Cairne is like a coal mine.
Most of the material mined is worthless rock and sedement.
A large amount is coal which is ugly, messy and is only useful for burning.
There are diamonds in the rough on this server, who would gladly do par with the folks from more raid centric servers but are never given the chance.
The reason cairne seems bad, the reason no one can pug raid content here, is because the vast majority of people on this server do not research the raid fights or their class and are content to wallow in mediocrity, convinced that everyone else is doing the same.
People of cairne, if you want to be able to pug raid content, if you want this server to be better and if you want better gear you MUST research the raid bosses, know everything about all of them and know your class beyond just what Mr. Robot and Noxxic say. You cannot stand idly by and wait for the opportunities to come to you, ya gotta grab the bull by the horns and make those opportunities yourself.
1. Learn to be raid aware, know the fights without needing them explained
2. Spend more time on the dummies, in LFR and in DGs even when you are capped because practice makes perfect. Not every iota of info about your class, spec and role can be googled, so head to the forums or world of logs and see exactly what those who are pro are doing differently. You must learn for yourself through experience and through the experience of others.
3. Be ready, 24/7 with flasks and food at a moments notice. Do not simply half !@# it and expect to be carried, that only works when everyone else is capable of picking up your slack, which they most likely wont.
4. When you do wipe, dont try to survive for a long period of time with everyone else dead, dont talk about non raid issues or take a ninja bio. If the group needs to repair outsede the instance dont just wait where your at because your gear isnt broken. RUN YOUR $%^ OUTSIDE AND REPAIR WITH EVERYONE ELSE SO THEY WONT HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY OUT AGAIN JUST FOR YOU!
5. Dont skimp on gems and enchants. You want the best you can get at all times, all your gear should be gemmed and enchanted regardless of whether or not it is going to be replaced.
6. Class/Spec/Gear do not make the player good, they only make the good player better. If you put in the time and effort to be a better player, you will succeed and if enough succeed then the realm will succeed and you fine folks will be able to pug raids.