Season Transition Compensation Action

85 Human Death Knight
I'm sure this is too late, but please consider offering this compensation to players who spent honor on other items as well, whether it be heirloom, head/shoulder enchants or justice points.

I think it safe to say that none of us would have put ourselves below the 4k honor point cap had we known new gear was to be offered just one week later, and it has put us behind in the preparation for this new pvp season
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm sure this is too late, but please consider offering this compensation to players who spent honor on other items as well, whether it be heirloom, head/shoulder enchants or justice points.

I think it safe to say that none of us would have put ourselves below the 4k honor point cap had we known new gear was to be offered just one week later, and it has put us behind in the preparation for this new pvp season

I don't quite understand how that should matter. The compensation is only in regards to those who were affected by the S9 to S10 gear change, not solely by the spending of honor. Absolutely nothing else changed in affecting your purchase of those other items.

You (or anyone else who didn't buy S9 gear during that week) are just looking for free handouts through those who did. Mind you, I didn't care about the compensation, but it is nice for my characters that did. I was a bit disappointed by S10 gear change when it started, but didn't really care too much. So thank you Blizzard for doing what you did.
85 Undead Priest
Just for clarification. Are you not compensating the people who converted their honor to justice points because we already had full 365/372(weps)? We equally misused our honor at the end of the season under the misconception that we would have the best gear starting in S10
85 Undead Priest

I don't quite understand how that should matter. The compensation is only in regards to those who were affected by the S9 to S10 gear change, not solely by the spending of honor. Absolutely nothing else changed in affecting your purchase of those other items.

You (or anyone else who didn't buy S9 gear during that week) are just looking for free handouts through those who did. Mind you, I didn't care about the compensation, but it is nice for my characters that did. I was a bit disappointed by S10 gear change when it started, but didn't really care too much. So thank you Blizzard for doing what you did.

Except we would have saved 4k honor to buy the 371 pieces. How is this hard for you to comprehend?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So anyone disagreeing with you is a tool? Or just me because I don't think Blizzard owes us more? If you can't actually debate my point, don't post. Insults don't help your side and don't hurt mine.

As for Blizzard's "Poor service" and "real world would get BBB." You're sadly mistaken.

Blizzard actually has amazing customer service. Ever been hacked? Ever seen another company make a mistake that cost you time but no money and actually bother to offer any type of compensation? You're making a very poor mistake by comparing what YOU think you deserve based on this screw up versus the company's actual behavior.

You want to convince me and others that Blizzard is out of line? Don't tell us how evil they are, don't call anyone disagreeing with you names. Give us examples of other companies making similar mistakes and then getting in trouble for it. Give us legitimate examples of what you think they should do instead of the 4k honor boost?

Be more than happy to discuss those points.

Real world example:

Apple's death grip iPhone 4 issue. Apple didn't take this lightly. Didn't cover up. Didn't just say sorry. Steve Jobs immediately addressed it. Not everyone experienced the death grip issue but Apple gave away FREE bumpers to ANY iPhone 4 buyer from until September 30, 2010 to fix an issue that not everyone was experiencing. Now that is customer service. Apple delivers in every count. Not just in "some".

Not everyone had a death grip issue but Apple goes: hey you bought a product between these dates, hey here is a bumper to fix it. On top of that we're fixing our code to match a better algorithm for this.

While Blizzard goes: Hey we messed up so here is a compensation for people for 4k. Some of you spent more than 4k. We don't understand that time is important for you. We can give you 4k and we know even if we didn't you'll still pay us $15 a month.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't even bother replying that the game is only $15.00 and I'm comparing it to a product that's $700 worth.

In the course of almost 7 years, 80 months * $15/mo = $1,200 not to mention to $25.00 server transfers + gender change + name change + vanity pets at $10 each, + $25 mounts.

90 Night Elf Rogue

Except we would have saved 4k honor to buy the 371 pieces. How is this hard for you to comprehend?

Why did you spend it ALL then? It was already known that honor wouldn't have been wiped out. If you're referring to spending more than the 4k cap, you would have spent it anyway (meaning you still wouldn't fall under the category of needing a compensation, since nothing changed for you that you wouldn't have done any other moment of a season).

If you already had the gear from before that week and obviously had no reason to have bought any more S9 stuff, then that's just an SOL situation. It's already known that gear would have been available after a season ends (it's always been like that). What wasn't known was that the gear that had just been made available from that week would suddenly change the following week. Which for them, was a much more impacting situation than someone who already had those things from before.

No matter the defense on why you bought stuff with honor that wasn't S9 that week, it doesn't justify a compensation. Even the folks who did buy S9 stuff that week barely qualify for reason for compensation (differences with S9 and 10 honor gear is minimal), it does however affect consumer relations in that they didn't announce said changes. People who had the gear from before that week understood what was going on, everyone did. Only arena folks can get epixx during S9, then after the end of S9, said gear will be available until the end of S10. Everyone understood that. It was the new changes following the end of S9 that no one knew what was going on.

I need to redirect the question to you: why is it so hard to understand that? Develop an imagination so you can see things beyond you being jealous of what others have.
85 Human Death Knight

I know someone already partially addressed this, but I wanted to detail it for you, since it seemed like it might be hard for you to understand.

I already had full s9 gear. I was also at the honor cap, and beyond. However, the new season started, and s9 Vicious gear moved to honor. Having seen this, I assumed that I would no longer need honor in order to prepare for the coming s10.

I then started spending my honor frivolously on items I did not need, but as honor couldn't upgrade my gear, I may as well get something instead of nothing, right? Obviously, this turned out to be incorrect.

Instead of having 4k honor banked with which I could pick up 2 or more pieces of 271 s10 vicious gear immediately, I had to scramble and farm honor to try to catch back up in gear.

Looking forward to being able to start s10 with the best gear possible, I was no longer able to do so, despite the time and effort I put into it during the previous season. Moreover, I could potentially be behind in gear from those who luckily decided not to spend any points during that one week.

It just seems odd to only compensate those who did not pvp enough to get all the gear during s9, and not compensate those who did but still fell prey to the same misinformation.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't dream of looking at the price comparison.

I'm content to look at the fact that you are comparing an actual technical malfunction on a device which hampers its ability to be used to. Not being warned about some new gear in a video game.

When Blizzard has massive outages, they give us credit for the time we couldn't play. When maintenance takes too much of a day, they give us a credit so we didn't waste our money. When your character is hacked and cleaned of all gear and gold and guild bank, Blizzard restores it all. That is the same level of service as Apple gave.

You want a comparison of a company doing the same thing as Blizzard? Your outrage is akin to owning Left 4 Dead 2. Buying Left 4 Dead a week before they re-released all of the L4D1 maps in the new game and then complaining that you wasted your money buying L4D. You really think Microsoft or Valve are going to give you any compensation for that?

This complaint is like when I bought a Wii the other month. My Wii had died due to pets. So I went out and bought a new one in May. A few days later Nintendo announced that in June the price was going down $50. Was I annoyed? A little. Did I throw a fit and demand that Nintendo compensate me for this? That'd be rediculous.

Do you have a right to be annoyed? Yes. Does the company owe you anything at all for this? No, not really.
85 Human Death Knight
Why did you spend it ALL then? It was already known that honor wouldn't have been wiped out. If you're referring to spending more than the 4k cap, you would have spent it anyway (meaning you still wouldn't fall under the category of needing a compensation, since nothing changed for you that you wouldn't have done any other moment of a season).

If you already had the gear from before that week and obviously had no reason to have bought any more S9 stuff, then that's just an SOL situation. It's already known that gear would have been available after a season ends (it's always been like that). What wasn't known was that the gear that had just been made available from that week would suddenly change the following week. Which for them, was a much more impacting situation than someone who already had those things from before.

No matter the defense on why you bought stuff with honor that wasn't S9 that week, it doesn't justify a compensation. Even the folks who did buy S9 stuff that week barely qualify for reason for compensation (differences with S9 and 10 honor gear is minimal), it does however affect consumer relations in that they didn't announce said changes. People who had the gear from before that week understood what was going on, everyone did. Only arena folks can get epixx during S9, then after the end of S9, said gear will be available until the end of S10. Everyone understood that. It was the new changes following the end of S9 that no one knew what was going on.

I need to redirect the question to you: why is it so hard to understand that? Develop an imagination so you can see things beyond you being jealous of what others have.

You clearly have no grasp on what is going on at all. Ever since they installed a currency system, EVERY season previous (excepting the start of new expansions) the previous seasons gear would move down a tier to honor. Saying they have new gear to buy with honor every season is simply untrue.

NONE OF US would have spent honor to drop below 4000 had we known, for the first time, unannounced, they were adding a half tier upgrade purchasable by honor for s10. This was understood by NO ONE as it had never happened before.

The s10 Vicious gear wasn't even on the PTR, (I never checked the very last build tbh, but previous to that) so doing due diligence wouldn't have helped matters either.

Maybe you should fully understand the situation as well as have your facts straight before you post your condescending opinions in a thread.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm content to look at the fact that you are comparing an actual technical malfunction on a device which hampers its ability to be used to. Not being warned about some new gear in a video game.

When Blizzard has massive outages, they give us credit for the time we couldn't play. When maintenance takes too much of a day, they give us a credit so we didn't waste our money. When your character is hacked and cleaned of all gear and gold and guild bank, Blizzard restores it all. That is the same level of service as Apple gave.

You want a comparison of a company doing the same thing as Blizzard? Your outrage is akin to owning Left 4 Dead 2. Buying Left 4 Dead a week before they re-released all of the L4D1 maps in the new game and then complaining that you wasted your money buying L4D. You really think Microsoft or Valve are going to give you any compensation for that?

This complaint is like when I bought a Wii the other month. My Wii had died due to pets. So I went out and bought a new one in May. A few days later Nintendo announced that in June the price was going down $50. Was I annoyed? A little. Did I throw a fit and demand that Nintendo compensate me for this? That'd be rediculous.

Do you have a right to be annoyed? Yes. Does the company owe you anything at all for this? No, not really.

OK done discussing with a child who can't comprehend.

Unbelievable.
90 Night Elf Rogue
[quote]
You clearly have no grasp on what is going on at all. Ever since they installed a currency system, EVERY season previous (excepting the start of new expansions) the previous seasons gear would move down a tier to honor. Saying they have new gear to buy with honor every season is simply untrue.

NONE OF US would have spent honor to drop below 4000 had we known, for the first time, unannounced, they were adding a half tier upgrade purchasable by honor for s10. This was understood by NO ONE as it had never happened before.

The s10 Vicious gear wasn't even on the PTR, (I never checked the very last build tbh, but previous to that) so doing due diligence wouldn't have helped matters either.

Maybe you should fully understand the situation as well as have your facts straight before you post your condescending opinions in a thread.

... You know you pretty much just restated what you quoted right? At no point did I mention I thought that new gear would be available. At no point did I mention anyone knew about the new S10 honor gear change. I actually said that no one knew. Reading (if even done) and understanding context is difficult I guess.
85 Human Death Knight

I think your analogies are pretty erroneous. This was at best only partially a technical malfuction. (The part where conquest was to convert to honor, then be available to be spent for that one week, and instead immediately got transfered to gold). The part that people are upset about is where Blizzard knew and had planned for the s10 Vicious gear to be implemented, but not once did they mention it at any point in patch notes, on the PTR, or even simply somewhere in a forum.

Your Left for Dead analogy isn't correct, because it would be more like purchasing a game the day it releases, then finding out unannounced they had new DLC available the very next week that was imperative to the enjoyment of the game that you would now have to pay for again. Again, we're talking about transitioning into a brand new season, not coming in and buying something that you know has been around for a while, and then finding out a newer version is coming out that next week.

For the same reasons, the Wii analogy is poor. You're talking about an old, existing product not something newly released.

I can recall a couple times in the past couple years where mobile phone contract providers would occasionally offer up a cheaper price or a better contract unannounced on a brand new phone/plan, and would allow people who had purchased within the last x number of days/weeks to go back and get a refund on the difference.

There are also stores that will price match an item that you bought a week/month previous if you bring in a receipt to show them.

I understand that to the best of its abilities, Blizzard is trying to do this. However, I feel that they are using the wrong criteria to judge which customers were wronged by their mistake, which is the reason for my original post in this thread.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Really, Dida, you sink to baseless insults and stop explaining yourself because someone disagrees and argues your point?

That helps make my point far better than anything I've said.

Side A: Makes complaint.

Sibe B: Argues against complaint and requests more detail and discussion.

Side A: Makes additional point to initial complaint.

Sibe B: Disagrees and says why they disagree.

Side A: Insults side B, accusing it of being childish and uneducated and stomps off.

Truly you have made this discussion's resolution easy to see for anyone. You know who else makes that type of arguement? My son, who is under five years of age.

Sarsflu: Fair enough and nowhere were they meant to be perfect, just similar situations, and as legitimately equal as the Iphone issue. As for the rest. I am aware people are angry that they spent time in BGs earning honor. I am also aware that some other people feel cheated because they won't get the bonus since they spent Honor on trade goods or heirlooms.

The facts are: The first group could still not have carried over more than 4k honor. The second group got benefit from their honor even if not what they might have wanted in hind sight. Personally I think it'd be better if they would just turn all of the 365 into 371. But they didn't do that, they instead are giving us the cap we could have brought into the next week. Not perfect, but it's something.

The only thing Blizzard is not giving legitimate compensation for is time spent. And there's not really anyway they can do that.

Either way my main point was that claiming Blizzard has poor customer support because this situation didn't resolve with as much compensation as some people want, specially when compared to how their overall customer service is, is a very weak and very false statement.
Edited by Kakita on 7/14/2011 3:56 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
... You know you pretty much just restated what you quoted right? At no point did I mention I thought that new gear would be available. At no point did I mention anyone knew about the new S10 honor gear change. I actually said that no one knew. Reading (if even done) and understanding context is difficult I guess.

I apologize for missing the parts where you basically helped make my argument valid. I guess I just couldn't comprehend how you could admit that we couldn't have anticipated the new gear, and yet also say it is our own fault for spending honor.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Any consideration being given to the people who may have spent honor, but not necessarily on the Season 9 gear over the week because they didn't think there would be a new set of gear coming out to acquire? I know I bought a Maelstrom Crystal that week, and that was a rough nearly 4k honor down the drain in the face of the set of gear I would have been working on collecting.
90 Orc Warrior
Dida and Sarsflu - respectfully, may I point out that the issue between you two is apparently a valuation perspective. Being individuals you have differing value sets based on what is important to you. Please don't let the different value sets generate dismissiveness or derision. We all play WoW, we all interact with each other.

My "value perspective" of this issue is the usage of time involved and the opportunity costs associated with the Conquest initial error followed by the failure to communicate. Instead of the 4K honor I would rather see the a reimbursement of the time used (upto a maximum of one week) for the people negatively impacted by these two events. (I've discussed a possible valuation of time on the other primary post). Time reimbursed can be used to grind the new gear, gold, and or mats expended.

That said, I really am curious as to how Blizz made the determination that 4K honor was the appropriate recompense value for these two cumulative mistakes. Bashiok (and other CMs) do you have any intention of explaining why the 4K and why not some of the other possible reasonable options suggested by your player base? If you do, please let us know. If not, can you tell us why not?

Either way could provide further clarification and, while it may not satisfy folks, at least we would know where you are coming from.

Thank you.

Sshazz
I bought trade good during that week, so what happens to people like me?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]