Season Transition Compensation Action

90 Human Paladin
It's become quite clear what you're doing now. I figured you had some motive but I was not going to go there.
However, now it's obvious.
You don't want Blizz to convert the 365 to 371 because then you will be upset. You also call it "the same issue again" which should give you the perspective to understand why people are upset in the first place.

Can you wrap your mind around that?

It's become quite clear what you're doing now. I figured you had some motive, but I wasn't going to go there.

However, now it's obvious.

You want Blizz to convert the 365 to 371 because you're upset. You don't care about the people who did the grind twice to get the new gear, because it doesn't affect you.

Can you wrap your mind around that?

. . .

Yes, I would be upset if Blizzard just upgraded the 365 gear to 371 gear. And why wouldn't I be upset? I did the grind not once, but twice! All while you and other people simply sat in the forums doing nothing but crying and arguing with each other.

But please, since you feel you're not being a hypocrite (which is BS btw), then by all means suggest a change that doesn't negatively impact anyone.

"or do you want to continue with the name-calling"
"You're such a bitter and angry little man..."

So Pro.

Wow, can't really say I'm shocked that you totally ignored the part where you're a hypocrite and you refuse to answer to it...
Edited by Tikaru on 7/14/2011 11:00 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
You don't lose anything, that's your argument.
365 to 371, you don't lose anything.
I'm full 371 on nearly all of my toons. None of this, including the conversion from 365 to 371 is affecting me. I'm just pointing out how you're contradictory and how you have no right to tell people to settle for something when you would be mad yourself if they converted to 371.
Contradictory at it's finest.

What did you lose when Blizzard put in the 371 gear?

Do you see what I'm getting at yet?
90 Human Paladin
07/14/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Dillinja
Yes, what you're saying is, if Blizz converts the 365 to 371 you are personally not losing anything so you're beginning to think it's a great idea.

. . .

Yeah, we're done here.

If you can't see how you're being a hypocrite, then I don't know what to tell you.

Enjoy your 4k honor.
85 Orc Death Knight
I'll make the last statement I will make for you and I will spell it out clearly.

YOU are willing to take close to nothing for an apology. That's fine for you.
Others are not interested in settling for close to nothing in comparison to how much they value their time and efforts.
You keep telling people to accept it but they are not you and they don't want to accept what you would accept.

You can stop trying to tell people to accept what you will accept because it's your opinion and they have their opinion and value on the issue.

It's cool that you're excited about the 4k honor, go enjoy it. You have no place to tell others what they should accept.

Since you don't seem to want to actually debate a point, but would rather keep re-iterating that I'm happy to accept nothing, it's very hard to have a valid discussion with you. I don't see how it's close to nothing, since it's closer to valid compensation than it is to nothing, but whatever. I do have a challenge for you, however - Can you please point out where I told other people to accept it, let alone keep telling people to accept it? I know I've said I'll accept it, as it's about right for compensating ME. I have taken issue with people making invalid arguments, using impossible situations (e.g. 12k ground out, when it was never achievable to get 12k worth of 371 gear). But I haven't told anyone to just accept it.

If a point is unrealistic or invalid, then it's easy for someone to invalidate the entire argument of the person proposing it. All I'm saying is, when justifying why the compensation is not enough, if people use VALID arguments, then they've got more chance of getting somewhere. Like I've said, if you've bothered to read anything IN FULL, I believe that there are several cases where the compensation doesn't cover the situation, and I think those are definitely areas that could be looked at. But the "I ground AV all weekend, earnt 12k honor and all I got was a full set of 365 gear" is not, as it would never have been achievable to get 12k honor worth of 371 gear the day it appeared on the vendors.

90 Human Paladin
Yup, we are done here because you are starting to see that if you say "I'm going to be mad because I farmed the 371.... blah blah" that you are again contradicting yourself and in fact having the same argument as the people who think that 4k honor is crap.

Point out where I'm being a hypocrite. Let's see this.

Alright, but then I'm done, you're starting to give me a headache...

You:
"Blizzard, this isn't fair!! I wasted a week of my time for the 365 gear, it should be upgraded to the 371 gear!!"

Me:
"But if Blizzard upgrades the 365 gear, that means anyone who went back to the grind for the gear will have their time wasted. They did the grind twice, for what you only did a grind for once. How is that fair? Just suck it up and go back the grind like the rest of us."

You:
"Oh yeah?! Well, you can suck it up if Blizzard converts the 365 gear to 371 gear! Pro!"

Me:
"So let me get this straight: you're upset that Blizzard wasted your time by not telling you about the new S10 honor gear, right?"

You:
"Correct."

Me:
"Wasting people's time on something they had no idea was going to change is a bad thing, right?"

You:
"Correct."

Me:
"So, wouldn't you be wasting the time of all the people who went back to the grind to get the S10 honor gear by making a change to convert the gear? Had they known it was going to get upgraded for free, they probably wouldn't have wasted their time again."

You:
"Suck it up.

Pro.
"

And I'M the hypocrite?

You're upset that you wasted your time, yet your proposed change would waste the time of people who did the grind twice, and you don't see an issue with that?
Edited by Tikaru on 7/14/2011 11:25 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
Yup, we are done here because you are starting to see that if you say "I'm going to be mad because I farmed the 371.... blah blah" that you are again contradicting yourself and in fact having the same argument as the people who think that 4k honor is crap.

Point out where I'm being a hypocrite. Let's see this.

Okay, you keep saying how the 4k is nothing, it's crap, blah blah blah...

In your opinion, what IS valid compensation? It's always easy to tear down an idea, so I'm wondering what it is that you propose to put up in it's place?
85 Human Death Knight
What about the people who lost all the honor from the conquest conversion screw up? Can we get 4k honor added to our account for the honor we lost from your mistake?
85 Orc Death Knight
07/14/2011 11:28 PMPosted by Dolcetto
What about the people who lost all the honor from the conquest conversion screw up? Can we get 4k honor added to our account for the honor we lost from your mistake?

This, is a valid point. The people who lost their conq. points before they were able to spend them on 365 gear, really did lose out on something, and I'd support them getting 4k extra...

Although, they did receive gold instead, so do you deduct the gold from them, or compensate for 50% or something? It's a trickier one to sort out...
Edited by Slashqqmoar on 7/14/2011 11:34 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Slash, all I'm saying is that in the case where the mistake was made, to make everything ok with the players you simply convert all the 365 to 371 leaving all the gems and chants on the gear. That's every single piece of 365 that exists.
If this was done right away then no person could have an argument against it.
Then you say "Sorry, we messed up and we did our best to fix it. This wont happen next season as we are all aware of how it will go now."

I did arena, I farmed my gear, I farmed it again and have several toons in 371. Just put 371 on everyone who has any piece of 365 (including the boss in BH) and we all roll into the next season and do our thing. It's really pretty simple.
4k honor though, that's something to be argued because it's much less than the value that many players put into their time, money, and materials.

You keep trying to counter my statement. There's little to no counter for it.

And that's fair to the people who did the grind twice.....how exactly?

You see, this, right here, this is why you're a hypocrite. Your issue is the time wasted, yet you want to waste the time of people who did the grind twice.
Edited by Tikaru on 7/14/2011 11:38 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Tikaru, Touche.
You just stated that you now understand why people are upset about 4k honor as compensation.
I'm glad you finally get it.
Thank you.

There is no good way to hand this situation, that's why we're getting 4k honor. It's all they can do without pissing more people off or going overboard.

If they awarded people with honor equal to a full set (every slot) so people can get the 371 gear, then people who did the grind twice (like me) will then have two full sets of 371 gear for different specs. You really think people won't complain about that?

It's a bad issue all around.
85 Human Paladin
Still no response to the questions I raised....

Blizzard screwed up, admitted it, won't compensate us properly for it, and won't explain why.

I've given them enough time. My subscription is now cancelled. :(

90 Blood Elf Mage
Rather then complaining, arguing, and insulting one another, why don't you think of a way that Blizzard can reimburse everyone fairly. There is no physical way that they could undo everyone's situation. What they can do is come up with a single method and compensate everyone equally. They made a mistake (as all humans do) and have admitted and apologized for it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]