RBG queue issues

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
Spent over an hour in que today with 0 pops during primetime

Fix this issue please blizzard... if this was pve it woulda been fixed 2 weeks ago.
85 Night Elf Warrior
This issue was happening at the end of last season. I remember sitting in queue for 2 hours with some high rated teams, then getting instant queues at lower ratings with my guild. I hope someone posted this in the general and bug report forums.
85 Human Paladin
Blizz cares
85 Human Rogue
Queing with an alt team with lower mmr at around 2400 got me around 6 que pops today.

As for the main group I run with at around 2600 team mmr we have not been able to get a que for 4 days even when queing at same time as other high rated teams on our server.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
fix queue system, get QQ.
The reason for this is simple...

You have people that play more than others and reach 2400+ faster. Normal people have more important obligations outside of WoW that they have to attend to; I'm sure you understand. Give it time and there will be a higher pool of players at that MMR rating.

A possible solution is to play with alts or split up and invite pugs; you might be able to lower your queue times to get your fix.
1 Draenei Priest
Maybe you should throw a couple games so your rating will drop. Lol, j/k.

Maybe the queue times are long because most people who took RBG's seriously were only doing it to get the vicious mount, and now that they have it they don't care to do them anymore? I know once I got my two vicious mounts for my 2 characters I could really care less about them now.

Most PvP players still prefer arena. I doubt 2400+ arena players are having this issue.

There's not much blizzard can do except let you roflstomp teams that are much lower than you, than those teams will come here and QQ about being matched unfairly.

What exactly do you expect Blizzard to do?

Why don't you try getting other players involved in RBG's on your realm? Most players are so arrogant and picky about who they RBG with that a lot of potential people lose interest. Than they wonder why they have nobody to play with. Too funny :)

edit - Also, keep threatening to cancel your subs, see where it gets you.
Edited by Maiku on 7/15/2011 6:19 AM PDT
Maybe you should throw a couple games so your rating will drop. Lol, j/k.

Maybe the queue times are long because most people who took RBG's seriously were only doing it to get the vicious mount, and now that they have it they don't care to do them anymore? I know once I got my two vicious mounts for my 2 characters I could really care less about them now.

Most PvP players still prefer arena. I doubt 2400+ arena players are having this issue.

There's not much blizzard can do except let you roflstomp teams that are much lower than you, than those teams will come here and QQ about being matched unfairly.

What exactly do you expect Blizzard to do?

Why don't you try getting other players involved in RBG's on your realm? Most players are so arrogant and picky about who they RBG with that a lot of potential people lose interest. Than they wonder why they have nobody to play with. Too funny :)

edit - Also, keep threatening to cancel your subs, see where it gets you.

Thats right. Its ironic that high rated teams who play so much keep to themselves; yet their proportion to the entire playerbase is so tiny and insignificant that apparently; the whole planet has to start turning in the opposite direction to suit thier needs.

I remember when I use to play Quake 2 and Quake 3 CTF; when we recruited people into our clan; we didn't care about skill. We freaking trained them. We sent them to boot camp and turned them into superstars.

In WoW the philosophy is different. Its almost like; the entire game is a hassle to them; yet they play it because they want something from it. Very strange.
Edited by Sarenna on 7/15/2011 6:39 AM PDT
I also realize that this behavior is found in the looking for dunegon system as well. No one wants to teach anyone anything. They call them scrubs, noobs, bads ect.... They just want to go through the instance as quickly as possible because its a hassle. The enitre game is a hassle; but they do it because they want or need something from it.

I think the problem is time. In WoW you have enough time to get your valor points, conquest points and dailies but, not enough time to teach someone how something works or how they can play better. In FPS games you don't need to get currency or gear; there was more creative use of time.
85 Tauren Paladin

You have people that play more than others and reach 2400+ faster. Normal people have more important obligations outside of WoW that they have to attend to; I'm sure you understand. Give it time and there will be a higher pool of players at that MMR rating.

A possible solution is to play with alts or split up and invite pugs; you might be able to lower your queue times to get your fix.

and I thought you couldn't be any dumber after your phasing out healer suggestions, but i was wrong!

and I thought you couldn't be any dumber after your phasing out healer suggestions, but i was wrong!

It takes time to get an MMR of 2400.

Time, remember that word, TIME. If a chunk of 2400 MMR players drop out after season 9 because they got thier titles and mounts or whatever; you have a gap to fill. Guess what genius, its going to take time, TIME, to fill it up.
Edited by Sarenna on 7/15/2011 7:56 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior

We've sat in q simultaneously with 4-5 other 2400-2600 teams, no one got a q over the course of 2-4 hours. If you had actually bothered to read the thread you would know this instead of making yourself look like a troll.

There is something broken with the system.

Time, remember that word, TIME. If a chunk of 2400 MMR players drop out after season 9 because they got thier titles and mounts or whatever; you have a gap to fill. Guess what genius, its going to take time, TIME, to fill it up.

Actually, it's quite easy to attain 2400 mmr given our current system. Again, why are people that lack substantial RBG experience, are largely "picked last on the kickball team" outsiders, and simply don't know what they are talking about at times trying to chime in? Guess what. A large gap of people did not quit because of titles or mounts. As a top rbg leader I know that my player base has only expanded and continues to expand with the increasing popularity of RBGs. You are so wrong.

It still sounds logical and I always love to be proven wrong, because thats a great way to learn. :)

If you're right and the queue is bugged, whats the bug? How do we know if the system hasn't changed the matchmaking algorithm in season 10? If Blizzard anticipated larger participation numbers, maybe they tweaked matchmaking to match players of equal skill more effectively. If theres a smaller pool of players to match, the queue times are going to be long. Just like trying to find a tank for dunegons and 5v5's back in BC.
1 Draenei Priest
[quote]are largely "picked last on the kickball team" outsiders

lold
1 Draenei Priest
Queing with an alt team with lower mmr at around 2400 got me around 6 que pops today.

As for the main group I run with at around 2600 team mmr we have not been able to get a que for 4 days even when queing at same time as other high rated teams on our server.

Lowering his MMR seemed to work, imagine that.
85 Human Rogue
07/15/2011 07:55 AMPosted by Sarenna

MMR didn't reset from last season where so many people exploited so your point is invalid.

The reason this is even a issue is that multiple teams at similar mmr on my server can be queing while none of us get a que pop into each other or any other team despite how long anyone waits.
07/15/2011 07:55 AMPosted by Sarenna

Converting valor into conquest penalizes players because that conversion doesn't count towards season earned conquest in getting your s10 weps so that isn't an option to serious players. It also doesn't help that 2400 rbg is a > conquest cap than 3k arena rating.
Edited by Nahjx on 7/15/2011 9:33 AM PDT
1 Draenei Priest
Than why does Blizzard keep responding to tickets and saying nothing is wrong?

IF the number has increased in people participating in RBG's and the number of teams trying to queue at your rating actually has increased than I'll admit to being wrong. However, it does not seem to be the case and Blizzard has repeatedly reported that there is nothing wrong with the system. They will usually at least admit to bugs, although we know how they come coated in sugar.

I understand the new incentives to do RBG's; however, some people who've gotten what they wanted out of them have lost incentive completely and some arena players are pissed to the point of cancelling their subscriptions.

Look... I don't think you should have to wait 2 hours for a RBG, admittedly that seriously sucks. I used to hate waiting for 30 mins a BG when I played on Mal'Ganis in WOTLK. I do not think allowing huge discrepancies in team ratings between opponents is the answer though. If anything, people will get pissed after getting rolled continuously until the point of dropping RBG's altogether. Guess what? Than you'll literally have nobody to play. Losing horribly in a BG is not fun. I don't care what you say.

IF there actually is a bug in the system and that's all it is, than I hope Blizzard gets it straightened out so you and the 2400+ crowd can pew pew their way to internet glory. If not, try to not be such e-peen and get others involved in the game. Oh wait, pretty sure that won't happen.
Edited by Maiku on 7/15/2011 10:42 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]