[A] Mostly Harmless -- 8/8 H DS

90 Human Priest
Mostly Harmless is always willing to examine applications from people who can bring something to the guild, be it excellent raiding, farming, pvp, or being funny in guild chat. As it is the end of the expansion, we have no specific needs for current raiding. I am only updating this because every few months my recruiting thread makes like a zombie and rises from the dead.

What to expect from us:
A very active and capable guild comprised mostly of adults who are engaging and eager to befriend new members if only to have fresh people to tell old stories to.

We progress steadily and raid seriously to finish tiers before they are nerfed but also recognize that issues such as night classes, family concerns, vacations, and whatever will sometimes stand in the way. Furthermore we do sacrifice progression to maintain steady raiding for people who are developing as players, we feel that a sort of farm system is beneficial to the guild as a whole, it fosters participation, and improvement.

An objectively fair epgp loot system that rewards attendance but does not make a few absences insurmountable to gearing your toon.

A respectful and fun environment with amazing people and all perks and resources of a level 25 guild. This includes repairs, gems, and all enchants provided by the guild bank to raiders.

One of the very few guilds on the server that cleared Firelands in 25 man, and plan more of the same in 4.3 which means more loot for our raiders! Who doesn't love loot?

What we expect from you:
You know your class, stat appropriately, and are active and interested in improving your toon.

The ability to not collapse into a furious puddle of finger pointing and sulkiness when wipes occur on progression bosses. Or if you are placed on standby on occasion.

Are accountable for your performance, and behavior in interaction with guild members.

Working knowledge of several semi obscure pop culture references, knowledge of Russian literature and the works of Douglas Adams are a plus!

We raid three times a week, Tuesday and Thursday from 10pm-1am server (will possibly be pushed back an hour soon 9-12) and Sunday from 6pm-9pm server. Our late raid times are an accomodation for members of the guild located in Europe and Australia. Saturdays and Fridays are generally alt runs in DS and Dragonwrath farms in FL.

To apply visit our website at http://mhundermine.net or directly contact in game Alzihm, Cainbo, Nulled, Coolblues, Taralas, Sardra, or Smyslov.
Edited by Alzihm on 7/26/2012 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I walked passed Belle at the Dwarf bank last week and we have progressed three bosses since! It isn't because people are back from vacation, no no, I give Belle full credit. Unlike those rascals in HPR who withhold props.

So /BUMP
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/bump WTB healers
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/bump for Ragnaros dead in a 25 man type of way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/Bump for 25 heroic Shannox down and a need for tanks and plate mdps!
Edited by Alzihm on 10/24/2011 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
bumped for first paged-ness :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/Bump for some moar healers
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/bump
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
:O what kind of healers?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Any healing class as long as they know what they're doing and have good attendance.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Omahgawd you got transgendered!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/bump for high tank need... someone who does not have a SWTOR account a plus!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Death Knight
Bumpage for my guildinator bros....and broetts
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/Bump for a couple strong healers that let people move from OS so we can start heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
08/09/2011 01:41 AMPosted by Alzihm
Unlike those rascals in HPR who withhold props.

Say what?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This recruitment message is so old that I think that was a small joke towards Belle from Rubicon when he was on about having built HPR and you guys owing success to him, etc. There was no offense meant and I think 25 raiders and 10 raiders are equally as wonderful and epic individuals and therefore have no need to fight on this humble thread.
Edited by Alzihm on 2/14/2012 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Oh I wasn't taking offense. In fact, I try to make sure that we have a good working relationship with ALL the guilds on the server. After all, we're all in it together against those rapscallions from all the other servers anyway. I was going to ask if you had a bad experience with someone in the guild so I could rap their knuckles :)

Keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/bump
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
While I'm glad to see Nisia's take on guild's supporting each other, I'm a lil taken back by the reference Alzihm makes towards me" being on about having built HPR/HPR "owing success to me"..etc.
Truth is, when I recruited 85% of the 380 members in HPR (Then Hell's Panty Raiders, and before the Guild Rank/Rewards system was installed by Blizz to counteract the difficulty guilds had in keeping members) when I took over GM for Nellishus (the guild was 35 toons when I took the reigns), HPR's raiding was dismal at best. Along with some good officers, we implemented recruiting/activities/raiding strategies and built the guilds foundations. I can't take credit for HPR's success, only its base format, initial organization and base population. I relinquished the GM role back to Nell when she came back to the game, continued to support HPR, through the creation of the Alliance of Guilds (AoG) founded by members of Exalted Knights, Hell's Panty Raiders and Knights of Naaru. The AoG idiology being; guilds working together to "get better" had shared resourses available, counteracted some of the common problems all guilds faced, and well, had more people involved/attached to get through more content more efficiently. I left HPR, when the officers I had installed and trained, saw me as some sort of "threat". After leaving to take a break from the constant drama, I was blacklisted from HPR by those same officers. Since that time, I have been asked on two occassions to return to the GM role of HPR, by the standing GM at those times. Both were in times of serious crisis in HPR, (which they managed to transcend without me, btw). I had to respectfully decline, as I had taken on a new commitment in The Rubicon. HPR was at one time THE lead guild in the AoG, but had to be removed from that group for straying from the base values and concepts of the AoG (as outlined in the AoG Charter, which each Sister Guild was asked to accept (respect for individuals rights and Sister Guilds equality and sovereinty). Tamthecutter and the other officers in HPR have done a marvelous job of getting better and better at raiding, and my hats off to them. One look at my "kill sheet" on this toon,. will tell you, I'm not very interested in the raiding aspect of the game. I'm much more interested in the social aspects, which is what makes me a decent GM. Matter of fact, my best raid toon isn't even on Undermine, and isn't even Alliance faction. This past year, Undermine has de-evolved (imho) into a endless string of dramas created by a few malcontents who just want to claim undermine to be their playground, to the detriment of overal success for anyone, compared to even moderately successful RP Servers. Undermine is sooo far down the ranks of servers. No one on Undermine should be too "proud" of what the server in general has accomplished.
Myself included.
The fact that when "isolated" (compared to it's time with "enhanced inter guild connectivity" in AoG), HPR has done VERY well in raiding, has me re-evaluating what format leads to better overall success; A) connected and sharing resources, or B) isolated and immune from the constant drama's infecting sooo many "connected" guilds. Maybe the results of HPR's current format are clear: The less a guild has to rely or support other guilds, maybe that equates to less drama,distraction/more raid success.
I hope, someday, Undermine will become more stable, more co-operative, and more successful across the board. Those goals are what we tried to install with our format of the original HPR, as well as the original format of the AoG.
Back to point:
I cannot take credit for HPR Phoenix's successes in this expansion/patch, and never intended to claim their success as my own. I built the guild,recruit by recruit, program by program, resource by resource, managed to keep them together, with focus, along with the help of a number of people, what they did with it after I left, is all their work, not mine. Nell asked me to take over her 30 toon "friends" guild, I gave her back a 380 toon guild, formatted, organized, connected and poised to make a decent run at the rankings, which they obviously did.
Kudos.
HPR is my 2nd fav guild in the game, and I will always be HPR's most vocal supporter, even though HPR has at times blacklisted me, disrespected former Sister Guilds, former officers, former members, and turned back emissaries who have attempted to reconnect HPR to the large group of AoG guilds committed to inter connectivity and support between the guilds of Undermine.
I hope that info clears up any misconceptions about any of my statements, connections, intentions or views.

Belle
GM Rubicon
Former GM Hell's Panty Raiders (renamed HPR Phoenix)
Edited by Belle on 3/6/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
hehehe...there's my "wall of text" for you dear citizens of Undermine to ponder violently. Sorry I haven't provided the trolls with more targets over the last couple of months. I know the trolls need to eat too.
Have at it/bon appetite

Belle
Edited by Belle on 3/6/2012 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]