RBG queue issues

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
Than why does Blizzard keep responding to tickets and saying nothing is wrong?

IF the number has increased in people participating in RBG's and the number of teams trying to queue at your rating actually has increased than I'll admit to being wrong. However, it does not seem to be the case and Blizzard has repeatedly reported that there is nothing wrong with the system. They will usually at least admit to bugs, although we know how they come coated in sugar.

I understand the new incentives to do RBG's; however, some people who've gotten what they wanted out of them have lost incentive completely and some arena players are pissed to the point of cancelling their subscriptions.

Look... I don't think you should have to wait 2 hours for a RBG, admittedly that seriously sucks. I used to hate waiting for 30 mins a BG when I played on Mal'Ganis in WOTLK. I do not think allowing huge discrepancies in team ratings between opponents is the answer though. If anything, people will get pissed after getting rolled continuously until the point of dropping RBG's altogether. Guess what? Than you'll literally have nobody to play. Losing horribly in a BG is not fun. I don't care what you say.

IF there actually is a bug in the system and that's all it is, than I hope Blizzard gets it straightened out so you and the 2400+ crowd can pew pew their way to internet glory. If not, try to not be such e-peen and get others involved in the game. Oh wait, pretty sure that won't happen.

There's no debate on whether it is bugged or not, it obviously is. If you took the time to read this thread it would be obvious to you. There's 10-20 teams represented in this thread with similar MMRs that would be matched under normal circumstances. The fact that all of them instead wait in never ending queues and never get games against each other makes it clear that it's an issue and not simply a lack of available teams to play.

The fact that a couple GMs have claimed it's not an issue means absolutely nothing. They've proven time and time again that they are mostly incompetent and should be ignored on any issues other than accidentally deleting a piece of gear or sending mail to the wrong character.
Than why does Blizzard keep responding to tickets and saying nothing is wrong?

IF the number has increased in people participating in RBG's and the number of teams trying to queue at your rating actually has increased than I'll admit to being wrong. However, it does not seem to be the case and Blizzard has repeatedly reported that there is nothing wrong with the system. They will usually at least admit to bugs, although we know how they come coated in sugar.

I understand the new incentives to do RBG's; however, some people who've gotten what they wanted out of them have lost incentive completely and some arena players are pissed to the point of cancelling their subscriptions.

Look... I don't think you should have to wait 2 hours for a RBG, admittedly that seriously sucks. I used to hate waiting for 30 mins a BG when I played on Mal'Ganis in WOTLK. I do not think allowing huge discrepancies in team ratings between opponents is the answer though. If anything, people will get pissed after getting rolled continuously until the point of dropping RBG's altogether. Guess what? Than you'll literally have nobody to play. Losing horribly in a BG is not fun. I don't care what you say.

IF there actually is a bug in the system and that's all it is, than I hope Blizzard gets it straightened out so you and the 2400+ crowd can pew pew their way to internet glory. If not, try to not be such e-peen and get others involved in the game. Oh wait, pretty sure that won't happen.

A general rule of thumb: when someone's very first word of a post is incorrect they are usually uninformed and unintelligent. Thanks for not being the exception.
85 Night Elf Druid
ya, queues are still broke today with a 2400 mmr team. im downloading aion now to give it a whirl during the weekend. if things are going to be broken for near a month i have to find another game.
90 Dwarf Priest
I just play my GF's rift account when ques go into the broke mode.
85 Human Paladin
Had this issue last night, was low rated but the first 2 games were short queues.. the next one we waited around 40 minutes before re-queueing, waiting another 30 then calling it a night.
90 Tauren Druid
07/12/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Titansfury
Ya do realize that in order to go against a team that is equally in your bracket, OTHER PEOPLE have to que as well, right? It's not NPC's or something that Blizz can randomly generate. If no other teams around your bracket que, there is nothing Blizzard can do. Yea, they could probably move the brackets around but how much could they shift them before your "rolling on lower teams"?

non pvper posting in a pvp thread without even reading the posts. nice. thanks to you everything makes sense now.

85 Gnome Mage
Something is obviously broken, I'm getting tired of posting but I enjoy PLAYING RBGs so much that I don't want to just give up on this game. I don't want to be viewed as a troll for continually bringing this issue up, but right now it feels like blizz isn't even aware of the problem... at least that's all we can take from their utter silence on the issue.

And this isn't a problem that can just wait til the next major content patch. We'll all have moved on to other games if it takes that long. No one is gonna spend over a month sitting in endless Qs without being able to play the darn game. Its already been a week since the RBG community pointed out that there is a problem.
1 Draenei Priest
rabble rabble, i r wow pvpr, rabble rabble.

There are PvE players that did RBG's for the mount reward. If it's a bug, it will get fixed and I truly hope it does get done so quickly. But guess what? The PvP in this game is a side game, and Blizzard will probably take their sweet time in fixing it. Threatening to cancel subs will get you nowhere, so YOU stop the whining.

Or did you not notice Paladins getting faceroll Glad titles in early WotLK without being fixed? Hardcore PvP in this game will never be as good as other games have to offer. Sorry bro, I'm not scared of your farmed resil and stunlocks. I'll keep playing SC2, WC3, and games that you know are actually worth of my time for PvPing.

You have, in no way, proven that people haven't quit RBG's when they got the rewards they were after.

Also, thanks to the other guy for pointing out a grammar mistake. It clearly proves you are more intelligent. Might I ask what you do for a living?
Edited by Maiku on 7/15/2011 3:31 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WOuldn't have happen this fast if they RESET mmv instead of chopping the few hundred off RBGs MMV like they did.
90 Human Warrior
Thank you blizz my RBG team is not login on since the Q's are still broken when will this problem be fixed.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Currently in queue for 26 minutes... still nothing.. oh and when I make a thread in the customer support forums needing customer support (BECAUSE IM ON THE VERGE OF CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION), why is it moved to the battleground forums where every topic is people complaining about twinks?
85 Human Warlock
Been almost 30 minutes into this queue...
90 Human Death Knight
Another bump for this issue, I am tired of sitting in que, I was getting tired of wow until the new season started, and now the only thing that keeps me coming back every night is starting to become impossible to do. People are getting aggravated... I mean I see you guys are hiring for Quality Assurance positions, but I mean dang, do you guys need people that bad??? Give me a job, I'll help with a lot of pvp quality assurance issues... starting with this rediculous que time you have us sitting in. I love wasting 5 hours to play 1 or 2 games if I'm lucky...

Fix it soon, or I am will quit and go play runescape lol.
90 Dwarf Priest
I don't know what the hell is going on but its frankly kind of stupid. Last night, our team of around 2100, after about 20 minutes of queuing fought a 1200 team.

Thats right, 1200. I don't know if this is a cruel joke, but I didn't even know teams could be that low. Pre patch we would generally fight around 1900+ teams with less than 6 minutes, now you're making us wait 20 minutes to fight a 1200 team?

90 Human Death Knight
I don't know what the hell is going on but its frankly kind of stupid. Last night, our team of around 2100, after about 20 minutes of queuing fought a 1200 team.

Thats right, 1200. I don't know if this is a cruel joke, but I didn't even know teams could be that low. Pre patch we would generally fight around 1900+ teams with less than 6 minutes, now you're making us wait 20 minutes to fight a 1200 team?

LOL I would love to fight a 1200 rated team or any team for that matter... hell I just want to cap my conquest points.
Edited by Munchdizzle on 7/15/2011 10:08 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
ya..its plain clear that something isnt right and broken..ques shouldnt be this long..nor the pvp community neglected this way without a response from blizzard..any response would show concern for something so obivious..waiting 30-45 mins for a que isnt right...

the season is under way and already there are huge issues..alot of our team cant cap conquest points this week because of this issue..it would be nice to have it fixed..I understand it takes time..but a response would help alot to the community..

will it take a few days or weeks..or a month?
95 Gnome Mage
07/15/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Maiku
rabble rabble, i r wow pvpr, rabble rabble.

There are PvE players that did RBG's for the mount reward. If it's a bug, it will get fixed and I truly hope it does get done so quickly. But guess what? The PvP in this game is a side game, and Blizzard will probably take their sweet time in fixing it. Threatening to cancel subs will get you nowhere, so YOU stop the whining.

Or did you not notice Paladins getting faceroll Glad titles in early WotLK without being fixed? Hardcore PvP in this game will never be as good as other games have to offer. Sorry bro, I'm not scared of your farmed resil and stunlocks. I'll keep playing SC2, WC3, and games that you know are actually worth of my time for PvPing.

You have, in no way, proven that people haven't quit RBG's when they got the rewards they were after.

Also, thanks to the other guy for pointing out a grammar mistake. It clearly proves you are more intelligent. Might I ask what you do for a living?

You're an idiot. Your "evidence" for why the queues aren't working is speculative and likely just anecdotal. If that's gonna suffice for "proving" something, then I'll respond in kind. Blizzard made RBGs a requirement for your CQ cap. They boosted the rating gain to make rating easier to acquire, therefore making RBG's an attractive option for getting rating high early in the season to raise your cap. Additionally, many of the bugs from last season were fixed. Furthermore, people have had time to level and gear alts. Lastly, people get cool mounts for more than just their mains. So there ya go, I've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are more people in RBGs now than there were last season. Or did I?

Point out specific numbers proving that fewer people are queueing, or stop asking for proof. It's just shy of trolling, except I think you may honestly be that stupid.

Consider actually reading what people have posted here. The fact that teams with the same MMR cannot get queues against each other means that the matchmaking system is broken, and that scarcity of players is not an issue.

Your grammar should be the least of your concerns when it comes to displays of intelligence.

As for amazing PvP in other games like SC2 and WC3... This MUST be the proof that you're trolling, because I KNOW you aren't suggesting that the pvp is better in RTSs than in MMOs. Not because it's untrue, but because there is literally 0 point of comparison.

So yea. Since you are contributing NOTHING useful to this discussion, how about you just leave it now?

On a personal note. Between 2k and 2400 this week with diff comps and I've gotten to play 3 games. I still need 2 more to cap. This after spending a combined 5.5 hours in queue (currently 59 mins in with a 2100~group).

It's broken. Please acknowledge this and tell your team of GMs so that they don't needlessly aggravate players who are more aware of the games flaws than the company that produces it.
100 Human Priest
07/15/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Lawlret
Had this issue last night, was low rated but the first 2 games were short queues.. the next one we waited around 40 minutes before re-queueing, waiting another 30 then calling it a night.

I'm a PvP baddie that just started doing rated BG pugs just to slowly earn the mount/achievements and I've noticed even in low rated PUGs the queue can be very long. I mean surely there's some other bad team out there that we don't have to wait 30+ minutes?
85 Gnome Mage
Another bump for this issue, I am tired of sitting in que, I was getting tired of wow until the new season started, and now the only thing that keeps me coming back every night is starting to become impossible to do. People are getting aggravated... I mean I see you guys are hiring for Quality Assurance positions, but I mean dang, do you guys need people that bad??? Give me a job, I'll help with a lot of pvp quality assurance issues... starting with this rediculous que time you have us sitting in. I love wasting 5 hours to play 1 or 2 games if I'm lucky...

Fix it soon, or I am will quit and go play runescape lol.

This guy hit the nail on the head
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]