Sup Cairne!

Hawkish has a good point. When it comes to raiding progression, Cairne is awful. Once a server has lost most of it's top quality raiders it's almost impossible to get new top raiders. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the game, it's just part of human nature. Excellence attracts excellence.

I used to play on the Misha server through vanilla and BC and Shandris server during the end of BC and most of Wrath. I was in top notch guilds and we had a ton of server firsts on Shandris. But it required me to play the game a lot. As a middle aged fat guy I just couldn't raid 12-16 hours a week and stay married.

Now that I'm on Cairne it's much more relaxed. It can be frustrating at times but at this stage of real life it's what is best for me.

By the way, Hawkish is a top notch player. I've raided with him several times while I was in Skethyl Berry.
Reply Quote
I used to play on the Misha server through vanilla and BC and Shandris server during the end of BC and most of Wrath. I was in top notch guilds and we had a ton of server firsts on Shandris. But it required me to play the game a lot. As a middle aged fat guy I just couldn't raid 12-16 hours a week and stay married.

Speaking of staying married, Milk, has your wife seen your, ah, creative emotes on WoW...?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
08/29/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Yozda

Speaking of staying married, Milk, has your wife seen your, ah, creative emotes on WoW...?

IF YA KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYIN
Reply Quote
Yeah, my wife has seen the emotes. She's always flabbergasted by them. Some of them are pretty gross but they are never scatalogical in nature and they are always original.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
people need 2 just use ask mr,robot
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I belong to a pretty chill guild of people who are friends. My sister said that when we raid we always like to have new people because someone has to start somewhere. We are really laid back which it sounds like all of Cairne. Sometimes you have to find time to hang out with your friends and when it takes a long time to get to raiding or you let new people in lots of people want to go to new guilds or even new servers. I think if we are ever gonna get better as a server its going to be because people work at getting better without worrying about what the other servers or people who are elite think about us. I am probably the bad player people complain about and there are stories of my epic failure prolly if you talk to the right people. I want to be a good player but I prolly like being around my guildies better because we have a fun time when we are together and we like each other. We try to help each other be successful and never mind if someone gives us constructive criticism as long as it is not part of a 30 minute barrage that ends with someone telling me I bought my character or I should do ever one a favor and delete him. Criticism without any explanation is probably the reason why people do not want to hang out with people they do not know or pug raids or dungeons. That is why my sister when we use to raid previously always wanted a place for someone new to learn raid mechanics, dungeon mechanics, and how to be a good team player. That is why she started our guild cus people like me do not get it easily.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Oooo i forgot. When I played on ally Oo used to really bugged me in trade with his smileys but after like 4 months of it. It kinda just blended in and got entertaining. uhhh oh back when bell, charmcaster, and killerpallyz used to flag up right before we were about to raid with reso and we'd wait like 20 minutes for them to stop gettin camped outside of icc or when we were forced to save them. But sadly now that I look back those were some of the better raiding times I've had. When I went horde doing karaoke with sidd, boneypie, and pallyprince on the exodus vent used to annoy the hell out of me. Mostly because Boney was always singing asking alexandria or sidd was singing some disney crap -_-. Forgot those when I orginally posted x.x
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Cairne is like a coal mine.
Most of the material mined is worthless rock and sedement.
A large amount is coal which is ugly, messy and is only useful for burning.
There are diamonds in the rough on this server, who would gladly do par with the folks from more raid centric servers but are never given the chance.

The reason cairne seems bad, the reason no one can pug raid content here, is because the vast majority of people on this server do not research the raid fights or their class and are content to wallow in mediocrity, convinced that everyone else is doing the same.

People of cairne, if you want to be able to pug raid content, if you want this server to be better and if you want better gear you MUST research the raid bosses, know everything about all of them and know your class beyond just what Mr. Robot and Noxxic say. You cannot stand idly by and wait for the opportunities to come to you, ya gotta grab the bull by the horns and make those opportunities yourself.
1. Learn to be raid aware, know the fights without needing them explained
2. Spend more time on the dummies, in LFR and in DGs even when you are capped because practice makes perfect. Not every iota of info about your class, spec and role can be googled, so head to the forums or world of logs and see exactly what those who are pro are doing differently. You must learn for yourself through experience and through the experience of others.
3. Be ready, 24/7 with flasks and food at a moments notice. Do not simply half !@# it and expect to be carried, that only works when everyone else is capable of picking up your slack, which they most likely wont.
4. When you do wipe, dont try to survive for a long period of time with everyone else dead, dont talk about non raid issues or take a ninja bio. If the group needs to repair outsede the instance dont just wait where your at because your gear isnt broken. RUN YOUR $%^ OUTSIDE AND REPAIR WITH EVERYONE ELSE SO THEY WONT HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY OUT AGAIN JUST FOR YOU!
5. Dont skimp on gems and enchants. You want the best you can get at all times, all your gear should be gemmed and enchanted regardless of whether or not it is going to be replaced.
6. Class/Spec/Gear do not make the player good, they only make the good player better. If you put in the time and effort to be a better player, you will succeed and if enough succeed then the realm will succeed and you fine folks will be able to pug raids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]