Hunters and You: Know the Dangers!

85 Undead Rogue
Can't be as long as the fight I had last night, it was like a three-phase encounter.

p1: Sap hunter, attack when flare fades (sap pet first), try to live as hunter tools on you.
Vanish, begin p2. This is the most dangerous phase by a long shot.

p2: Attempt to wait out the hunter, hearing is increasingly annoyed voice on vent. Enter a few squirmishes, but for the most part stay in stealth. This is by far the longest phase.

p3: When the hunter gets a party member to show where you are, mount and taunt the hunter from the air. The hunter will fly up and shoot at you, taking fall damage considerably more than the damage you took. At this point dismount, go into stealth, and SS->kill the hunter. This is easily the funnest phase.

(seriously though, that did happen last night)
Reply Quote
hunters dont beat me 1v1....ever L2keybind
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
07/12/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Ikth
hunters dont beat me 1v1....ever L2keybind

If you've never had a hunter give you trouble, you've never fought a decent hunter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
If my only two max-level toons are a rogue and a hunter, does it mean I have a masochism complex?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Not sure but you might wanna check that out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I've got nothing to add; just wanted to let you know I like the guide. /snicker... lemons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
As the proud owner of 2 85 hunters (posting on the fresh 85 alt, not the one with Vanilla titles) I promise you that 90% of my HKs on both come from jacking up Rogues on-sight in world pvp, TB, and BGs.

There's just something so satisfying about going Predator on the sneakiest, cheapest class in the game (after Frost Mages).

For example: I never gank lowbies. Unless it's a Rogue. Then I camp them until they delete their toon and roll a REAL class.

I HAVEN'T DIED TO ONE OF YOU SINCE A LEVEL 85 ROGUE AMBUSHED ME WHEN I WAS LEVEL 30 IN STONETALON MOUNTAINS AND EVEN THEN HE ONLY BARELY SURVIVED!

COME AT ME TINY ROGUELINGS.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
See what I mean fellow rogues? Here a hunter has shown his face. This is a rare occurrence, as they usually prefer to remain hidden, using fakestealth and treachery to kill their opponents.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Only 2 pages? awww...
Reply Quote
I'm currently building a new character and grinding bg's along the way. Level 39 right now. That said, I hate everything about all of you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
afk/terrible hunters dont beat me 1v1....ever L2keybind

Fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
07/12/2011 08:53 PMPosted by Haileaus
See what I mean fellow rogues? Here a hunter has shown his face. This is a rare occurrence, as they usually prefer to remain hidden, using fakestealth and treachery to kill their opponents.

I was actually unsure of the cunningness of hunters until I saw his post. He illustrates your points perfectly.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Rogue
I can never take a hunter out in pvp, even if it doesn't have boa's on. It's not possible for me, I'd get so close and then id die.

/inserts sadface
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I can never take a hunter out in pvp, even if it doesn't have boa's on. It's not possible for me, I'd get so close and then id die.

/inserts sadface

Do not lose faith my Rogue comrade... hunters at that level are so ridiculously OP, that is ultimately becomes their undoing in later stages of WoW life. That is why there is so many bads at 85... they are so used to one shotting people through their leveling that at 85 they don't understand why their aimed shot hasn't killed their target, and start to panic.

It gets alot better in the later levels, especially once you get CoS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't understand how so many rogues have so many problems with hunters. They're fairly easy kills.
Reply Quote
Hunters also don't seem to be much a problem for me, unless they really know what they are doing. Just shadowstep, shiv crippling, kidney shot, and so on. If they pop deterrence, vanish and cheap shot them to rinse and repeat. Disarm their traps, and dismantle them so they can't do anything. And shadowstepping a hunter who just disenganged is the best :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Bumbing so our GM can get this message easier. We have a hunter issue...in that there are more than one hunters in the guild.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I'm at college and won't be on, (well maybe a bit just cause i have stickied sub guide) but I wanted to give this one last bump because this seems like a good time to be shameless!

Bye!
Edited by Haileaus on 9/3/2011 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
<3 new computers when a hard drive fails...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]