Swift Zulian Panther

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
I ran Zul'Gurub earlier with some people on my server, we ended up having Swift Zulian Panther drop and I managed to win the roll. I was pretty excited because I imagined it would have had similar features to the Swift Zulian Tiger from the original ZG. I mounted up in anticipation only to realize that it was a re-skinned version of a lower level Night Elf mount. What gives?

I looked back at some of the posts from another database site for WoW and found out it was similar to a vanilla mount that isn't available anymore. This mount may be somewhat appealing to Horde players, but what about Alliance characters that obtain it? It's not like this mount has a common drop rate, so I would think it'd be nice to have it as a re-skinned version of the Swift Zulian Tiger. I only say that because the ZG raptor mount that drops has a unique look to it and is re-skinned after the higher end Troll mounts, so it'd be nice if the panther had some armor or something to make it a little more unique.

90 Human Paladin
It's a panther mount, what were you expecting?
90 Dwarf Shaman
A panther mount with the same armour as the Zulian tiger one.
Edited by Communities on 7/14/2011 10:48 AM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
07/14/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Communities

This.
90 Human Warlock
07/14/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Communities
90 Tauren Shaman
I was hoping for the "rapid Zulian Tiger Mount" that looked exactly the same as the swift one, maybe just a hint darker shade of orange.

Actually i will just be happy with any cat mount should i get it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll take it if you don't want it....

Seriously, that thing is still very rare to get. I am sad that after farming for the tiger for over a year I never saw it drop, and now will never have a chance at it again, but I'd take the panther if I could.

You mean like this? Darnassian Nightsaber

I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, it's disappointing that the only tiger mount was removed, but you should still feel very lucky that you got that panther. I am jealous.
I definitely felt the same way when it dropped and I won the roll. Everyone in the group was like, "mount up and let's see it, what does it look like?"

"Like and 8 silver Night Elf mount"

I'm still really glad I got it for the rarity so I meant it jokingly.
90 Orc Death Knight
07/14/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Tamaara
guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, it's disappointing that the only tiger mount was removed, but you should still feel very lucky that you got that panther. I am jealous.

Oh I'm absolutely happy that I have this mount, it's definitely my main mount that I use now. The only reason that I brought it up is because Blizzard set a sort of standard by having an awesome tiger mount drop from the original Mandokir, it almost seems like it would be respectable to have a mount that'd be similar to the tiger. You would almost assume that both versions of the mount would have similar armor, but be unique in the fact that you can't have a tiger mount with armor anymomre; instead you'd be able to get a panther mount with armor.

And yes, the Darnassian Nightsaber is definitely bad ass.
85 Night Elf Mage
I've got this mount too, and it does seem a little bland for the rarity of it. Maybe put some unique tiki armor on it or something, make it stand out a little more.

Rare mounts should be impressive, a night elf riding a tiger mount of no distinguishable features is anything but.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It is actually the same as the low level Nightsaber without the white spot on it. As a mount collector, I was extremely dissappointed when the "Unfinished model" for this mount was added without any actual work done to it. It is sad that Blizzard cannot manage to change even skins anymore for some of these mounts.

The Cenarion Hatchling and this are both exact copies of something else in-game, yet are called new so they can trick people that don't pay attention to **#!.

This is one mount I do not want.
90 Orc Death Knight
Got someone to ask me how I transfer Alliance mounts to Horde. Thought it was hillarious he thought that by looking at my mount.
85 Dwarf Paladin
It's not a re-skin of anything. It has the exact same skin as one of the pre-bc epic mounts, before they had armor.

Also /Rubs my Swift Zulian Tiger. Why are people so sad that they didn't get this thing? In Cata I can only think of 4 places that someone would ever use it. TB/BGs/ZA/ZG.

90 Orc Hunter
I soloed ZG trying for that tiger mount so many times...was devastated when they removed the instance, and overjoyed when they added it as a 5m and I heard they were putting mount drops in! Then I actually saw them...

Yes, I want both of them, I want EVERY mount, I collect them. However it's boring and bland, so I would never actually use it.

Same thing with the ZA bear, I've got that but it never gets used, it's PINK for gods sake. Seriously, that mount needs to be recolored badly.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]