RBG queue issues

(Locked)

Community Manager
A hotfix has been applied with today's maintenance that should resolve the Rated Battleground matchmaking delays. It appears that this issue resulted from bottleneck that could occur if a team at the front of the queue was particularly difficult to match, which slowed down matchmaking across the board.
85 Draenei Shaman
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
We are still having troubles with queues... spend a hour in queue today waiting for nothing till we gave up.
85 Gnome Mage
Just sat in a 30 min Q. No game, Re-Q'ing now...

Team's MMR is b/w 2350 and 2400
90 Human Warrior
Wow sounds like the fix fixed nothing another week down the drain ty blizz
mmm 35 min que times... Oh yeah, that fix did absolutely nothing...
Edited by Hibiridi on 7/19/2011 4:59 PM PDT
Community Manager
UPDATE: This hotfix has been applied.

-----------

Those who are still seeing longer queue times might be experiencing a different issue. We're currently investigating a situation where teams with a large spread in their group's ratings may have a harder time finding an appropriate match.

While those teams are no longer creating a bottleneck at this point, queues may still be lengthy for them. We're planning to resolve that with an upcoming hotfix.
Edited by Daxxarri on 7/19/2011 6:03 PM PDT
85 Gnome Mage

-----------

Those who are still seeing longer queue times might be experiencing a different issue. We're currently investigating a situation where teams with a large spread in their group's ratings may have a harder time finding an appropriate match.

While those teams are no longer creating a bottleneck at this point, queues may still be lengthy for them. We're planning to resolve that with an upcoming hotfix.

Thank you for the update, it feels good to get a little feedback. The silence and pain of the last 12 days have been pretty tough on most RBG guilds.
85 Undead Mage
Queues definitely sped up for us tonight, thanks again Blizz.
85 Troll Rogue
Thanks for posting a response. Our team, too, noticed some problems with 'excessive' queue times the other evening and it's nice to know it's being addressed.
85 Orc Hunter
Why isn't there anything on Arena MMR being dropped 200 points?
90 Human Death Knight
really makes me happy when blizz response and says wats going on =]
90 Night Elf Warrior
What was changed from last season to this one? When we ran with a 2600+ rated team last season, we didn't always get paired up with someone close to us but the queues were always acceptable (5 mins).

Last night, I queued up with my team ~ 2400 team rating and we didn't get a queue for 45 mins. Requeued every 15 mins. Everyone logged out in between each one (fixed bugged queues last season). And couldn't get one to pop.

Jumped on our alts ~ 1500 rating and everything was < 5 mins. I mean, I'd rather play people around our MMA (or whatever it's called now), than roll on lower teams... but I want to play and have fun as well. It's going to be a longgggg season if higher rated RBGs are going to be like higher rated 5's queues.

I dont know, wanted CP so joined a rbg did one. Next few days tried again and it was over a 30 minute queue
85 Draenei Mage
"Those who are still seeing longer queue times might be experiencing a different issue. We're currently investigating a situation where teams with a large spread in their group's ratings may have a harder time finding an appropriate match."

-----------

So you changed the algorithm to better match players of equal skill together. Some teams may have queued with 9 players at 2400+ and 1 player at 0. Your new algorithm was looking to match player rating with player rating rather than average team rating?

Assuming you're using averages to determine "team skill" as oppose to "player skill" to keep queue times at acceptable leveles; you do realize that this defeats the purpose of ratings right?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]