Season Transition Compensation Action

85 Undead Priest
Personally, I want to see something like this happen to the PvE community. Hell, I'd like to see people in PvE have to grind for their gear rather than get drops in every dungeon run. I am curious what the responses from these PvE people would be if Blizzard not only royally screwed them out of new gear, but then offered the minimum repayment they could, rather than doing the RIGHT thing and paying people back every last honor point they spent during that time.

85 Orc Death Knight
Slash, all I'm saying is that in the case where the mistake was made, to make everything ok with the players you simply convert all the 365 to 371 leaving all the gems and chants on the gear. That's every single piece of 365 that exists.
If this was done right away then no person could have an argument against it.
Then you say "Sorry, we messed up and we did our best to fix it. This wont happen next season as we are all aware of how it will go now."

I did arena, I farmed my gear, I farmed it again and have several toons in 371. Just put 371 on everyone who has any piece of 365 (including the boss in BH) and we all roll into the next season and do our thing. It's really pretty simple.
4k honor though, that's something to be argued because it's much less than the value that many players put into their time, money, and materials.

You keep trying to counter my statement. There's little to no counter for it.

Yeah, but an auto-upgrade isn't going to be what happens every season. I'd imagine that they WANT people playing BGs during the first few weeks of the arena season, so that BGs pop regularly, and there's some experienced/geared players in helping out the new people (or flaming them all the way through, as per alliance standard procedure)...

I agree, if, on the day, they had upgraded all 365 to 371, then it would have alleviated this problem. I guess they didn't realise on day one that it would get blown out like this, and by the time they did, it was too late, as people had already started getting 371 gear, and so free upgrades would infuriate those players. The upgrade from 365 to 371 probably isn't something that can be hot-fixed in, so would have taken another week anyway to develop, test, and then implement at the next window. Either way, they were in for tears from a group somewhere, so they've tried to come up with a solution that has some thought behind it, and some justification for why it is what it is.

So bearing in mind that a day-0 upgrade from 365 to 371 was pretty much impossible, what do you think is a valid compensation? One that is fair on everyone? Hindsight is great, and if Blizz had a time machine we know what they would have done (communicate beforehand, etc). But we're at this point now, so what do you think, right now, would be fair?
85 Tauren Death Knight

There is no other billion dollar company on earth but Blizzard who treats and offers customer service like they do. Poor Service!
Your ignorance is staggering.
85 Tauren Death Knight
07/15/2011 12:35 AMPosted by Dillinja
Not such a bad idea really.
Not for people who aren't Jewelcrafters or Enchanters, no, it wouldn't be.

Right...
85 Orc Death Knight
I guess with that in mind the only fair thing to do would be to give everyone 4k honor and also give them the mats for the gems and chants as well as the gold they spent. Again, another long process but since you can go into the armory and see what was purchased on any given day, and you can look at the AH and see what's been purchased and sold, you could eventually reimburse the players for the money and materials.

Of course, we'd all like to live in a perfect world but that's not a reality we can have.

So if they were to at least give people enough gems and chanting mats to put those things on the 371 gear, like just say "**** it" and drop a bunch of chanting mats and gems into a bag and mail it to all the players, they might get a better response. Those mats can be used or sold so the money can be regained by that.

One gem for every slot, enough chant mats for the common chants, and 4k honor.
No research or database query needed.

Sounds pretty fair to me, I'd support that...

07/15/2011 12:03 AMPosted by Drtouchy
Personally, I want to see something like this happen to the PvE community. Hell, I'd like to see people in PvE have to grind for their gear rather than get drops in every dungeon run. I am curious what the responses from these PvE people would be if Blizzard not only royally screwed them out of new gear, but then offered the minimum repayment they could, rather than doing the RIGHT thing and paying people back every last honor point they spent during that time.

It's a hard one, because they obviously want to get something to us all quickly, as there'd be no point finally giving out compensation 6 weeks into the season. However, getting it all exactly accurate could take a long time, as there's so many different cases -
a spent 3300HP, b spent 4000 HP + 2000 JP converted to HP, c spent 15000 HP, of which they would have been able to carry over 4000 HP, d spent 4000 HP on trade mats. Refunding everyone what they spent would only be fair if they took off everyone the gear that they bought, and provided mats/enchanted scrolls/cut gems for whatever they'd done to the new gear. But do you really want to wait for however long it'd take? If this affects 2 million people (number outta the air), that's a heck of a lot of verification they have to do to make sure everyone gets what they're entitled to, and only what they're entitled to. This is why blanket compensation, although not perfect/ideal, can be delivered quicker, and with less chance for error.

07/15/2011 12:40 AMPosted by Shimala
Not for people who aren't Jewelcrafters or Enchanters, no, it wouldn't be.

Right...

Shoosh, JCs and Enchanters already profited off the first round of gear upgrades, be thankful you get tips the second time around :-p
85 Tauren Death Knight
07/15/2011 01:04 AMPosted by Slashqqmoar
Shoosh, JCs and Enchanters already profited off the first round of gear upgrades, be thankful you get tips the second time around :-p
I'm actually just an Herbalist and an Inscriber.
85 Orc Death Knight
07/15/2011 01:07 AMPosted by Shimala
I'm actually just an Herbalist and an Inscriber.

heh, sorry wasn't meaning literally you :-)
85 Human Death Knight
4k honor is worthless at this point in time... Keep it.
85 Night Elf Druid
the only thing I have seen dumber than the druid changes this expansion is this compensation. hours in wasted time. thousands in wasted gold. and thats one player and one toon.

blizz has failed miserably here, one of the few times in wow's existence. all of the great ideas thrown out for 4k honor. what a terrible damn joke.

I can just hope that idiots behind this pick up the soap and take one for the team.

and all you kids with no life thinking this is good enough, get a job. then come back and let me know how fun it is to grind all that out again.
85 Orc Death Knight
the only thing I have seen dumber than the druid changes this expansion is this compensation. hours in wasted time. thousands in wasted gold. and thats one player and one toon.

blizz has failed miserably here, one of the few times in wow's existence. all of the great ideas thrown out for 4k honor. what a terrible damn joke.

I can just hope that idiots behind this pick up the soap and take one for the team.

and all you kids with no life thinking this is good enough, get a job. then come back and let me know how fun it is to grind all that out again.

Yeah, I think the 4k is "good enough". I wouldn't mind more, but it's a reasonable compromise solution between reasonable payback vs. time to deliver. 3 weeks further down the track, would have been little to no use.

Funnily enough, I have a wife, kids, and a full-time job, and with all that going on, there's no way I can find "hours" of time to waste in ONE week. But seriously, if you needed enough gear that hours of BG time + thousands of gold was required, then you would have had to do that anyway, right? And now, you're probably geared enough to jump into arena and just spend the time mashing faces, replace with CP gear (skipping 371), and save yourself a round of enchants/gems. (Assuming the char you're posting on is the one you did the grinding on)...4k is better than nothing, and in the scheme of what we could actually have achieved had we known all the info, isn't THAT far off.
85 Dwarf Warrior
While this hardly makes up for the full 20k honor grind and thousands of gold to gem/enchant many of us did in the transition week, it is most welcome. I honestly thought there would be no response from Blizzard at all. Thank you Blizzard for taking actions to help correct problem.

90 Human Paladin
I guess with that in mind the only fair thing to do would be to give everyone 4k honor and also give them the mats for the gems and chants as well as the gold they spent. Again, another long process but since you can go into the armory and see what was purchased on any given day, and you can look at the AH and see what's been purchased and sold, you could eventually reimburse the players for the money and materials.

Of course, we'd all like to live in a perfect world but that's not a reality we can have.

So if they were to at least give people enough gems and chanting mats to put those things on the 371 gear, like just say "**** it" and drop a bunch of chanting mats and gems into a bag and mail it to all the players, they might get a better response. Those mats can be used or sold so the money can be regained by that.

One gem for every slot, enough chant mats for the common chants, and 4k honor.
No research or database query needed.

i love this idea Sir ,
something along these lines sounds excellent

and this wouldnt necessarily require a speedy delivery , although the honor portion would be put to best use sooner rather than later
Edited by Tanewaka on 7/15/2011 5:40 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/15/2011 12:03 AMPosted by Drtouchy
We have tiers too, ya know. PvPers aren't the only ones that have to grind. Dungeon after dungeon after dungeon to get JP is JUST as much of a grind if not more so, because the only thing that changes is the people you're running it with, not what you're fighting.
85 Troll Druid

Why would you WANT to see something like this happen to anyone again... you know what I would be pretty furious if anything like this happens again to ANYONE. Blizz lost more than they probably know with this little mistake of thiers. But in the end, I like to play this game so I'll gratefully take my 4K at this point (better than nothing).

I think its hilarious you also think PvE doesn't have to grind to get their gear. Unless you are raiding everything that drops in heroics and ZA/ZG is worthless (unless you're new to the dungeons) and hopefully you have an enchanter in your group to get a shard outta the deal. It's a more boring grind than PvP when you're really pigeon holed into doing ZA/ZG constantly to get a measly 140 Valor.

You were not screwed out of any gear, you got EPIC 365 items which are still pretty daym good.

With a lot of people claiming to have gotten full sets of new PvP gear with-in a week PvP is far superior to PvE as far as upgrades an individual can get.

07/15/2011 12:35 AMPosted by Dillinja

I like this idea, it's the first time I've seen this solution presented for the loss of materials used on the 365 gear. Happy with my 4K once again, but it really would be nice if Blizz would think about making another gesture like this in addition to the honor.

85 Human Paladin
Personally, I'm appreciative of the 4000 honor.

I made a whopping 32,000 honor during the week 365 Vicious was available (Woot, perfectly timed AV weekend.. the only BG Alliance conquers..) and now I've got -most- of my 371, so knowing I have to grind 4000 less now, makes me pretty happy!

Thanks Blizz.

85 Tauren Druid
Just to clarify:

People who didn't know about i371 gear and wasted their honor on i365 will be compensated.

People who didn't know about i371 gear and wasted their honor on trade goods will not.

How is this fair?
Very reasonable. Blizz. Thank you for seeing this through.

I know people will still (rightfully) be mad about $ spent on enchants/gems, but I hope they will give you some credit for trying.
85 Night Elf Druid
imo i think they should just make all of the 365 gear sellable for full refund, then use that honor to purchase the new 371 gear, it would be easier than just giving everyone that bought gear during that time and giving them 4k honor

i purchased 8 items in that 1 week span and am only getting 4k honor, while someone that purchased only 1 item will be getting the same 4k honor...

why not just make all of the pvp 365 gear sellable for full refund and use the honor u get back for that to buy the new gear, of course leave the cap at 4k and if ur stupid enuf to sell it too fast u will lose a whole lot of gear and honor, it will fix everyones problem with less effort and not give people more honor than that which they spent during the 1 week mess up.

^^^ QUOTE THIS IF U THINK THIS IS A BETTER SOLUTION!!!!!

the more people we have agree on this the better chance we have of getting this solution, it will make it much more even and not screw over lots of people hardcore.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]