How to make macros?

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
I tried to do the modifier thing but it doesnt work. here is what the macro looks like.
/cast [nomod] Life Tap
/cast [mod:alt] Drain Life

when I press the alt button the picture of the macro changes to the Drain Life picture but it will not allow me to use it. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Check to see if you have Alt+thatkey bound to something else already, or Alt set up as your self-cast or focus-cast modifier. If you want to use modifier macros, you have to make sure the modifiers in question aren't already in use for anything else.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
ok, that was the problem. Thanks, guys
86 Blood Elf Rogue
Are there macros for Rogues also??
90 Troll Priest
12/01/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Silveriodine
Are there macros for Rogues also??

You can make macros for all different classes. Check the sticky at the top for more info about macros.

In the future if you have a question please make a new thread. You just bumped one from over a year ago.
90 Undead Rogue
I have a question too... I have a druid. And i want to combine my Moonkin's Wild charge, with prowl. so i can bounce backwards and activate prowl to hide if spots get tight. Is it possible? ive tried all the combinations that are on this list...
Moonkins can't use prowl, you're thinking of cats. Prowl is only usable outside of combat, unless King of the Jungle is active. In order to work, you would have to have something along the lines of:
/castsequence Incarnation: King of the Jungle, Wild Charge, Prowl

This may not work correctly, so you may have to fiddle with it, but it's the basic idea of what you want.

I would really, really, really advise against using this. (Really). Cast sequence macros are a really bad idea in both PvE and PvP for combat abilities and cooldowns. The scenario you're talking about is highly situational. I would recommend keeping these abilities separate and using them when the situation calls for it. Relying on a macro is asking for trouble.

Also, in the future, don't necro older threads. If you have a question, create a new thread. It helps ensure that your question is answered in a timely manner and prevents the boards from being cluttered with older threads.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]