Season Transition Compensation Action

85 Orc Death Knight
<snip> Tauranewone post <snip>

1) We noted that Conquest Points were going to be converted into Honor Points above the 4,000 cap with the release of patch 4.2, giving players one week to spend these excess points before the start of Season 10, at which point the 4,000 point cap would go into effect. Instead, the Honor Point cap intended to be enforced yesterday was applied at the same time Conquest Points were converted to Honor Points with patch 4.2. This led many players who saved Conquest Points up for the season transition to receive gold for any Honor Points above 4,000, rather than points above that cap. There wasn't a feasible solution for correcting the fact that the calculations had been run a week early.

2) We didn't notify players that we made a slight change to the way PvP gear is introduced each season. The change simply wasn't communicated among all of the other patch 4.2 changes, which was a big oversight on our part.

These two errors compounded each other. Players were left with no more than 4,000 Honor Points after patch 4.2, which led many players to farm more HP to buy Season 9 gear. Then, when Season 10 hit yesterday, Season 9 (ilvl 365) items were replaced with an HP tier of Season 10 (ilvl 371) items. Since players didn't know this would happen, many of you farmed HP and spent it on the Season 9 items prior to yesterday's maintenance.

Zarhym's points:
1) Yeah, so during that transition week, it STILL would have been only S9 gear available. So basically, what you missed out on was a lessened grind to finish off the S9 set, up to a maximum of 4k extra (since Conq. points cap too);
2) They're acknowledging that they didn't notify the community, and understand the annoyance.

At the end of the day, no matter how much grinding you did during that week, you would not have been able to carry over more than 4k points (plus JP conversions) to buy 371 gear with, as all going to plan, any conq. points over the cap would have been converted to gold on that day anyway.

So yeah, another group who got a little shafted, were those who had excess conq. + honor points at the end of season, and had the excess converted to cash before they could buy S9 gear. Now, how do you determine from those who received gold, which ones would have spent that overage on S9 gear during that week?
85 Orc Death Knight
lol as I knew you would..... you missed the point, again.
I was not making an analogy of the situation. I was making a point that you would take anything even at an incredibly low value or no value at all as an apology.
Enjoy your glass of water.

Right, well your point is as unclear as it is inaccurate.

I understand that mistakes happen, especially when implementing new systems. I understand that things get missed. I also appreciate when someone attempts to compensate for their mistake, and apologises for it.

If they'd offered me 1 day of playtime free as compensation, I'd be annoyed, as 1 day of playtime for me, may be worth at most 2k honor, and I'd spent more than that. Of course, 1 day for someone else might equate to 10k honor, and they'd be stoked. But based on the numbers of what COULD have been bought during that week, or with the points saved during that week, I don't think that the 4k honor they're giving is too far off the mark. Sure, it's a bit off what the max obtainable 371 gear was, but it's also a long way from 0, and I've still got the pieces I bought, so I haven't really lost anything.
Edited by Slashqqmoar on 7/14/2011 9:35 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
lol as I knew you would..... you missed the point, again.
I was not making an analogy of the situation. I was making a point that you would take anything even at an incredibly low value or no value at all as an apology.
Enjoy your glass of water.

Edit:
LOL! Really? You went on and on about it too. That's awesome.
You only prove my point even further, you're unable to see what's actually happening, even when it's right in front of your face. You assume you have it figured out, that you got the point, but you missed it in the largest possible manor.

Not to mention I never said I was mad or hated Blizz or any of that nonsense you proclaim. Honestly, I don't care and I don't want or need the honor. You can have it, Blizz can keep it, there is nothing that 4k honor will do for me.
I'm just stating the fact which is Blizz is doing nothing at all about the situation and has chosen to hand you a very small token which you are willing to accept because your value in things is less than the value that others would put on them.

So I will give you a glass of water for your car because you will accept it and it is the easiest way for me to get you out of my hair and I can use it to say "I gave you something, right?"

Which has less to do with Blizz and this situation than it has to do with you and what you will accept.

*Manner*, unless you're bringing a house into it somewhere....

It's funny that you feel you can comment on my exaggeration of your attitude/how you're coming across, then in the same paragraph say that Blizz is doing nothing about the situation. Really? Nothing? Because I'm sure that blue post says I'm getting something on the 19th...

I will accept what I believe is some level of fair compensation for the mistakes that occurred. From my perspective, I don't see how I could have done much better than 4k honor worth of gear if it had have gone smoothly, so getting 4k honor seems fair to me. If you were to dent my car and offer a glass of water? Yeah, I'd be far from accepting that as fair. If you offered to replace my door? I'd see that as fair.

You know, for someone who doesn't care about the issue, you seem to spend an awful lot of time exaggerating and proposing irrelevant "points"...
85 Orc Death Knight
you said:
"If they'd offered me 1 day of playtime free as compensation, I'd be annoyed, as 1 day of playtime for me, may be worth at most 2k honor, and I'd spent more than that."

yet you argue when people say they want more because they spent more.
you're beginning to contradict yourself.

No, I'm pointing out that to me, the compensation is reasonably fair (not completely), and I've already said a few times that there's some groups of players who spent their points differently that may miss out, which sucks for them. But I will argue against people who think they're entitled to more than they could possibly have gained in that time, as there's no way that getting 12k worth of 371 honor gear was possible.

More contradiction:
"Yeah, I'd be far from accepting that as fair. If you offered to replace my door? I'd see that as fair."

So you want an entirely new door for a minor scratch and dent when it could be fixed with a very small amount of paint and a plunger to pull the small dent.

Only contradiction when you don't read the words. Hey, if I trusted you to get it fixed, then cool. If you re-read what I said, it was "if YOU offered to replace my door?". Note, that's not me DEMANDING it. So yeah, if you offered to pop the dent out to how it was, but couldn't really do anything about the minor scratch? Well, to be honest, I'd probably accept that, as it wouldn't be worth the hassle of trying to get the scratch restored to new, when I'm probably going to be getting a new car soon anyway.
90 Human Paladin
Here's a question:

For those of you crybabies asking Blizzard to upgrade the S9 gear to S10 gear, what about those of us who chose to go back to the grind rather than stain our pillows with tears? How is that fair to us?

Take your 4k honor and move on.

Or quit, whichever. The game will still be here and nobody will notice if you leave.
90 Human Paladin
Then you're just wasting your time.

An apology and 4k honor is all you're getting.

Blizzard won't upgrade the S9 gear to S10 gear, because that wouldn't be fair to the people who dried their eyes and went back into the BGs.

So you can either move on, quit, or I guess you can just keep crying on the forums.
100 Blood Elf Mage
In place of reimbursing 4k Honor Points, Why not replace the 365 items with the 371 counterparts? This has happened with other items. Things like ammunition and reagents were changed when 4.0 released. Why not just convert the season 9 gear just as those items were? Or remove the 365 gear completely and mail us the new 371 gear.

I don't see why one would have to buy an entire new set of gear for a new tier of pvp. (Unless we have to battlegrounds before stepping into arenas again.) Either way I could care less. As long as people are happy, I don't really care about the steps in between.
90 Human Paladin
In place of reimbursing 4k Honor Points, Why not replace the 365 items with the 371 counterparts? This has happened with other items. Things like ammunition and reagents were changed when 4.0 released. Why not just convert the season 9 gear just as those items were? Or remove the 365 gear completely and mail us the new 371 gear.

I don't see why one would have to buy an entire new set of gear for a new tier of pvp. (Unless we have to battlegrounds before stepping into arenas again.) Either way I could care less. As long as people are happy, I don't really care about the steps in between.

And what about those of us who went back to the grind to purchase the 371 gear?
90 Human Paladin
"And what about those of us who went back to the grind to purchase the 371 gear?"

You're telling everyone else to suck it up and stop crying....
Take your own advice?

You're such a bitter and angry little man...

You're here upset about wasting time, and then you propose a change that would cause the same issue to other people? For what, to suit your own needs? Because you're too lazy to go back into BGs again?
Edited by Tikaru on 7/14/2011 10:46 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
And what about those of us who went back to the grind to purchase the 371 gear?

Well made point. I guess they are doing the right thing then, I just don't like how they made 3 sets of Vicious gear. They didn't do this any other season.
Edited by Link on 7/14/2011 10:50 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Yeah cause you know me so well.
Mr. FullofContradiction.

So you're saying.....
The issue becomes the same when it directly effects you and at that point it is ok for you to have a problem with it but until then no other person is allowed to have a problem.
Nice.

How am I full of contradiction?

I did the grind the week before S10 started and collected a full set of PvP.

Rather than feel sorry for myself and throw a tantrum, I went back to the grind. Believe it or not, but Blizzard doesn't have to do anything. We're lucky we're getting anything at all.

Now speaking of contradictions, you want to go back to my post, or do you want to continue with the name-calling an avoiding it all together?

Again:

How are you not a hypocrite?

You're upset that Blizzard made a change that wasted your time.

Your solution to this? Waste the time of others who went back to the grind to collect the new gear.
90 Human Paladin
07/14/2011 10:48 PMPosted by Link
Well made point. I guess they are doing the right thing then, I just don't like how they made 3 sets of Vicious gear. They didn't do this any other season.

Yeah, I know, it's new and was very poorly handled by Blizzard.

At least we know what to expect from here on out in future PvP Seasons.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]