RE: Debate Frost or Fire Mage

90 Blood Elf Mage
I have seen this debated in trade chat almost every day now. I would like to here what you all think so here it is. Frost or Fire for PVP? Which is better and why?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Frost.

Unlimted amounts of CC
Ability to kite meele for days
Extreme amounts of burst

/thread
Edited by Ribeyes on 7/14/2011 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
arcane
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Fire.

Very limited CC.
Can kite melee for 20-30 seconds.
Low burst.
Look cooler.
Edited by Epilepsy on 7/25/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Fire melts ice. Fire wins. Plus like Epilepsy said, looks cooler..
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
I heard melee mages are the new "win".
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Could be.. I've seen a few in bgs..
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
No
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
If i was a mage, i would totally reforge and gem strength for massive wand crits.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
People would be like, "AMG, did that mage just melee me, wtf?!?!"
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
07/28/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Soisoi
People would be like, "AMG, did that mage just melee me, wtf?!?!"

The sad part is there are probably people out there who do this...I've not done "worst toon on the armory" searching in a while, but they have to be out there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Have any of you that answered actually played a mage? Before cat it was an easy choice on what spec for a mage but now ..not so sure. I have bounced back and forth a bit between frost and fire and read a lot of forums and articles and still am not sure which is better in PVE or PVP. At this point I am almost sold on Frost. Frost is #1 in single mob fights by quite a bit, but doesn't seem very efficient when it comes to AOE in handling mana. I spend a lot of time drinking potions and whatnot, too much time it seems to me.
Fire seems to be more versatile, and better in AOE than Frost. Fire just doesn't seem to have the strength or stamina that frost has. And I am not speaking of numbers, just the stay alive strength and stamina. What do you really think and why? My guildies are rather split down the middle and may be that way here but you may have different reasons that will be convincing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
^ TL:DR
Reply Quote
71 Undead Mage
Obedience plays frost!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
There's no debate. Each spec has a niche (fire having a very small one - I only use it in battle of gilneas rated battle grounds) and each spec is so profoundly different that you can conclusively say which spec is better in every conceivable scenario. Unless you are constantly involved in large team fights (> 5v5), frost is miles ahead of fire. In fact, it's so far ahead that I question whether this thread is serious.

The real debate: frost mages who are using Moonwell Chalice, do you prefer it to the spell power on use PvP trinket? I just bought my chalice today and I'm pretty disappointed with the numbers that I'm getting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/28/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Soisoi
If i was a mage, i would totally reforge and gem strength for massive wand crits.

Sounds like you are a big noob. Stay a noob and play your faceroll class as a paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/05/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Hellscreamer

Sounds like you are a big noob. Stay a noob and play your faceroll class as a paladin.

Lmfao @ a mage calling any other class faceroll...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/05/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Rikku

Lmfao @ a mage calling any other class faceroll...

Really you should have made a troll because here you are trolling another persons forum. You make this laughable as a faceroller yourself!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't need to hide behind an alt to speak my mind and seeing how I'm trolling the troll.. Its okay. Also I don't remember denying that my class is faceroll? Though i can promise you its a lot less faceroll than your class Emil ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/05/2011 04:47 PMPosted by Rikku
I don't need to hide behind an alt to speak my mind and seeing how I'm trolling the troll.. Its okay. Also I don't remember denying that my class is faceroll? Though i can promise you its a lot less faceroll than your class Emil ;)

LOL fool Emil is no more. This is a main and you should really stop trolling the forums. I started this post as a gitimate question since it was a trade topic the day I started it. You need to get a life and gtfo this forum and let real mage players have their say. Go troll somewhere else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]