Sup Cairne!

90 Troll Hunter
So i wanted to ask the server, what really bugs you? It can be anything from crazy AH prices to PVE/PVP issues.

So i'll start it off... Cairne is 99.9% bad players...discuss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Exactly what category are you judging those "bad" players on?
Some people excel at questing, some at PvP, and some in raiding.

If you're judging someone on only one of those categories, that's not exactly right.

I know some great raiders that HATE and SUCK at PvP.
I know some sick PvP'rs that don't have any raid awareness at all.

But then there are the players who suck at everything, and can't play their class at all.

But ask yourself this, "Were you a pro when you first started playing?"

:)
Edited by Altethor on 7/18/2011 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
But then there are the players who suck at everything, and can't play their class at all.

But ask yourself this, "Were you a pro when you first started playing?"

First I'll answer your question. When I started playing back in classic (on Illidan) i was probably overall better than most of the players on Cairne. I wasn't the best on the server by any means or probably not even in the top 30~40% of players but i definitely didn't suck. I believe most of my experience would come from Illidan being a pvp server. While leveling 1-60 you gain valuable lessons that teach you how to survive while questing and defending yourself in pvp combat.

Now about players who suck at everything...yes. I just can't imagine how some players are so horribly bad. First I would like to point out that outside a raiding environment it isn't about DPS or HPS or mitigation just on player ability alone sans gear. You most likely will find players that are just unable to do simple mechanics found in dungeons. I could list those out but I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the guy who stands in fire.

Now raiding is a completely different story. Let's take Shannox for example, a very simple fight to do once you grasp the simple mechanics:

It basically boils down for DPS is to not stand in traps attack the right target.
Tanks require a little finesse and communication to properly snare the dogs for stacks to drop, watch traps.
Healers are much like the DPS. Tank healers make sure the tank stays alive, raid healer focus on healing the raid...which shouldn't take any damage other than rageface. oh yeah.. stay outta traps!

Now someone give me a reason why this fight isn't puggable? I've raided almost all content in this game even heroic modes and i laughed at how simple the mechanics are then cried after wiping. Am i asking too much? Is my attitude elitist? I understand the occasional oh sorry didn't see it etc but as a server we should be able to do this in a pug.

Am i asking too much? I've seen pugs on other servers that have more content done than our top guilds.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
07/18/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Altethor
Exactly what category are you judging those "bad" players on?

The fact that I can make random Pug Rated Bg's, and have about 30 of us hit Sergeant, and at elast 10 hit First Sergeant tells me thats it's not the players that suck, it's the lack of good leadership.

Pugs don't lead themselves, and when a bad who can't lead makes a pug, the pug goes nowhere, regardless of the intent.

don't judge the common man by what he can't do, judge him by what he can.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
tl;dr QQ some more.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue

I know some great raiders that HATE and SUCK at PvP.
I know some sick PvP'rs that don't have any raid awareness at all.

this servers standards for the above are lol worthy. Being a good raider or a good PVPer here is like coming in 3rd at the special olympics, you might have placed but you're still a !@#$tard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
07/30/2011 02:25 AMPosted by Mayormcpen
this servers standards for the above are lol worthy. Being a good raider or a good PVPer here is like coming in 3rd at the special olympics, you might have placed but you're still a !@#$tard.

laymans excuse.
Everyone says that about everything. If this was a higher ranked sever, everybody not in the core raid group of the best guild of the realm would fall under "bad" because thats how the standard works for those in said group.

Regardless, it's easy to say others are bad, think about how hard it is to tell when someone is good.

Most of you can't tell the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
well seeing as how my guild has atleast 10 knight-captains i dont think that cairne has bad people.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Fligbot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Once knew a player (they quit awhile back), their favorite in game activity was drunk fishing, they enjoyed running other players through dungeons, hanging around on vent, generally just messing around in the game. A truly amusing person to be around. We took them to a few raids, they would die on just about every encounter, but they'd crack jokes and laugh and pretty much had a ball. By your definition this person is bad, and certainly by certain criteria the were. But they were also fun. I know, I know, video games are serious bizness and fun is only allowed after the imaginary loot has been collected.

As far as most of the players on Cairne being bad? Nah for the most part they're average players, average people. Look at the way 99.9% of people drive their cars, and tell me it's surprising that so many people can't handle so called simple tasks in raids. Or run through the dungeon finder a few times, and say that those that struggle with game mechanics are somehow exclusive to Cairne.

Yeah the server sits pretty low in rankings in PvE and PvP, it's a server that is very casual. We lack any high powered raiding or pvp guilds to attract more serious players to the realm. That's all it is, where there is the perception of success, the sheep will follow. Is it a surprise so many went to Tichondrius after so many high end arena players set up shop there? Ever wonder why Darkspear is overrun by fanboys? You don't think people wanting to get into competitive raid guilds look for servers with said guilds in hopes of getting picked up by one? And that also raises the capability of pugs on those servers.

Ultimately you're responsible for your own success or lack thereof in the game, coming on here and trolling people, and insulting them doesn't change that. You want better raiding? Either get a good group together and show everyone how it's done, or transfer and find a group that suits your needs.

Hardcore raiding is certainly something that can be admired, I'm not saying it shouldn't. But it's not for everyone. It's something that requires a lot of time and energy, and that more than anything is what I see draining people when they try it. I mean how many times did Havoc break up and reform when they were on the server? How many raid guilds have sputtered out do to burn out? Or simply blow up because of some raid drama?

There was a period of time where I thought getting into a more serious raiding environment sounded good, but I spent time thinking about what was actually important to me, and decided it simply wasn't something I was interested in at this time. I'd much rather hang out with friends and have good time, than worry about some achievement in a game, or some piece of loot, being on progression curve, or whatever people use to prop themselves up for getting, and put others down for not having.

I guess that's my biggest problem with these types of comments or threads. Not saying your not entitled to your opinion, or you feelings aren't valid in some way. But it's just so much easier to just be negative. So much easier to boost yourself up by putting others down.

As far as Fligbot goes, he makes me laugh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
07/31/2011 03:07 PMPosted by Kungfool
Ultimately you're responsible for your own success or lack thereof in the game, coming on here and trolling people, and insulting them doesn't change that. You want better raiding? Either get a good group together and show everyone how it's done, or transfer and find a group that suits your needs.

/SPARTACLAP.

Seriously, can't say that better myself.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I just want to say. Thank you, you alliance pig.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Uh...you're welcome?
Reply Quote
The thing that bugs me most about this server is how difficult it is to put together a pug. Being in a small guild I have to pug half a raid whenever we decide to do one, and that includes tanks and healers. I sit in Trade for an hour and tend to get two kinds of whispers: people asking me if everyone in the group has downed the bosses several times (/facepalm), and people complaining about my simple requirements for decent gear and knowledge of how the fight mechanics work (double /facepalm). Most of the time we just end up doing heroics or something because I can't get enough people. This doesn't mean that everyone on Cairne is bad, it just means there aren't many raiders who are joining pugs, which gets frustrating since we are also having trouble recruiting raiders.

My theory is that we have sort of a vicious circle going on - the serious raiders don't want to pug because they are afraid of failing due to past experiences, and the more casual players are now afraid to join pugs for fear of getting yelled at, and because they never raid they never learn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Did you know that 87.26% of all statistics are made up?
And there are some pretty good players on the server.
Reply Quote
17 Undead Warlock
Man I have seen them call the #1 rated arena player a noob.

It went something like: I saw him before hes a baddy and only ranked 1 cause of his weak battlegroup

haha I don`t care what battlegroup you are in If you rank 1 you might not be the best but you sure don`t suck.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, you are judging all the Horde players bad just bc of little ole me? And I thought we were friends Hawk. :(
Reply Quote
@ Kungfool Well said... your pretty smart for alliance, sure your not Horde?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
08/18/2011 03:15 PMPosted by Subjector
@ Kungfool Well said... your pretty smart for alliance, sure your not Horde?

LOL I like the for being alliance qualifier there. And I have an 85 horde toon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]