Hunters and You: Know the Dangers!

85 Undead Rogue
There seems to be a lacking of threads explaining the dangers of fighting, grouping with, and generally associating with hunters. This thread is designed to warn people of these dangers, as well as provide a place for constructive and fair discussion on this subject.

Fighting them:

By all means, killing hunters is a noble pursuit. However, you should never fight a hunter 1v1. If unavoidable, such as in a duel, a fine strategy is to wait until the hunter gets bored and either forfeits, giving you victory, or takes off his camo. Flying above the hunter so that he attacks you in the air and takes fall damage on the way down is also a valid strategy.
In group pvp targeting hunters should be the priority of a rogue, since their treachery will wreck havoc upon your team and, most importantly, you. When attacking an enemy (hunter or otherwise) who is targeting an allied hunter, it is polite to allow them to kill the hunter, before slaying your target.

Grouping with them:

Of course the safest bet is to avoid this situation, however there are a few ways of dealing with them.
First, in a raid situation, make friends with the raid leader. If that is you, don't do anything creepy, and why the heck did you invite a hunter!? Anyway if you can convince a leader that a drop is a bigger upgrade for you than for the hunter, or that the hunter clubs baby seals with kittens, then your chances for loot will go up.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" - Old Proverb
In this case, the lemons are the hunters, and the lemonade is dead hunters. Blizzard gave us tricks of the trade for a reason, and I'll be damned if it isn't to ninja pull lots of mobs on hunters. Feign Death is on a longer CD than Tricks, and if the hunter decides to pull on you, well then you have a valid reason to kick em!

Association:

Much like hoes, you should never trust a hunter. I once saw Ghostcrawler, the tameable rare spawn. I attempted to kill it, but it soon became evident that the task was impossible, so I made the mistake of figuring I would give it to a hunter guildie, in return for his doing my bidding. This was in the beginning of Cata, and he has yet to be of any use. In fact, the hunter did what they usually do: ran. In this case, he refused to log on for any reasonable amount of time when he found out he would need to help the great rogue who gave him a rare pet. Learn from my mistake, and make sure any hunters you do things for give you a large amount of compensation up-front.

That's all for now, I hope this PSA has enlightened you as to how to counter the hunter menace that has plagued the rogues of Azeroth for so long. And remember, the only good hunter is a dead hunter. And even then you really outta make sure he really is.
Edited by Haileaus on 12/5/2012 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I love you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I just beat a 2.3k hunter 1v1 in arena in which i only had sprint.
Come at me bro :P
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
In this case, the lemons are the hunters, and lemonade is dead hunters.

So much win
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Why thank you all, just doing my part for the rogue community ;)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
well dnt worry about hunters they got nerfed the last 2 patchs and i look at it these way, if the rogue leaves me alone then i leave it alone,i play also on a pvp server and i normaly leave them alone unless they want there head handed to them have fun :)
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Hunter Stealth is where I draw the line -.-
Reply Quote
83 Human Rogue
Requested sticky.
The content of this post has to be common knowledge
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
win
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I find it highly insulting that Hunters think they can impede into the world of Roguedom!! We stab, we poison, we sap, and we do not need help doing it! We alone rule the world of stealth! We, Rogue, alone rule the World of warcraft. As for hunters, go get us something to eat!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

I'm slightly confused on this little guide. No offense, but I have absolutely no issues with hunters. I ONLY pvp and hunters are the least of my worries. Subtlety is all I play and with the CD's that are available to us, hunters are easysauce. The key is to close the distance and with shadowstep it becomes extremely easy. So I don't know if you have just had a bad experience with hunters or what, but I don't agree with the PVP aspect of this post. Sorry
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
There seems to be a lacking of threads explaining the dangers of fighting, grouping with, and generally associating hunters. This thread is designed to warn people of these dangers, as well as provide a place for constructive and fair discussion on this subject.

Fighting them:

By all means, killing hunters is a noble persuit. However, you should never fight a hunter 1v1. If unavoidable, such as in a duel, a fine strategy is to wait until the hunter gets bored and either forfeits, giving you victory, or takes off his camo. Flying above the hunter so that he attacks you in the air and takes fall damage on the way down is also a valid strategy.
In group pvp targeting hunters should be the priority of a rogue, since their treachery will wreck havoc upon your team and, most importantly, you. When attacking an enemy (hunter or otherwise) who is targeting an allied hunter, it is polite to allow them to kill the hunter, before slaying your target.

Grouping with them:

Of course the safest bet is to avoid this situation, however there are a few ways of dealing with them.
First, in a raid situation, make friends with the raid leader. If that is you, don't do anything creepy, and why the heck did you invite a hunter!? Anyway if you can convince a leader that a drop is a bigger upgrade for you than for the hunter, or that the hunter clubs baby seals with kittens, then your chances for loot will go up.

In this case, the lemons are the hunters, and lemonade is dead hunters. Blizzard gave us tricks of the trade for a reason, and I'll be damned if it isn't to ninja pull lots of mobs on the hunter. Feign Death is on a shorter CD than Tricks, and if the hunter decides to pull too, well then you have a valid reason to kick em!

Association:

Much like hoes, you should never trust a hunter. I once say Ghostcrawler, the tameable rare spawn. I attempted to kill it, but it soon became evident that the take was impossible, so I made the mistake and figured I would give it to a hunter guildie, in return for his basically being doing my bidding. This was in the beginning of Cata, and he has yet to be of any use. In fact, the hunter did what they usually do: ran. In this case, he refused to log on for any reasonable amount of time when he found out he would need to help the great rogue who gave him a rare pet. Learn from my mistake, and make sure any hunters you do things for give you a large amount of compensation.

That's all for now, I hope this PSA has enlightened you as to how to counter the hunter menace that has plagued the rogues of Azeroth for so long. And remember, the only good hunter is a dead hunter. And even then you really outta make sure he really is.

Was reading this forum because I've rolled a new rogue. Had to throw on my hunter suit to respond, lol. Pot, meet Kettle. The real truth is no one likes either of us so why the hate? Entertaining post though. Now I'll go put my rogue suit back on and continue reading.

Happy hunting, I mean rogueing, I mean, ya you know what I mean.
Edited by Korly on 7/12/2011 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
07/12/2011 08:00 AMPosted by Assissini
I'm slightly confused on this little guide. No offense, but I have absolutely no issues with hunters. I ONLY pvp and hunters are the least of my worries. Subtlety is all I play and with the CD's that are available to us, hunters are easysauce. The key is to close the distance and with shadowstep it becomes extremely easy. So I don't know if you have just had a bad experience with hunters or what, but I don't agree with the PVP aspect of this post. Sorry

I hate to burst your bubble, but you must be fighting against some awfully downsy hunters...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
07/12/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Sheevah
I hate to burst your bubble, but you must be fighting against some awfully downsy hunters...

That or in group pvp. A hunter who knows how to use his abilities will beat any rogue. That said I haven't tried bleeding the hunter as one of the above posts says. Hmm, I kinda like the idea of bleeding out a hunter!

(btw the treachery and evil I attribute to hunters is not directed at any specific player, so please don't be offended by anything I say. Its not personal and I'm sure you are a fine person)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
07/12/2011 08:39 AMPosted by Haileaus
I haven't tried bleeding the hunter as one of the above posts says.

It's a cheesed out and long victory, but stacking the relatively weak bleeds and abusing LoS is pretty effective.

Unless you're mut for it, and then if you stack bleeds and go hide, you can /lol them while venomous wounds procs on them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]