster bracers were given to pre-made druids]). However, when it's missing Sho'ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation and Sho'ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation from Rag's loot list, I start to wonder. This item was added to the game about 3 weeks before 4.2 came out, yet the loot table was never updated with this info.

Another bit of info that was left out of the Heroic Lord Rhyolith info is that he starts casting Superheated around the 5 minute mark.

To me, I just feel that the Journal was left unfinished with about 2 weeks prior to 4.2's release.
Edited by Delritha on 7/13/2011 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
We are looking at the concerns over the faces blocking the map view in the Dungeon Journal. We're aware of this concern and may provide an option to turn them off at a future point in time. We'll provide information on this though when we are able.

As for the concerns over accuracy, there is always the potential for information to change based on adjustments made to the bosses and the fights. Overall though, the Dungeon Journal should be seen as an accurate representation of the boss fights and abilities. We have seen a lot of misunderstandings or inaccurate information provided via external sources and hope that the Dungeon Journal can better shore up those external sources with its information.

As for some concerns over missing loot, we did purposefully leave out "grab-bag" items. Meaning, items that have the potential for dropping on multiple bosses were not added to the listing of items. We may choose to change this decision at a future point in time if we feel that it's causing additional confusion. For now though, just be aware that these items do not appear in the listed loot tables.

could you just add a 'grab bag' loot section in the list of bosses? kinda defeats the purpose of replacing a loot addon when you don't have all of the loot listed
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
07/13/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Muspel
As for the concerns over accuracy, there is always the potential for information to change based on adjustments made to the bosses and the fights. Overall though, the Dungeon Journal should be seen as an accurate representation of the boss fights and abilities. We have seen a lot of misunderstandings or inaccurate information provided via external sources and hope that the Dungeon Journal can better shore up those external sources with its information.

A lot of information is missing on certain fights, especially Shannox. There's no mention of the fact that Riplimb is immune to slows EXCEPT when he's fetching the spear. It doesn't say anything about how Shannox and the dogs are untauntable. And lastly, it doesn't talk about how Shannox can't apply his bleed when he's thrown his spear.

These three things are incredibly important to understanding the fight.

Blizzard never intended for the DJ to fully map out the fight. Everything shown gives you a basic understanding of what to expect and everything you mentioned is what you need to learn. NEVER expect to walk into a fight you have never done and one-shot it. Kids these days have no respect for a wipe-fest.
Reply Quote
HI EVRYONE
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
A lot of information is missing on certain fights, especially Shannox. There's no mention of the fact that Riplimb is immune to slows EXCEPT when he's fetching the spear. It doesn't say anything about how Shannox and the dogs are untauntable. And lastly, it doesn't talk about how Shannox can't apply his bleed when he's thrown his spear.

These three things are incredibly important to understanding the fight.

It's obvious that Blizzard made a mistake by not granting the loot in Firelands to each player just for logging in.

If the Dungeon Journal is in the game, it should include all of the fight mechanics. Only giving some of them (including several that are highly unintuitive and VITAL to the fight) is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ha! The OP's guild name "theSafetyWordIsBearMount" I think is a reference to horde city attacks. Alliance will attack horde cities, killing their residents and leaders, and the only thing that will get the alliance to stop is getting the bear mount, which is the reward for attacking horde cities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/13/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Nethaera

I have had several raiders in my guild be confused about Trash Drops and Shared Drops being excluded thinking important slots for them had no upgrades in Firelands, or no good upgrades.

Understanding what loot is available and how is important for players to make upgrade plans, and the current system gives a false impression that it would be more complete then 3rd party addons, and should be corrected in future iterations of the Journal.

Reply Quote
83 Troll Druid
07/12/2011 08:59 AMPosted by Shethor
What I think it is, Bliz is looking at what addons are popular and trying to streamline them into features of the game. That way people rely less and less on 3rd party addons

I can agree with this because it would also reduce the number of hacked accounts by people going to these third party sites and picking up keyloggers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
07/13/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Herethebeef
I think it is relatively useful, mostly for people who either can't or won't look up strats or watch videos to see how boss fights go. Personally, I have yet to really use it. I have atlas loot to look up loot tables, far better imo since it includes ALL the dungeons and raids as well as profession crafted items, faction items and PvP items. The dungeon journal is just there to tell people who aren't willing to put in a little time and effort what a boss is going to do and how bad it is going to hurt :)

Why cant someone look up strats?

And if someone wont......why would they bother to use the dungeon journal then?

The dungeon journal is just blizzard trying to make places like wowhead, and addons obsolete.

Because the dungeon journal is much quicker and gives you more accurate ability information.
You'll notice that a lot of the Wowhead information actually comes from that journal now.
Reply Quote
61 Goblin Warlock
07/13/2011 07:30 AMPosted by Vladimir
A dungeon journal that is missing information is useless.

So don't use it then.

07/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Palaurus
Blizzard never intended for the DJ to fully map out the fight. Everything shown gives you a basic understanding of what to expect and everything you mentioned is what you need to learn. NEVER expect to walk into a fight you have never done and one-shot it. Kids these days have no respect for a wipe-fest.

This, this, a thousand times this.

Read it, read it again, read it a thousand times until you get it burned into your thick skulls.

If you guys want to know strategies from the get-go, you can do the research yourself. It's up to the players themselves to figure out the strats. It's not up to Blizzard to hold your hands in this game and tell you how to beat the encounters. If you disagree, you are wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

If you guys want to know strategies from the get-go, you can do the research yourself. It's up to the players themselves to figure out the strats. It's not up to Blizzard to hold your hands in this game and tell you how to beat the encounters.

Your stance makes no logical sense. Either you want people to form their own strategies or you don't.

If the dungeon journal is complete and can be used to form a viable strategy without an outside source, it will be used for that purpose.

If the dungeon journal is incomplete, people will go elsewhere and find it pretty hard to avoid simply reading someone else's strat.
Edited by Jashiliter on 7/13/2011 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
also the tanking gun off the cache of madness boss is missing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
For making them smaller:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20075-EJSmallerMapButtons.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20061-DungeonJournalEnhanced.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]