Customer Service Number?

(Locked)

47 Undead Warlock
I was wondering if there was a customer service number for World of Warcraft and what it was.

My friend left on vacation today and left his authenticator home, he wants to know if he can call to get it temporarily disabled.

He can't log on to ask this himself or post this ticket himself because he can't log in.

Thanks!
Edited by Tullip on 7/13/2011 3:34 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-762
Argentina: 0800-333-0778
Brazil: 0-800-892-1630
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Please keep in mind that they may well be unable to comply with his request. In order to remove the device, Billing will require fairly extensive verification, up to and including CD keys. If he forgot his authenticator and does not have those available, it may not be possible for them to remove the device.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
86 Goblin Warlock
I was wondering if there was a customer service number for World of Warcraft and what it was.

My friend left on vacation today and left his authenticator home, he wants to know if he can call to get it temporarily disabled.

He can't log on to ask this himself or post this ticket himself because he can't log in.

Thanks!

Be sure your friend understands that by removing the authenticator it will allow ANYONE access to the account that has his username and password.

This means if he has been compromised in the past it likely will happen again, because people are prone to making the same mistakes multiple times, and the methods used to infect their victims computers are ruthless and are very hard to stop.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I had the same problem but had my serial numbers from the back of my fob. I called and had the fob removed, added the iPhone authenticator number, and am now locked out because my IP is different!!!

Blizz is asking me to change my password, which I can't because I am locked out of my account due to the different IP address and I have to wait for customer service to open.

Having to change your password due to a different IP address, when you have an authenticator that matches up up with your account, has got to go. Isn't that what the authenticator is for?

The only help I am getting from the automated Blizzard help is that I can change my password if I have the serial numbers of one of my games. I have that at home. Why would I ever bring that on vacation with me?

So much for getting up early to play before having to take the family to the beach.
Edited by Stalirris on 7/14/2011 4:24 AM PDT
61 Worgen Priest
07/14/2011 04:21 AMPosted by Stalirris
Blizz is asking me to change my password, which I can't because I am locked out of my account due to the different IP address and I have to wait for customer service to open.

You don't not have to wait for them to open. You just need to verify via the email that is sent to change the password and it will let you play. There is no need for a phone call.

Having to change your password due to a different IP address, when you have an authenticator that matches up up with your account, has got to go. Isn't that what the authenticator is for?

They are two different systems, and two different layers of security. Having an authenticator attached to your account will not stop that lockout from happening if the system detects a change in log in patterns.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]