Back in the day...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
"the ground shakes and the clouds darken. He has returned, the great rogue of Afterlife. Assasination." GREETINGS FROM A FELLOW BAD SERVER NAMED MALORNE. Who from the good times remain?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Howdy...though not here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I remember coming here towards the end of wrath to play with some friends in Fat Chance although I couldn't raid with them because we only had one computer at the time and my brother raided with them.

I was thinking of joining IOP and actually got accepted to their raid roster under my toons old name and snuck into a 25 man LK raid from them pugging trade once. Met an awesome DK (shoutout to EvilxHeresy) and after talking to him decided it would be better if I didn't join IOP.

Afterwards, Malun and Mythic transferred here and were looking for some raiders to fill in their roster, itching for a good guild with a compatible raid schedule I jumped on the idea and they were some of the best days of my wow experience. There was excellent server community and especially going into Cataclysm the rivalry between guilds and players was amazing. I met some very awesome people in Mythic, including but not limited to Woota, Squeakytoy/Deyva, Vartimers and his brother, and probably the coolest was EvilxHeresy when he eventually joined Mythic and we ended up raiding together. I've since made a couple of server transfers, one to the horde side of Darrowmere where I couldn't get a feel for the community because it was very immature. Another to Hyjal to raid with Woota, Vartimers, Deyva and Evil. Finally after that raiding endeavour failed I applied to my current guild and I've been with them since August.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
What I wouldn't give for those days back....Even though everyone pretty much hated us. Most of those guilds fail to mention/realize that we helped a bunch of struggling guilds down LK back in the day...for free. They also don't realize that our "trolling" was never serious(heh, since when is trolling ever serious). What I wouldn't give to have that roster back....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
inb4 trolls
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MOADEBE WAS ALIVE IN APRIL? Thought he kicked the bucket

BDK THE MAGIC SEEKER---- OUT
Edited by Bdkay on 10/20/2012 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
so fly
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Son I never Die. I survive! Im still alive and kicking. Playing way casual though. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1 guild rose above them all,
Smiles for Miles
teehee
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin
1 guild rose above them all,
Smiles for Miles
teehee

when all the other guilds had already left?

Smiles did well, maybe better than any guild since vanilla, but when they were killing things, all the BC guilds had already broken apart or departed.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I occasionally come back to this forum every so often to see if I recognize anyone and since it's creation, I think this thread has been on the first page. The implication that this forum is that inactive makes me pine for days past.

Either way... JUSTICE!!!
Reply Quote
Are people still on this realm?
Reply Quote
You two need some Preparation H to go with that butt-hurt?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
gluey was best ever :D
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
gluey was best ever :D

He still plays.

Infact most of Pink Moochi Faeries core member still play. We just transferred.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Psychomurda > Darrowmere
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
@Beastao, Steve and the rest of you in this fantastic-legendary thread:
I was definitely not a “back-in-the-days-Michael Jackson-famous”, like the people mentioned here, but I was certainly there, and that, was more than enough for me. And just like me, totally anonymous to you, dozens of others who read this wonderful thread.
Back then, Beastao, Steve and I belonged to a small but seriously talented guild called Lotus. The memories that you guys brought to my mind as you post are just golden:
In those days, coming to Darrowmere forums and reading, trolling, trashing or even menacing someone, was an everyone’s custom. The in-game communication and relationship between players was also closer and warmer. That’s why back then being in Darrowmere, was being home. Even if there was a “suppose jealousy and competition” among players, at the end, we were all friends and part of this great server.
Reading this post made me want to cry as I remember all of you guys and the time I spent here.
On top of my mind, I recall a couple of times when I got in BGs with Varna, Mynthala and others. They’ll obviously not remember me, because like I said, I was not famous at all, but I enjoyed every second watching those guys doing what they did best.
Last but not least, and even if unknown to the famous Darrowmerians, I would like to mention some of them who made those days “The best gaming experience in my life” as Komics eloquently says it on this thread:
Sereven, my forever guildmaster; Beastao, the best hunter I will ever know, Brawny, my first wow friend, Luanessa, Steve-justice, Karma, Miller, Amariana, among others.
Daoneanonlii and Frodrig say hi to all of you guys (my cousins)
Farewell guys. Memories fill the soul with joy. Keep ‘em alive!
--Your Forever troll: EmasterG
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Have to throw my 2 cents in here to, played on this sever back then (just a nobody mage named Blackthorn) mostly with a group of RL friends and have to agree with all of this here, the atmosphere on this sever was the best, just to log in and see what drama was in trade chat that day was worth the time alone. I remember a lot of these names here as well and hope everyone is doing well with IRL stuff, proud to say we lived it and were there, Komics you are right it absolutely was the best gaming and wow experience I'm sure many of us ever had, peace BC era Darrowmerians.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I played here during later Vanilla - BC. I loved the small close nit community even though Ally was fairly dead. Had a few raiding guilds that fell apart or transferred. Like Loz Zetas and Abberance. Horde had the primary guild on the server named Afterlife. I remember a few players like Ccecil and Naptime. Isle of QD was prime for world PvP. Tras always used to gank there. My best times in WoW were raiding Kara with my guild. I could ramble in nostalgia all day, but I'll keep it short. Best Server = BC Darrowmere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I started on Darrowmere during BC. I ran with a guild called Mile Hi Club. It was filled mostly with rl friends from somewhere in Co. The guild had to name change because some db reported the name I guess. Changed to We Wipe on Trash. Most of the folks in the guild didn't come to the forums much bust most from those days will remember a dude named Caracatus. He was always good for geting some conversation going on here. But what I remember the most about those days is how the threads here were filled with people QQing over how horrible this realm was so now I think its funny how many people are talking about the good ol days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]